• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Woah, it's a thing.

DeeOtter

Woah, what goes here...
    Years
    Hullo.
    Super new to the forums (just joined like, 20 minutes ago?).
    I've been into the Pokemon scene since it was first released (I've had many pokemon cards confiscated by teachers in grade school :3).
    I don't play as much as I used to (this thing called school likes to get in the way of my other activities), but I'm still a fan.
    I'm one of those weird people that does not do competitive battling. I just pick a few of my favorites and go. If I had a lot of extra time I may get into competitive, but for now it's just my favorites (and probably still will be).

ANYWAY! Looking forward to enjoying the forums!

Years
    • Seen Dec 15, 2015
    welcome to the forums, I'm kinda new to the forums (I think I joined a few months ago because of hackroms), but I started being active some weeks ago, after I started playing pokemon X.
    As far as I know there are a lot of different people here in the different subforums, not only competitive players so you'll be fine. Talking about competitive, I'm not that into it either, altough I got a perfect ditto on wonder trade so I'll breed some pokes when I have time.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    hahaha. your post took me back to grade school when I once collected a lot of Pokemon cards and I had them confiscated. I even remember bringing in my Game Boy with Pokemon Red and I'd trade Pokemon with the other kids. Those were the daaaaaaays. <3

Welcome, btw! I do prefer using favorites instead of competitively when it comes to playing the games. However, I do like to balance my team so that way I'll have a flyer, a cutter and a surfer. Anyways, you will enjoy the forums so much, because PC has everything you wanted in a forums. You have the Pokemon boards, as well as misc. interest boards where you can check out non-pokemon sections like anime, chit chat, and more. :D

Have fun around PC! I'll see you around, and feel free to ask questions if you have any~

pkmin3033

Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay here with us!

AGH, I remember the days when Pokemon cards were banned at school - did your teacher keep them all together in the same drawer? Mine did - it took us hours to sort them all out after school when we could have them back. I can't blame you for not getting into the competetive side of things either - most of the competetively viable Pokemon are ones I really don't care for. Best to just have fun your way, right? Still, if you ever do get the time and the inclination to try it, we have a section on the forums dedicated to team building and battling - might be worth looking into!

If you ever want to chat, feel free to VM me anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

DeeOtter

Woah, what goes here...
    Years
    welcome to the forums, I'm kinda new to the forums (I think I joined a few months ago because of hackroms), but I started being active some weeks ago, after I started playing pokemon X.
    As far as I know there are a lot of different people here in the different subforums, not only competitive players so you'll be fine. Talking about competitive, I'm not that into it either, altough I got a perfect ditto on wonder trade so I'll breed some pokes when I have time.
    I've been wanting to try out a hackrom for a while. I just haven't had the time to install an emulator. I had one a while ago on an old laptop, but I think that may have burst into flames at some point.

I probably have received breeding stock via wonder trade (some have markings on them so I'm assuming those are their perfect IVs) But yep, time is a pretty big factor in all of this!

hahaha. your post took me back to grade school when I once collected a lot of Pokemon cards and I had them confiscated. I even remember bringing in my Game Boy with Pokemon Red and I'd trade Pokemon with the other kids. Those were the daaaaaaays. <3

Welcome, btw! I do prefer using favorites instead of competitively when it comes to playing the games. However, I do like to balance my team so that way I'll have a flyer, a cutter and a surfer. Anyways, you will enjoy the forums so much, because PC has everything you wanted in a forums. You have the Pokemon boards, as well as misc. interest boards where you can check out non-pokemon sections like anime, chit chat, and more. :D

Have fun around PC! I'll see you around, and feel free to ask questions if you have any~
    I think I left my electronics at home because I definitely did not want those taken away!
    I kinda want to get back into the card playing scene but I don't think there is much of a nerd demographic in the town that I'm in. And the few that are tend to play more magic than anything else (which I haven't learned how to play, maybe never will).
    I may have some pokemon that may have a good VI spread, just because of stuff that I got off of WT, but nothing that I've deliberate gone out to get. Maybe when school finally lets out I may attempt to get an awesome Samurott to start things out with.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Hey Dee! Slightly late but welcome to PC. ^~^

Hahah I've been a huge fan since I was a wee kid too. Never really got anything confiscated because then the teachers would've had to take away everyone else's cards/games/etc since it was so popular at the time.

