• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Winter Haven] Ice Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip Class

previously zappyspiker, but rainbow keeps trying t
Years
  • Nyeh >.< I didn't want to do too many of these back to back posts, but! I don't want this thread to die -.-

Although, most Cloyster users take advantage of Skill Link, Shell Break, and Spike Cannon/Icicle Spear <3

Oh yea Cloyster can have Skill Link too. It would be awesome if moves like Spike Cannon and Icicle Spear would have a higher power... then Skill Link would be pretty deadly xD

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Yay we have a new member in nightmare. In all honesty i am not sure why closter is even ice type. If i saw it and had to guess i would go water/rock. Even though its a horrible typing i think cloyster is more rock than ice. Meh what do i know :P

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Oh yea Cloyster can have Skill Link too. It would be awesome if moves like Spike Cannon and Icicle Spear would have a higher power... then Skill Link would be pretty deadly xD

Not at all! Those Skill Link moves are already too powerful. Each has a base power of 125 because of Skill Link and it gets Rock Blast too! That means all of them are more powerful than moves like Blizzard and Fire Blast. Combined with it's high defense and Shell Break... Cloyster is in upper tiers with Mamoswine o.O

And nyeh... Cloyster probably does look more like a rock type, but Nintendo made it a pretty awesome Ice Pokemon instead ^.^

Cloyster has been reviewed before as part of Serebii's 5th gen poke of the week so that might be something you want to see Zappy :3

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • When you talk about skill link do you mean the ability that makes all the 2-5 attacks hit 5 times? I dont really know all the dream world abilities. But with 125 base power dosent that make cloyster really really good?

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • When you talk about skill link do you mean the ability that makes all the 2-5 attacks hit 5 times? I dont really know all the dream world abilities. But with 125 base power dosent that make cloyster really really good?

Skill Link isn't a dream world ability :O It's one of two abilities that Cloyster can naturally have. And yes it is the one that makes all moves hit five times. In Gen 5 Rock Blast and Icicle Spear were brought to 25 base power while Spike Cannon was brought to 20 base power. So the former do 125 and the latter does 100.

Cloyster sports a decent attack and massive defense. But, it's Special Defense is seriously lacking. That's the only reason why it isn't recommended in higher tiers, but if you get lucky and run into a bunch of Physical Sweepers... you can pretty much expect win o.O Mamoswine is a much safer bet overall.

Cloyster has been useful in the past too. It only sucked one time in 3rd gen.

Last edited:

Skip Class

Years
  • Haha I'm feeling very tempted to catch myself a cloyster with Skill Link at the moment now xD Adding to that, letting it hold Razor Claw or Scope lens to increase the chance of getting a critical hit makes him a deadly and killer pokemon xD

Vectron

New Account=Faolan
    Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2011
    Epic! an Ice type club!
    Username:Vectron
    Reason: I love Ice types.
    Partner: Shiny Articuno.
    Favorite Ice type: Articuno.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Yeah I have been wondering if he will ever return, If he dosent want to run this club I think either snow Phoenix or zappyspiker should take over

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Hrm. Does zappy want to run it incase otherworld doesn't come back? I'm fine with running it myself, but it's polite to ask zappy if she wants to run it first :3 Either way is fine with me @-@

I'm gonna start a new topic regardless then:

Who's your favorite Ice type trainer?

Should be obvious who I like best o.o But... it's Pryce, Lorelei, Candice, Brycen, and then Glacia in that order. I could go into a long rant about why I love Pryce so much, but it's fair to let everyone speak first before I go all fanboy :3

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    I've always been a fan of Lorelei since I read the manga. Kind of funny because of what she did to Red, but she become really awesome in FR/LG arc and I've adored her since. Pryce would have to be second, also because of the PokeSupe Manga. xD As for the others I haven't really got much an opinion on any of them.

Skip Class

Years
  • Hrm. Does zappy want to run it incase otherworld doesn't come back? I'm fine with running it myself, but it's polite to ask zappy if she wants to run it first :3 Either way is fine with me @-@

Nah you can run it, I'm fine already running Thunder Arena (Fave type <3) and I was thinking of starting another club after my exams were over.. I've run 3 clubs before and it wasn't easy xD

Pryce over the rest! Pretty much the same reason... cause of PokeSpec! Apart from being a total Johto freak, I sorta hated him for kidnapping Silver and Green, though loved his story about wanting to gain Celebi's power so that he could travel through time and be reunited with two lapras'
    I was so sad when Pryce he in the time vortex

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Who's your favourite ice type trainer?
    I'm gonna have to say candice, she was so badass you had to beat her before going off the save the world. By bottom would be Pryce, sorry snow phoneix but I always disliked him for some reason

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Who's your favourite ice type trainer?
    I'm gonna have to say candice, she was so badass you had to beat her before going off the save the world. By bottom would be Pryce, sorry snow phoneix but I always disliked him for some reason

I'm gonna keel you. No problem :P Uber old man powerz aren't for everyone ;3

Nah you can run it, I'm fine already running Thunder Arena (Fave type <3) and I was thinking of starting another club after my exams were over.. I've run 3 clubs before and it wasn't easy xD

Pryce over the rest! Pretty much the same reason... cause of PokeSpec! Apart from being a total Johto freak, I sorta hated him for kidnapping Silver and Green, though loved his story about wanting to gain Celebi's power so that he could travel through time and be reunited with two lapras'
    I was so sad when Pryce he in the time vortex

Okay Dokie @-@ I've never run a club before, but I was supposed to make an Ice type fanclub a long time ago anyways ^.^ otherworld please save me.

