• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter, spring, summer and fa-aall

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    All you got to do is ca-aallll no wait

If you would assign one pokémon each to summer, spring, autumn and winter, what pokémon would you say fits best for each season?

And don't be boring and say Sawsbuck's forms now ;D​

Sirfetch’d

For winter I am going to say Abomasnow. I like how it can summon instant hail and just all around is very winter-like.

For spring I am picking Butterfree. I love the springtime because that is when all of the butterflies appear in real life, so I assume in the Pokemon world it is the same. It would be cool at the beginning of spring to see all of the Butterfree swarming about!

For summer I am going to pick Sunflora! This one is pretty obvious because what describes summer better than a sunflower? I can't think of many things!

For fall I will say Ursaring. This was the hardest one to choose, but bears prepare for hibernation in the fall right? So Ursaring stands out to me because of that!

Years
  • Winter - Jynx always comes to mind first, because of that episode where a Jynx went around as Santa.

Spring - I can't pick between Shaymin and Bellossom, so a tie between those two.

Summer - This is a hard one... I'll have to agree with the poster who said Sunflora.

Fall - Gengar, because Halloween always comes to mind when I see him.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Spring - Blaziken. Spring chickens and all that.

Summer - Machamp. He's spent so much time in the gym he missed the 5-minute British summer and never got to show off those wasboard abs xD

Autumn - Delibird. He brings presents, and all anyone can think of in Autumn is how close it is to Christmas. Or being able to drive / drink.

Winter - I'll get back to you on that one.

BraveNewWorld

The Breaker
    Years
  • Awesome topic. Hmmm one pokemon to embody each season.

Fall - *Waits for turkey pokemon.*

Winter - jellicentfan is on to something with abomasnow. It's a mix between the mythical yeti and a snow covered Evergreen Tree. The snow covered tree part specifically embodies winter while the yeti part shows some folklore behind what the season's know for - snow. You could make a case for Delibird, but that embodies Christmas not the entire winter season.

Spring - Beautifly. I think it's more of a butterfly than Butterfree is, and it's prettier. A butterfly fluttering around after emerging from its cocoon captures the rejuvenation of the land after winter.

Summer - Cherrim, it flourishes in the sun, blossoming whenever the sun's rays touch it. During the short summer nights it recedes under its petals. The sun is what makes summer, and Cherrim, special. Allowing people to come out an enjoy themselves.

Years
  • @Amore : What is Blaziken for you here.. A spring chicken to eat...{XD}

For me :

Winter : I always love to do skating in the ice and for this purpose Spheal family comes which will give me a good company.

Summer : Feeling hot and thirsty.. Here comes my friend Blastoise to the rescue. Filling me up with water with his Hydro Pump...

Autumn : Wow so many dry leaves here and there. My least favorite season so I will call my Salamence to do a Wind storm to clean everything up in instant

Spring : Who does not loves Spring.. Come here my sweet Meleotta. Fill me up for a sweet melody when I am relaxing in pool with a Lemonade in my hand

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Summer - I kind of agree about Blastoise! It brings to mind beach, summer, swimming and surfing.

Fall - Shiftry. I think of storms, winds and falling leaves and Shiftry is all about that + darkness which also fits with the days getting shorter in the fall.

Winter - I think of Stantler first but still, Delibird fits better. It's so Christmas-y ^^ With giving presents. And also being ice type fits with snow in the winter.

Spring - I agree with those who said Beautifly. I think it beautifully captures and embodies the thing with more light, new life in springtime.

Years
  • Summer - I would have to say.. The Squirtle evolution line. They're turtles and they are water type, which people want in the summer and turtles do come in my mind as summer creatures, knowing where they live and stuff. In the ocean and on beaches and stuff!

Fall - I don't know exactly, but Zigzagoon comes to mind. Being a raccoon and all. I don't really have an explanation behind this. He/she just feels like an autumn Pokemon to me.

Winter - Abomasnow is the one. He can cause a huge snow storm and cause hail storms as well. He/she comes to mind because it's such a big Pokemon and it kinda resembles a Yeti in my mind. They're both big creatures and are dangerous.

Spring - Bellossom. The flowers start to bloom in this season and I thought of Bellossom. He/she is a flower (sort of) and it even sounds like Blossom. My second choice would be Cherrim though, because it actually changes into something else when exposed to sunlight.

Very weird list. That's just my opinion though. :3

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022

Winter: Abomasnow has Snow Warning as its ability, so it starts up a blizzard wherever it goes. If that's not winter, I don't know what is ^_^

Spring: I love ladybugs in real life, and when we were little kids, my best friend and I used to make up cute stories about the ladybugs we found flying around the playground. So Ledyba reminds me a lot of my springs as a kid.

Summer: Ludicolo just looks like he's having fun all the time! Dancing and singing, he's just so carefree, it's like he's always on a summer vacation!

Autumn: It's the time when birds leave their nests to find someplace with a warmer climate, so all that's left are (Mur)krow, scouring around in piles of leaves. I've always associated them with sadness, rain and emptiness, so there you have it.

Years
  • Winter - Articuno, being all cold and whanot. Abomasnow and Delibird are good choices.

Fall - Suicune is the embodiment of the wind, so this makes sense as Fall gets pretty windy sometimes. Ursaring would work too, bears do hibernate in the fall. Tornadus!

Summer - Ho-Oh or Moltres, given the heat and sunlight you get in the summertime. Any embodiment of Fire would work.

Spring - Spring is a time of new life, of creation, so why not Arceus? :D Landorus would also work well.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
    Years
  • There are so many ideas I can think of, some of which are already been talked about, but here are some Pokemon that I'd like to mention for the seasons.

Spring: Torterra. That tree it carries on its back reminds me of Arbor Day.
    Summer: Lapras/Vanillish. Some people like surfing in the sea during their summer holiday, so I thought that riding a Lapras would be a cool idea. I also think about eating ice cream during the summer, so Vanillish is an example of that.
    Fall: Tornadus. With the leaves falling off, it always makes me think that Tornadus did it and no other Pokemon.
    Winter: Darumaka. Bit of a strange choice but it said in the White Pokedex entry that people put Darumaka's hot droppings in their clothes to keep themselves warm. Quite hilarious but still it would be very useful to have that in substitute of a heating pad during the winter.

Years
  • No Sawsbuck, eh? You didn't say no Deerling xD

Spring - I think that Roselia is a good representation of Spring, and the beginning of the season where flowers come into bloom.

Summer - Sticking with the flower theme, nothing says Summer like fields of sunflowers, which is why Sunflora would represent Summer perfectly.

Autumn - With the leaves starting to fall and trees going bare, the very first Pokemon that comes to mind is Sudowoodo to represent Autumn.

Winter - In order to move away from the plant theme, I think that Beartic represents Winter perfectly. It is a polar bear after all!

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
  • *Winter would be Snorunt. Most people spend their winter times not running around in the snow, but trying to stay warm. Snorunt is a little fairy wearing a snowsuit that brings prosperity to the homes it visits (think: winter festivities.)

*Summer would be Rotom-C, the lawnmower form. Or wait, maybe the fan form...

*Spring would be Cherrim. Cherry blossoms are symbolic in Japan for springtime, I believe.

*Fall would be Ho-Oh. Think shiny leaves, and Ecruteak city.

Back