• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Winter Writing Competition!

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
I haven't even started reading anything yet. I will starting Friday, and I'll probably be done either that day or the following. That's only if I do quick read-throughs and don't share my full thoughts about the stories. If everyone's fine with waiting a little longer, I have three days off next week from work (25th, 26th, 27th) and will be done with what's keeping me busy this week. That means that I can really focus on getting the best reviews for each entry.

Don't know about the others. That's where I stand.

bobandbill

one more time
Years
I've read through most of them and made a few quotes of each of those too. Reviews aren't yet started, but I know what I want to say so that's something.

Phantom1

[css-div="font-size: 12px; font-variant: small-cap
Years
Though I do think that before the 25th would be a good thing, since it is a 'winter writing' competition, and Christmas is a prompt, might be cool to have them readable on the forums by then.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I don't want to rush the judges at all, so I would rather have the results until after Christmas so that way with all the Holiday rush and all that right now, it's better to feel less pressure afterwards.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
I'm starting to come off my pain meds, so I'll be sure to start reading entries sometime soon. Sorry for not starting sooner, but I doubt you wanted feedback like this:
Drugged up Slayr231 said:
It wsa beutifull!1! Teh endin maed me crt!one1 Thsi wins alskdjfnvlbjeal!
And yes, this was actually taken from my comments from when I tried to review one of the stories.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
Giving an update just in case anyone was wondering how things were going.

I finished my reviews and scoring, sending them off to Slayr. Both bobandbill and Slayr have to finish their reviews.

Phantom1

Years
Giving an update just in case anyone was wondering how things were going.

I finished my reviews and scoring, sending them off to Slayr. Both bobandbill and Slayr have to finish their reviews.

Oooo, I'm excited.

Good to hear, I was wondering for a while there. But I heard you guys were all super busy, real life and all that.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Yeah, the last thing my relatives are going to do is let me have some time to myself, but the last of my relatives left today so I'm almost done. Don't worry!

I would just like to thank you guys for being so patient. You guys are awesome for that.

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
The Results!

Before we get to who places where, I would just like to take the time to thank you guys for your participation and patience. The judging took a lot longer than I expected, and you guys were really patient with us. For that, I thank you.

The other thing I would like to say is that the quality of these fics were outstanding. Every entry more then exceeded my expectations on how these were going to turn out and it's only because you guys put so much effort into these stories that this turned into a real competition. Now that the results are out, why not head on over to the main section, post your story, and read some of the other entries once they're posted? From the entire judging panel of Astinus, Bobandbill, and me, we would like to thank you guys for your time and participation. Now let's get to the results!

In 6th place!:

Axeliira: Dear Luna
Slayr231 - 21/30
Astinus - 23/30
Bobandbill - 20/30

Total: 64/90

More in-depth feedback:
Spoiler:

In 5th place!:

Mister Oshawott: Christmas for Mr. Cellophane
Slayr231 - 25/30
Astinus - 23/30
Bobandbill - 23/30

Total: 71/90

More in-depth feedback:
Spoiler:

In 4th place!:

Kiddinq: How the Pokemon Stole Christmas
Slayr231 - 27/30
Astinus - 28/30
Bobandbill - 21/30

Total: 76/90

More in-depth feedback:
Spoiler:

In 3rd place!:

Vociferocity: DIY Christmas (Presents not Included)
Slayr231 - 27/30
Astinus - 27/30
Bobandbill - 27/30

Total: 81/90

More in-depth feedback:
Spoiler:

In 1st place, we have a tie!:

PhantomX0990: Invisible
Slayr231 - 29/30
Astinus - 30/30
Bobandbill - 24/30

Total: 83/90

More in-depth feedback:
Spoiler:

Maruno: The Spirit of Christmas
Slayr231 - 27/30
Astinus - 30/30
Bobandbill - 26/30

Total - 83/90

More in-depth feedback:
Spoiler:

Phantom1

Years
Cool! Thanks guys! And good job other entries! I really excited to read your stuff, I'm going to get posting it now!

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
omg, third :D!!! congrats to the winners, I can't wait to read your stories! & I hope everyone else posts their stories as well, I really want to read what we all came up with :)

bobandbill

one more time
Years
Hum, a tie. (I only knew the final results from reading this!). To be fair, it was pretty close, and in fact, in terms of overall quality from all entries I wager this is the strongest set I've seen (both for cases when I was a judge, and an entrant). That's pretty darn good.

So congrats to you all (and particularly the winners =p), and I hope our reviews were of use. Do post your entries so everyone else can check them out!

Vociferocity

[ bad girls do it well ]
Years
oh yeah, I forgot to say: thank you so much to the judges for such in-depth and useful feedback! it's super useful, and also super cool, to know what you guys thought of our fics (speaking for everyone, deal with it :3)

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
oh yeah, I forgot to say: thank you so much to the judges for such in-depth and useful feedback! it's super useful, and also super cool, to know what you guys thought of our fics (speaking for everyone, deal with it :3)
No problem, hopefully it makes more sense why the judging took so long. If we took this long to just give out numbers, then there would be a problem. :P

I think it was funny how Vociferocity's fic received the exact same score in all categories from all the judges. It was completely incidental, and a bit funny at that.

Phantom1

Years
I just can't believe we all beat out "The Lonely Waffle", I mean. Just, wow.

Back