• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Act I Part II [FINISHED]

Dragon

lover of milotics
Years
  • Last Night...

It gained consciousness as it could feel the atmosphere. It was inside a certain lab, where different scientists and others were experimenting on all kinds of pokemon. It could only describe the room as dark. And cold. It heard others, "Help me..." as well as "This hurts..." And many more conversations, "It's bigger than all of us..." and "To create the strongest pokemon....!

It heard machines beeping, and their hearts beating. It heard everything. It slowly opened it's eyes. It had enough. BOOM! The first machine falls, then another, then another, into a frenzy of chaos and disarray. It was too smart, too cunning, too powerful to contain.

It finally escaped. The scientists looked around the destruction it caused.

Finally.
    They wanted to create the strongest pokemon.
    And they have succeeded.
    The world is in danger.​

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • World Act I Part II [FINISHED]

World Act I Event I - The PokeFlag Competition!

Woohoo, welcome to our first worldly contest: the PokeFlag Competition! In this contest, basically you and the followers of your region can work together to make your own 80x80 emblem for your region. If you're not sure about an overall design about what an PC emblem looks like, take a look at this example:

Holder of the Triforce
    This member participated in a week of the Video Game Arcade Week! They now hold a piece of the Triforce!

So from this, you can have a pretty good idea about the guidelines that you should do if you want to make an entry for this. You can post your emblem entry here on this thread, or via PMs to me! Again, remember the guidelines:

Emblem Pic:
    Description:
    Why did you choose this as your region's emblem?

Now, what are the prizes? The top three winners of this contest will receive points for their region! First place will win their own exclusive emblem sized - PokeFlag Competition trophy for yourself, your region, and for the members within! Best part is, all emblems represented by your region will made into actual emblems and handed out!

The rules for this is as followed: first, don't try to copy any one else's entry. Cheater's never win! Also, no inappropriate images or designs, please! But that's a given anyway. Lastly, always be respectful towards a person's entry!

I hope you'll enjoy yourselves with this; if you have any questions, contact me, Dragon! Submissions for entries, will last until August 1st, 2015.

pkmin3033

I guess I'll be the first one to submit an entry...it's a welcome break from all the writing I've been doing recently. xD

Chances are a lot of this won't make much sense until I've finished writing everything, which probably won't be by the 1st of August, so please excuse the long-winded, semi-nonsensical explanation. I actually had this idea in my brain almost from the start, so it's nice to get it out there now and give some clarity to my thoughts~

Titan's Laurels

First and foremost, Elysia is inspired by Ancient Greek (and Roman to a marginally lesser degree) mythology primarily. In Grecian times, the laurel crown was worn by the famous and the powerful. So it's both fitting and significant to have the laurel on the emblem; it represents Elysia perfectly in its goal to recapture its former glory and be worthy of the laurel crown once again. It's an inspiring flag for the Pokemon of the region to work towards.

It's also a grim reminder. Remember that phrase, "Don't rest upon your laurels"? The crown is where it originated from...after all, look at how those cultures and civilizations - and some of the people who wore those crowns - turned out according to the ancient writings. It's a double-edged sword: aspire to become great, but don't grow overconfident, or complacement: remember what happened the last time. Which brings us to the reason for the choice of the Pokemon sitting in the crown. Regigigas is, according to Elysian myth, the only reason there is an Elysia Region left: after war broke out amongst the Gods due to mankind's hubris, it cracked the continent apart and towed it away, saving a pitiful fragment of the Pokemon species that remaind.

Regigigas is not the most powerful of Legendary Pokemon, nor is it the most memorable. But it was its pride in the land - which, according to Elysian myth, was just one large landmass before it was split into continents by Regigigas - which prompted it to save a small part of it from beings far more powerful than itself. Was this a wise decision? The Elysia Region is, essentially, resting upon the laurels of Regigigas, who saved what little was left of the continent by reducing it to about a fifth of its original size and carrying it away - reducing its splendour and might to a painful shadow of its former self. It's not as elegant or as pretty as it could be, but it's highly symbolic and functional. It's an honour, but it's also a bitter irony and almost a mockery. That Elysia is encircled by mountains as a result of Regigigas' actions - in the shape of a laurel gives it further symbolism.

...the sprite was my favourite one. The icon is too small, the sprite is too big, and I don't like the Link Battle ball thing. The PMD sprite looks nicer and more detailed than the overworld one. That's ascetic vanity on my part. xD

I reserve the right to change the colour and positioning etc up to the deadline...although the basic concept will remain the same.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 27
    • OH
    • Seen May 10, 2024
    After many a painstaking hour, I have finally completed the emblem for the Heiwa Region! :)

Floating with the Phione

While Phione is neither a mythical being or an old god in the Heiwa Region, it is a beloved sight for many locals. Phione are well known for being extremely friendly throughout the region, and they can be seen anywhere there is sea water. They spend their time floating along in the water, greeting people and playing games with each other. Truly, some consider Phione a mascot of sorts for the region. Its friendliness coupled with its laid back and fun life style are exactly the kind of things Heiwa wants to promote.

