• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen With the release of HG/SS do you think..

TheGearofWar

RAAM Assassin
    Years
    • Seen Jun 14, 2010
    I already quit playing DPPt lol, it got really boring after awhile and I was just excited for HGSS. I did play it recently to breed a Misdreavus for my team though.

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2012
    well i want to transfer my best pokemons from platinum to heartgold.
    Im just very excited for HGSS evrything loooks cool and awesome
    overall i might just give my platinum to my little bro

ReiXMinako

緑な美奈子
    Years
    • Seen Dec 6, 2016
    All I have left to do in Platinum is get the gold print from the Battle Factory...but knowing that I'll have to do it all over again in Soul Silver makes me just wanna quit :)

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2011
    I was playing Platinum this morning. I went and got HG and SS about a hour ago. I don't plan on switching the cartridges anytime soon(;

Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2010
    No, I need Platinum for storage. It does have all my good pokes and legendaries from every generation....
    In fact, Platinum has just about every Pokemon (I pal parked all my notable Sapphire/FireRed pokes to Platinum)
    ...So I'll just use HeartGold for the gameplay itself.
    I should have gotten HeartGold today, but I don't get money until at least 2 weeks.....I hate my slow paying job....)
    I may switch to HeartGold if it has a faster battling system though. But it will be a pain to have to move every
    Pokemon I use to another game AGAIN.

Oh, and I myself liked Platinum's story..... :P

Nikorasu

Shut down the devil sound
    Years
    I'm gonna use it for the reamining events i have left to catch (still trying for shiny darkrai and catching shaymin and arceus)

But i'll get those when i can be bothered >.<

reyzn

Years
    No, I'm not finished with Platinum yet. Still need to figure out a solid team -_-. I plan on buying HG in the summer when I have more free time, and will probably alternate between the two.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2019
    Well I kind of already quit playing DPPt but I have also quit playing SS since I already had SS from japan. So I'm over the whole "OMG I get to play through Johto again". SS got boring the same way DPPt got boring. I'll get back to them eventually but I have no interest in playing any of them at the moment. Unfortunately it isn't a good thing for me considering I have HG on preorder (Australian copy since Australia hasn't released it yet) and yet I am not excited about getting it.

The original green version is occupying my time. My japanese Nintendo 64 just arrived and I'm more excited about using my green version on the japanese stadium that's due any time this week in the mail I also ordered.

Plus there's other games I have on order for that N64 that I'm excited about more so than playing 4th gen at the moment.=P

So yeah at the moment I wouldn't even play SS and HG let alone DPPt practically. I'm having more fun with my green version at the moment.=)

Last edited:

SIN1488

Dedicated FluoroCarbons :P
    Years
    Yes, but not all of them, and not completely. It has already showed with the forums, because the traffic for this forum has slowed down quite a bit. But meanwhile, the SS/HG forum has a TON of traffic right now. And it's only been released for a day.

Not to mention that some people might not want to get the new games, but they play the 4th gen games.

Years
    Yes. Platinum will likely still be played on a secondary basis. I mostly Platinum for Versus Seeker and breeding now.

Back