• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Will Tracey ever come back with Ash in Unova Region someday?

Years
  • Misty and Brock are no longer coming back with Ash anymore. But will Tracey Sketchit going to travel with Ash, Iris and Cilan to Unova Region someday?

Will Tracey ever come back with Ash in Unova Region someday?

Years
    • Seen Jul 4, 2013

Hehe, such a simple answer, yet agreeable nonetheless.

The reason for it is that there is no reason for him to come back plain and simple. Brock came back in D and P because he was needed for the overall plot as an advisor, Cilan fills this need in BW. If there is another series then the developers are more likely to bring Brock back rather than Tracy solely due to popularity. I myself do not like Tracy. Why? I am not sure honestly.

Dent

taste the café m o c h a ♥
    Years
  • I could see him in a cameo or something of the sort, but not as a full-time travelling companion.

AshPikastar

It's Question Time!
    Years
  • I don't think Tracey will come back to the Unova since he is taking care of the lab not unless someone makes a Pokemon Chronicles 2.

DragonsFire128

Triforce Wielder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2011
    nope.avi

As stated before, Brock was brought back as a supervisor. Cilan fills that role. If they bring back an old supervisor, it will most likely be Brock since he was more popular.

I always disliked Tracey. I can't figure out why. He's just one of those people I dislike for no real reason. I just flat don't like them.

Baconkillszombies

I AM NOT A ZOMBIE >.>
    Years
  • It's not that I dislike Tracey,but he was and still is a forgettable character to me. I don't remember anything about him except him like misty a bit or something. xD

yossarian

Knight of Cydonia
    Years
  • Hehe, such a simple answer, yet agreeable nonetheless.

The reason for it is that there is no reason for him to come back plain and simple. Brock came back in D and P because he was needed for the overall plot as an advisor, Cilan fills this need in BW. If there is another series then the developers are more likely to bring Brock back rather than Tracy solely due to popularity. I myself do not like Tracy. Why? I am not sure honestly.

They could fit him in for a one or two episodes here or there if they really wanted to without disbanding the current group. I just think they won't even do that mainly because the writers seem to have adopted a policy now of going out of their way to try and remove any references at all to the very early seasons wherever possible. Unova is meant to be a completely new start. I mean when Ash finished Sinnoh and returned home to Pallet Town there wasn't the customary episode of Ash hanging around in Pallet meeting his old Pokemon, Oak, Tracey, his mum etc etc.... which did slightly annoy me as I'm a long term viewer. The last scene of the last episode of D&P featured him walking on the path back to Pallet ...... and the first scene of B&W was Ash already on his journey to Unova.

Anyway the current trend seems to be that they at the very best, bring in someone from the last region for the current series for a few episodes, Misty in Hoean & May in Sinnoh. So perhaps Dawn may come in for an episode somewhere but I seriously doubt Tracey who is ancient by current standards will ever feature again unless it's at the very very end of the entire series (same applies to Misty and probably May, Max and Brock now).

Last edited:

PearlShipper4Life

Ash fan girl
    Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2016
    I sadly don't see Tracey coming back, I only see him coming back at the end of this series maybe. I was shocked I didn't see him at the start of this series like always but than they were going for new here so. I like his character so this makes me sad, however yah he isn't very popular, less popular than Brock even.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • I am not seeing a reason thus far for him to come back. Unless he happens to go so he can watch and sketch Unova pokemon and maybe collect data on them since I am sure he is an aspiring professor himself. I think they just decided they wanted to relegate him to Oaks lab and how him stay there. I highly doubt we will see him, and if we do it will be toward the end of Unova or in a Unova Filler Saga like Battle Frontier for Kanto.

Years
  • Most likely not, there is no reason for him to return. Also, we haven't even seen him in a very long time. If they were to bring an old character back, I think they would pick Misty or May before Tracey.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Simply put, I don't think Tracey will come back because his main purpose was to fill in for Brock in the Orange Islands. Though it may be nice if he made an appearance alongside Prof. Oak when Oak decides to travel to Unova.

Years
  • Full time? No. He might for an episode or 2 with Oak or a pokemon watcher thing to sketch the new pokemon

solarowl

I'll always be an Outsider.
    Years
  • Yeah, he won't be making a BIG comeback, if he does make a comeback at all. He wasn't very important anyway. If anyone should comeback, it should be Misty. XD

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2018
    I don't think Tracey has much chance to become main character again.He was introduced with attempt of replacing Brock but considering how his character was not accepted well Brock received another chance.

I actually liked Tracey and would like to find out something about his past and family.His goal of being pokemon watcher was also something unique and interesting to see.
    But outside of cameos i can
    't see him joining Ash ever again.If writers ever decide to bring any older character back as traveling companion more popular characters like May,Misty or Brock would be used before he even comes in consideration.

Years
  • Will Tracey going to meet his new two friends Iris and Cilan someday?

Will Tracey going to meet his new two friends Iris and Cilan in the Unova Region someday?

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Nothings certain, he didn't even get to meet Dawn.

Although, Dawn talked to Oak quite a lot of times when Ash used to call him and even met too. So I'm sure Oak must of mentioned Dawn to him a few times. I can't remember off the top of my head if Oak has had the chance to talk to either Iris or Cilan but if he did I'm sure he'd tell Tracey about em'.

Then again, still depends on weather the writers give him a cameo or they decide to let Iris and Cilan go along with Ash back to Pallet town with Ash and he could meet 'em then...

Back