The Heiwa Region is not the place to bring your worries and your troubles. It is a place of relaxation and peace (I hope you get what I did there), a place of fun and enjoying the company of others. Just like Phione. So when someone comes to visit or live in the region, we encourage them to "Float with the Phione". To take a break, and enjoy everything there is to see. It's okay to slow down and go with the flow.

Etherion

Description: The Hidden Power
    Why did you choose this as your region's emblem?: The Theseus Region holds an extraordinary power called Pokemon Fusion, the first user of this power is said to be the "Hero", a young man who defeated the regime of King Dhaes along with his Eeveelutions. Eevee is the symbol of Pokemon Fusion, it is because of its unstable DNA, it can fuse with any Pokemon with ease. The emblem is a nod to the past of Theseus - the first use of Pokemon Fusion and the Hero and his Pokemon companions!

JukeboxTheGhoul

Rocking Round the Clock
    Years
  • I'm not that well versed in art. I messed up a bit on the crown. I have no one in my region atm
    Emblem Pic:

Description: Crowned Sword
    Why did you choose this as your region's emblem? Because it represents the region with the sword that represents the strife and combat. The crown is sitting on the sword, in addition to rule by combat as showing it is necessary to be in a posisition of power to gain rights to combat. Which also indicates that the hierachy of power is stagnant, with the only drastic changes in leadership is when a faction destroys another. The white between the colours suggest the division between peoples. The colours is the vision of nationalism from the people who are there.I hope I haven't misunderstood this.

Years
  • Title: "Haeven is real"

Description: A shiny sylveon on a fancy background with the symbols of each of my region's elite 4 surounding it.
    Reasons an explanations: My favorite pokemon is sylveon so I decided to create a region and flag that represented it and other misunderstood pokemon. A lot of people assume that all sylveon are female just because they are pink, but that's not the case. Also I'm naming the sylveon after my irl kitten "Socks" because I thought he was female until we went to get him neutered lol. Haeven is a region that protects all misunderstood pokemon(and people) and provides freedom to all people and pokemon. It is a place of second chances and new beginings. (I haven't officially made a thread yet but this looked like lots of fun so I dove right into this :) )

Last edited:

Jay

[font=Brawler][color=#91a8d4][i]Here comes the boi
    Years

Description:
    The Balance of Dúlra

Why this is the regions emblem:

In accordance with the Myth of Creation in the pokémon World and the Legend of Dúlra itself... The Dúlra Region was created as the result of a longing for peace and tranquility expressed by The Alpha Pokémon Arceus and the Renegade Pokémon Giratina, after Giratina was cast away due to a great battle with Arceus... both pokémon shed a single tear each. These tears, embodying destruction in the case of Giratina and creation in the case of Arceus, merged as they fell to The World of Pokécommunity and as one touched the ocean as a great light that expanded into the region of Dúlra as it is today.

This emblem represents the close significance Dúlra shares with it's God and it's patron both. While Arceus stands in the light and watches over all of the World around it... Giratina slumbers in the darkness of the distortion World, silently guarding the World of light from the shadows.

The Dúlra region has many old myths surrounding these two powerful beasts, an example would be an old tale that speaks of an ancient song that when played atop Mt. Dia will grant an audience with Arceus in the hall of origin.

The only known legend with any stock behind it in this day and age, is that in a certain place sheltered by time and hidden deep with the Dúlra region there is an ancient temple. A temple crafted from strange and mysterious stone... they say that in this place, Giratina can pass freely into our domain and we too can enter the distortion World on a whim.

The temple in question is currently lost to time, but in certain places people are said to feel a supreme sense of an unease... an otherworldly feeling of simply not belonging in their current locale. On rare occasion, in the areas around Mt. Dia, some have even claimed to hear a tremendous roar of unimaginable ferocity that shakes the very trees with it's might.

Regardless of the rumors surrounding them and the myths relating to them, the pokémon Arceus and Giratina are of major significance to the people of Dúlra. They represent the balance between all that the region follows dilligently and the citizens of Dúlra, if asked why they do not fear the dark, will always respond:

"We need not fear... the greatest strength in the dark has learned from his mistake and he will always protect those from his home."

Salzorrah

[font=Montserrat][b][color=#66CC66]g[/color][color
    Years

Blessed Grace

The emblem represents the ideals of the Saann Region, which is Innovation and Diversity.

