• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen With the release of HG/SS do you think..

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
  • No, because I intend to keep Platinum as my main game where my battling Pokemon, battle records, Friend Code contacts, etc. are kept. For me, HG/SS will be the game I play through a couple of times.

Years
  • Only time I play Diamond now is when I need to trade something to my Platinum, I have a better team on Plat. the Pokénav is easier to negotiate, it's easier to train with the elite four second phase, there's the battle frontier, it just feels crisper in my opinion and going back to Diamond almost seems like a downgrade. Still, gonna be a while before I have my pokédex as full as it was on there. Wish there was an easier way to transfer. :/

PiPVoda

water, Forever
    Years
    • He / Him
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 2, 2022
    No! I still have a lot of stuff to do in Pearl & Platinum. I had just got back into playing Platinum before I got SS so I still have a lot of legendaries and pokemon to train, plus the battle frontier.

In pearl I have a lot of pkmn to train/breed and I'll probably go back to the pokemon league a few times and the battle frontier. Pearl is where all of my important pkmn are stored so I'll never stop playing it. I tihnk I'll be back into it in a few weeks or maybe by summer.

iRawr

Poli?
    Years
    • Uk
    • Seen Apr 5, 2010
    Probally not... Platinum will just be all my events for trading and SS being my Game I play on and my shinies and Ev'd Pokemon ;}

Tinhead Bruce

the Neighbour
    Years
  • I mean... obviously not forever. People will be caught up with HG/SS, but they weren't released as replacements for D/P/Pt, merely remakes of the old games. There are quite a few things you can do in D/P/Pt that you can't do in HG/SS (e.g. access to Sinnoh, different functions, etc.). So no, I don't believe people will stop playing D/P/Pt, at least not permanently.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
  • Now that I have SS and have played it for a while, I can honestly say I like Platinum better. That's not to say that I don't like playing my SS or won't continue to play it, but my main game is still going to be Platinum until the next generation of games comes out.

pauldan00b

Veteran Breeder/Elite Trainer
    Years
  • I actually like having both platinum and heartgold, so when i need to trade my onix or something to evolve it, i can use my platinum if i have no other option. Sinnoh was getting stale to me. And as the release of HG drew nearer, I grew more impatient to the point i couldnt touch that OR the crystal version i got to warm myself back into the johto mindset.

Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2010
    I have Platinum.
    I really enjoyed the game.
    I'll keep playing.
    Probably just to try and fill the national dex.

Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2010
    Yep, simply because I havent even gotten all the damn badges yet, because im slow and get pre-occupied easily and forget what it is im doing in the game so re start it.
    I accept, just can't find anything to do and as for Diamond haven't played it in ages.

Destiny Bond

Daddow entelechies
    Years
  • No way! Just cause theres a better version, doesn't mean im going to start all my hard work all over agian on a slightly better version of pokemon.

Back