• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wonder Word Search

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
  • PokéCommunity Get-Together 8
    Wonder Word Search

Four days jam packed with themed and fun word searches.​

Hosted by vaporeon7 and goirish3

Get you pens (or should I say pen tools) ready for four fun filled days of word searches. You'll have to use your detective skills to find all the words you can.

What are word searches?
    ------------------------------------
    Word searches are a puzzle consisting of letters arranged in a grid, containing several hidden words written in any direction (← ↑ → ↓ ↖ ↘ ↙ ↗). There is a list of the hidden words. The objective of word searches is to find all the hidden words and cross them out.

An example word search:
    Screenshot2011-07-09at10033PM.png

Pine
    Spruce
    Oak
    Elm
    Rowan

How do I enter?
    Every day, new word searches will be posted, your task is to copy the image onto your computer and either find and cross out (circling or highlighting the words is also fine) all the hidden words on an image editing program such as MS Paint or Photoshop or print out the word search, complete it by hand and then scan the finished word search. Then PM both goirish3 and I the finished puzzle. Not in the thread! I will publicly post the result after I have finished marking the entries, so don't expect a PM back.

An example of a finished tree themed word search that is a suitable answer:
    GT8word.png

Rules
    - All PC rules apply.
    - Do not post results or hints in the thread, PM your answers to vaporeon7 and goirish3. Anyone who breaks this will have their posts deleted and will be banned from the event! You may however post how easy/hard you thought a puzzle was, etc.
    - Do not share your results with anyone, through VM/PM or any other means. Anyone who breaks this will have their posts deleted and will be banned from the event!
    - Once you have PMed your results for a puzzle you may not send another for the same puzzle changing your answers.
    - All entries will close at 11:59 PM on Monday July 18 and no entries will be accepted after.
    - The word searches start at 12:00 AM EST on Friday July 15 and ends 11:59 PM on Monday July 18. You may enter at any time between these dates.
    - Do not post that one of the puzzles was too hard or that there was a mistake. All puzzle have been tested for errors.

What's the prize?
    If you manage to complete all the word searches over all four days correctly you will receive an emblem.

emblem-3.png

Word Search Master
    You managed to find all the words in PokéCommunity Get-Together 8's Wonder Word Search, good job detective.

Word Searches
    Day One:
    Spoiler:

Day Two:
    Spoiler:

Day Three:
    Spoiler:

Day Four:
    Spoiler:

Results!
    People who completed all the word searches and will be getting the emblem:
    Toujours*
    Curious.
    Osha_say_wott?!*
    Scarf
    Brendino
    Smithtism
    Elite Overlord LeSabre
    Gymnotide
    2Cool4Mewtwo*
    Myrrhman
    Mario The World Champion
    King Gumball
    romdinner*
    King!
    Solarowl

People who don't get an emblem, but still had fun doing at least one:
    teababe27
    Impo
    Misheard Whisper
    Otherworld9)
    Bluerang1
    Destiny Demon
    Kaori
    Jake♫
    LightOfTruth
    Retribution
    ultiomos
    CosmosStrike
    Flippar11
    Forever
    twistedpuppy

If you think I made a mistake with the results please let me know and we can investigate, otherwise I'd like to thank you all for participating and putting up with all my fails. I hope this can be an event next year and I hope you had lots of fun.

Answers (courtesy of Toujours)
    Spoiler:

CSS Credit: Pokemon Trainer Touko

Last edited:

Misheard Whisper

[b][color=#FF0000]I[/color] [color=#FF7F00]also[/c
    Years
  • I'm in. Just did the Colours one - man, that was a hard one! Moving on to vegetables now, then will PM answers.

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
  • This sounds fun! I'll do this event and PM you guys once I finish.

Edit: Finished and PM'd both of you. :x

Last edited:

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    Ooh, something to kill boredom with! PM'd the answers for both word searches. :)

켄니씨

>Insert C.U.T Here<
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2011
    Finished the,will soon start the second and send it ^^
    Funny,count me in for the following days ^^

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • Guess I'll participate, as there isn't much else in this year's Get-Together I can really do at the moment... Hopefully I can get on to get tomorrow's puzzle - we're supposed to be on the road most of the day.

Jake♫

► My Happy Little Pill 
    Years
  • It never fails me, I always find the biggest words first and the small ones (like pea) are nearly impossible for me to find quickly =3 Oh well results sent in.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • I'll give it a go. :) I had to do loads of word searches at school so I should be good although I bet I'm rubbish. :P

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • I'll enter because this looks pretty cool and PM my finished word searches later.

Years
  • I'm actually pretty good at word searches, so I got the first two fairly quickly. Hopefully I'll be able to get tomorrow's though, as I won't be home for most of the day.

Finished Day 2's word searches.

Last edited:
    Back