According to early Saannites, Jirachi represents the ideal of Innovation who they say blessed the region full of it, and is the reason why Saann has some of the greatest feats. They also said Meloetta represent the ideal of Diversity, and how it graced the region with diversity and is the reason why Saann has a diversified Pokedex filled with type changes.

According to them, they also believed that the colors of white and green symbolize the colors of innovation and diversity, respectively.

Also put in the emblem is the official logo of Saann, and how it represents Saann as a whole.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    These have had so much thought put in to them! I really admire some of these artistic skills on display too, my emblems normally suck :P.

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years

Breaking the seal to chaos

The emblems represents an ancient story. The spot where Raoga lies in the current day used to be occupied with a mess of floating matter and energy, where the directions bent in ways we can hardly imagine. When Celebi passed by it added the dimension of time to the chaos, it managed to distract some order from it, which formed the basis of the land mass and the surrounding seas that form Raoga. Giratina stepped forward from the remaining chaos, now in concentrated form, in order to absorb it and release it in another dimension. The door to this dimension, centered in the region, was sealed with the powers of ice, lightning and fire. It is said opening the seal to feel the powers of chaos requires control over Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres, the three living embodiments of those ancient powers.
    The signpost is simply the symbol of Pokémon Choice Quest, what laid the basis of the ideas for Raoga. It shows life is full of choices and at each moment your decision determines which direction your life story will go.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

PokéLive - Buy a piece of the future
    >> Guaranteed for 45 minutes after purchase!

I've chosen to base Hendo's emblem on their corrupt business, PokéTech. I've already alluded to it in my hack and I've further explored their possible corruption in a news piece. PokéTech play a large part of Hendo's success as a freestanding region, so it makes sense that they would push to monopolise the region-representing emblem. On their emblem is the reasonably priced PokéLive device. It's totally not a con. Really.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
    Years
  • I originally wasn't going to make an emblem, but since my thread is up and my map is done, I came up with one quickly. extra points for drawing it from scratch rather than just editing other pics?

Divine Oblivion

The remnants still fall from the sky, but it still boils from below, threatening to erupt again.

The two houses of Einrík, House Stone and House Grave (also known as the House of Ash), are in constant conflict with one another. The most recent civil war was only a century ago, but as trouble stirs again and tensions continue to rise, another war looms on the horizon. Here, the ash falling from the sky is representative of both House Grave and the aftermath of the previous war. The stone on the horizon represents House Stone and the lands of Einrík, while the magma bubbling beneath shows the constant tension between the two houses that is ready to boil over until it erupts once more, before the ash of the previous eruption has had time to completely settle.

The dark and light in the emblem, as well as the name, derive from the two pokémon of legend that dwell in Einrík: Sorciel and Furvia, who embody chaos and order, respectively. Their secondary forms, being Sorciel's Divine Form and Furvia's Oblivion Form, further display the dichotomy between the two creatures, and how easily order can turn to chaos and order can be derived from chaos.​

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
  • Sorry it took so long! The old one got corrupted and i wasnt even going to make a new one but thanks to dragon i had some time but sorry its not great its alittle rushed. *shrugs*

Description:The Divergence of Sangyo
    I chose to make this emblem with the sole idea of showing the overall diversity of the regions pokedex and pokemon. I mainly used the regions starter pokemon eevee to show it and also to represent how many different paths someone can take in the region like how eevee doesnt just have to evolve into one pokemon it has many choices like the citizens of Sangyo do. The cityscape as the backround is meant to represnt the rebuilding and industrialization of the region as well and how well its been progressing and healing since the wars.

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
  • We're ready to display the winners of the contest!

It was pretty close race for the top three as there are some really wonderful submissions here! Alas, with a panel of a few judges, we're ready to showcase the winners:

Coming in third place....

The Balance of Dúlra!

A really nice emblem displaying the literal 'balance' expressed by Arceus and Giratina. A fantastic lore & description to boot!

Your region gains 2 points!

----------------------------

Coming as the runner up...

Nendios Glory!

The emblem looks really amazing, while it does have a short and sweet description, I see that it really captures the essence of your region well.

Your region gains 3 points!

And now, for the winner....

Floating with the Phione!

Now, it was pretty clever how while this emblem is clever and pleasing to look at, it's.. the basic foundation of this region, as described. It certainly does look very tranquil, and the judges were very impressed by the overall design. Kudos!

Your region gains 5 points!

Congrats to the top three! If your region didn't get placed, don't fret, as we're giving 1 point to each participant, as a little side award. And don't forget, we're going to make these emblems actual emblems for you and the members of your region! As per request, of course~

At any rate, for the winner, your emblem and a little extra award is coming for you and your region soon! If you guys are not sure what to do with your prizes yet, don't fret, because we have a points redemption system to be posted very soon, so keep an eye for that!

Any questions, you can contact me, or Mana. c:

Back