And you'll definitely enjoy the hacks here - we have many for people to try and even more tools available for those looking to create their own. Lots of choices overall for those who stick around so hopefully you'll be around often, yes? I'm sure you'll have plenty to discuss given how huge of a Pokemon fan you are. Hooray for being awesome!

Have a blast and if you need anything do ask the staff anytime.

DeeOtter

Woah, what goes here...
    Years
    Welcome to PC! It's a pleasure to have you here, and I hope you enjoy your stay here with us!

AGH, I remember the days when Pokemon cards were banned at school - did your teacher keep them all together in the same drawer? Mine did - it took us hours to sort them all out after school when we could have them back. I can't blame you for not getting into the competetive side of things either - most of the competetively viable Pokemon are ones I really don't care for. Best to just have fun your way, right? Still, if you ever do get the time and the inclination to try it, we have a section on the forums dedicated to team building and battling - might be worth looking into!

If you ever want to chat, feel free to VM me anytime. I look forward to seeing you around on the forums~

I can't remember if my teachers kept them in the same drawer. All I know is that we were lucky enough to get them back. I remember hearing horror stories from other schools that their cards were either thrown away/torn up/set on fire (though I don't know about that last one).

I'll check out that forum! Thanks!

DeeOtter

Woah, what goes here...
    Years
    Hey Dee! Slightly late but welcome to PC. ^~^

Hahah I've been a huge fan since I was a wee kid too. Never really got anything confiscated because then the teachers would've had to take away everyone else's cards/games/etc since it was so popular at the time.

And you'll definitely enjoy the hacks here - we have many for people to try and even more tools available for those looking to create their own. Lots of choices overall for those who stick around so hopefully you'll be around often, yes? I'm sure you'll have plenty to discuss given how huge of a Pokemon fan you are. Hooray for being awesome!

Have a blast and if you need anything do ask the staff anytime.
    Thanks!
    I'll hop on whenever I have the time to. School takes up most of my day (when does it not!), but thankfully the semester is coming to an end.

I can't remember when the teachers finally stopped doing anything about it. Either that or the kids got really sneaky.
    Awesome. I have no idea if I have the skill-set to make my own rom, but I may look into it sometime.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Super duper new! But yaaay, it's great to have you aboard friend; welcome, welcome to PC! And yeah hah, a lot of my classmates including myself had their cards taken away when they were banned from school, but, it was well worth it until then! <33

And aw, it's okay. I love using my favourites in battle too! And no worries, competitive battling is generally a piece of cake, and if you learn it, you'll get used to it in time! But till then, yup, enjoy your stay here on this lovely forum! :3

If you have any questions, feel free to ask, and I'll answer for you the best that I can! Feel free to post a message on my profile anytime you wanna chat or something too! And later, feraligatr! C:

Years
    OMG your avatar... I love you already, because you'll soon know why hahaha. By the way, welcome to the forums Dee! It never hurts to have a new face around.

I apparently noticed you got interested in the ROM Hacking boards here, which tend to draw in lots of activity due to all the great tools we offer for wannabe hack-makers, as well as also having cool hacks you can download to play yourself. There's other places to check out as well, so do look around and see what you like.

Have a splendid time with us Dee, and don't hesitate to ask if you need anything. Hopefully you can stick around and be an active member around the community!

- Hikamaru

Candy

[img]http://i.imgur.com/snz4bEm.png[/img]
    Years
    OMG your avatar... I love you already, because you'll soon know why hahaha.

It's totally not because of the Oshawott. *wink wink*

Anyway, welcome to the forums. I never recalled getting my Pokemon Cards confiscated, since I never brought them to school. And I'm careful enough to not get my DSL and my 3DS taken from me whenever I bring them. :v

Don't worry about not getting into competitive battling. I myself am not a competitive battler, so if you encounter me for an online battle, most likely I'll use my main party from my in game journey haha. I enjoy breeding and shiny hunting much more, and by the time ORAS comes along, Pokemon contests. Everyone has their own play style after all. :>

I hope you enjoy being here at PC, and I hope to see you soon. :>

Back