• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Will these games come with an "accessory"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    This is something that I saw on Tumblr.
    Will these games come with an "accessory"

Both pairs of remakes had an accessories that affected the gameplay in some way. FireRed and LeafGreen came with the Wireless Adapter which allowed players to trade and battle each other without the use of link cables. HeartGold and SoulSilver came with the Pokewalker. This was a pedometer which allowed players to send a Pokemon to the device and then find items and catch Pokemon with said Pokemon. The Pokemon would also gain experience for the every step the person would take. It also made your Pokemon friendlier.

Do you guys think OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire will have a similar accessory? If so how will it affect gameplay?

Gave me your ideas cause I have none lol.

BakingBluePotatoe

The Red Death Alchemist
    Years
    How about... the Pokewalker again? they where all the rage when they came out. Perhaps it could also have something like a portable berry garden, or a way to hatch eggs? :3

Deokishisu

Mr. Magius
    Years
    The only accessory I can see thematically fitting is a mini-PokeNav, but if there is an accessory, I hope they just retrofit the Pokewalker. I mean, the Pokewalker holds almost NO data on it, so if they set it up so that ORAS can communicate with the Pokewalker, then we wouldn't really have to worry about limits on which Pokemon can go on it and such, as everything (the Pokemon transfered, the route you're on and its Pokemon and items, the language, font, even the icons!) is done by the game. We could have whole new routes, new items, everything!

In fact, I remember someone hacking HGSS and forcing the Pokewalker to display a Victini, which doesn't exist on HGSS. I'm sure ORAS could easily use the Pokewalker without problems.

Gible

Y L I E S S E
    Years
    Idk, I wouldn't say an incubator sort of deal would be outrageous to consider. Place x amount of eggs and after x step/minutes, they will hatch based on their cycle period.

Years
    How about... the Pokewalker again? they where all the rage when they came out. Perhaps it could also have something like a portable berry garden, or a way to hatch eggs? :3

I personally doubt another Pokewalker since 3DS already has a built-in pedometer. It could be used for the ideas you mentioned, but then it wouldn't be an accessory, necessarily.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
    Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2015
    Maybe an accessory to make it compatible with a future spinoff or something. But then, they've only gone over to the 3DS now. I think the 3DS has more than enough features to need an accessory.

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
    I personally doubt another Pokewalker since 3DS already has a built-in pedometer. It could be used for the ideas you mentioned, but then it wouldn't be an accessory, necessarily.

I'm liking the egg-hatching thing. Like an incubator or maybe something that will help with contests? Pokewalker is out of the question since the pedometer on the 3DS is really all that's need, but the app isn't a bad idea. Someone said "a mini trumpet" as a joke. Omg

Spoiler:

Mithel_Celestia

Alluring Illusion
    Years
    I'm liking the egg-hatching thing. Like an incubator or maybe something that will help with contests? Pokewalker is out of the question since the pedometer on the 3DS is really all that's need, but the app isn't a bad idea. Someone said "a mini trumpet" as a joke. Omg

Spoiler:
    This is a LOL XD. Never expected that.

blue

gucci
    Years
    Yeah, I'd expect some sort of exclusive bundled item that you can interact with the games to be included.. trumpets perhaps? ;)

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    An egg hatching thing wouldn't be a bad idea. Hatching eggs is tedious to do after all. X_X

I'm not sure if they would bother but you never know. If they did, I don't have the faintest idea on what they could use.

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    I actually really liked the PokéWalker :< wouldn't mind seeing something similar with these. Just adds that extra level IMO, and I've always seriously loved little tamagochi-stepcounters. idk I'm being weird right now

Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jul 11, 2022
    Portable Wailmer Pail that lets you grow extra berries and stuff faster with every step? c':

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    As Aeroblast has mentioned, the pedometer of the 3DS essentially nullifies the PokéWalker, sadly. I really enjoyed it but I doubt it is coming back.

I really hope there is some sort of accessory, because I found the PokéWalker very enjoyable and really gave the sense of taking your Pokémon with you even without the game. And I rarely used the wireless adapter of FRLG but it was so integral in developing the wireless features of the DS! Its importance cannot be overstated. So an accessory would be more than welcomed by me, but alas I cannot think of what it might be for the time being.

Although, I have seen some silly responses on the web of how it will be a mini-trumpet!

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    Possibly a portable berry-grower/Pokeblock maker? There's nothing much revealed about the games yet, so we can't say for sure. I love the idea of a mini-trumpet though. ;)

Years
    • Seen Feb 16, 2020
    As Aeroblast has mentioned, the pedometer of the 3DS essentially nullifies the PokéWalker, sadly. I really enjoyed it but I doubt it is coming back.

I really hope there is some sort of accessory, because I found the PokéWalker very enjoyable and really gave the sense of taking your Pokémon with you even without the game. And I rarely used the wireless adapter of FRLG but it was so integral in developing the wireless features of the DS! Its importance cannot be overstated. So an accessory would be more than welcomed by me, but alas I cannot think of what it might be for the time being.

Although, I have seen some silly responses on the web of how it will be a mini-trumpet!

It wouldn't necessarily have to be a step-counter though; just a way for you to interact with the game outside the game itself. :p Lots could be done without having to include something like a pedometer.

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    I actually really liked the PokéWalker :< wouldn't mind seeing something similar with these. Just adds that extra level IMO, and I've always seriously loved little tamagochi-stepcounters. idk I'm being weird right now

A TAMAGOTCHI POKEMON!
    I'D BUY!

Seriously...you could take the Pokewalker but turn it into a little Tamagotchi type thing to help boost its stats...

Yes please!! >w<b

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I like the Tamagotchi idea.

I was gonna say something like the PokeWalker, but better.

Which I guess might be something more like a Tamagotchi.. xD Something similar to the Pokemon Pikachu pets from the 90's, but obviously upgraded. lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back