And agreed <3 Johto arc is my favorite too! I loved how the song played at the beginning was the same as the one played at the end. It really tied everything together. Pryce was also totally awesome $.$ I loved his chapter vs Erika <3 And Pryce was a bad guy with a heart :3

I like Pryce because in both the anime and the manga, he does crazy things out of love x3 In the anime he froze his heart because his beloved Piloswine abandoned him and he was lonely and in the manga Pryce resort to madness for the sake of his Laprases that he lost <3 There are also a few good quotes about his strategy :3 His middle name is Willow and like the tree itself, he's strong, but knows when to bend and become flexible. Kawaii <3

Plus Swinub is my favorite Ice type ^.^ And Pryce looks so awesome with Mamoswine. *looks in sig.* Definitely!

Lorelei is funny too of course and I agree with Peaches, but Pryce is still number 1 because he's always adoreable and cheesy <3 > is a Pryce fanboy forever ^.^

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • I thought of an Ice/Normal Pokemon, but that Pokemon would be terrible for competitive battling. It would have a 4x Weakness to Fightning, and there are a lot of Fighting Pokemon as well as Fighting moves in the Competitive Aspect of Pokemon. maybe for another aspect it would work, but no one cares about those who can't compete decently enough (unless it manages to get a meme, derpderp).

Anyways, I failed to sign-up last post sooo:
    username: BinaryPeaches
    reason to join: because i can Ice Types are amazing, and seeing as I forgot to sign-up last post should... yeah. 8D;
    Pokemon: Dewgong. n_n

No worries there, I've done it before. You're in either way. :3

Username : Ciax
    Reason For Joining : Do i raaly need to answer this, of course i love ice types and Delibird is part ice type
    Partner : Female Delibird - Adele

Create a new ice type : Ice/Bug would be awesome
    I'm thinking a moth or spider would the most suitable :]

I adore spiders, so I agree with you there. Delibird, female Adele is up soon in a few minutes. Welcome to the club and hope you enjoy.

Sorry guys...busy entering college and studying plenty to enter. Forgive me.

-The Nightmare-
    -I like ice type alot!-
    -Articuno-
    -Which Ice Type is your favorite: Articuno and kyruem-

In...plenty of stuff happned while I was gone obviously. 0o

Epic! an Ice type club!
    Username:Vectron
    Reason: I love Ice types.
    Partner: Shiny Articuno.
    Favorite Ice type: Articuno.

In. Well...I haven't on the computer much, but sadly I have important reasons having to do with love-life, college sign ups (9th grader, got dual enrollment), and other stuff that probably nobody would really care about.

One hint I noticed everybody mistakes on.... I am a "female"...I guess my name is quite male or maybe my sig...

Last edited:

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • xD I do the same with Zappy and call her male :3 And it's no probs. If you do need help running the club, I'm free to help. Ice types are my cup of tea ^.^ And I'm sure you'll do fine! I'm also dual enrolled and I did well :3 I'll be graduating this year and entering college the following year as a senior. Dual enrollment IS that awesome <3

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • xD I do the same with Zappy and call her male :3 And it's no probs. If you do need help running the club, I'm free to help. Ice types are my cup of tea ^.^ And I'm sure you'll do fine! I'm also dual enrolled and I did well :3 I'll be graduating this year and entering college the following year as a senior. Dual enrollment IS that awesome <3

I know what you mean, sadly the college is very harsh on me for some reason. School is gonna start in a matter of days, no, LESS than 4 days, and I haven't taken the test so I can enter into the Dual Enrollment. When I arrive there, they tell me the computers are used up and to call. When I called, another lady told me "First come, first serve", and explained how I needed to be sitting in the waiting area all day saturday and sunday if I hope to enter....

By the way, I do need help, especially since I'm entering 9th grade and such. Got more than 3 clubs, and it is indeed hard to take care of all of them. -.- Yeah, do you mind being Co-Worker then? Plenty of help that would give me.

Snow Phoenix

The transient snowman
    Years
  • Ouch. I know how rough that is! I enrolled a week before school started, but that was because we had just moved into town @-@ I really hope you can take that test! Dual enrolled is MUCH better than AP ^-^'

Alrighty! So SP is officially co-owner? @-@ Zappy... can you give me pointers? I really want to do my best as co-owner, but I don't really have experience ^-^'

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back