• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup 2006

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I think the U.S.A Match is gonna be interesting, I'm gonna watch it though

Persona

Banned
    Years
    Hey guys, I just watched the game. USA and Italy are tied. I'm going to enjoy Italy's next match. They'll be against the Czech Republic, and they're good too.

Except they got owned by Ghana today. A score of 2 - 0.

Karasuma

It's beemo time!
    Years
    Roy Mustang said:
    Hey guys, I just watched the game. USA and Italy are tied. I'm going to enjoy Italy's next match. They'll be against the Czech Republic, and they're good too.

Except they got owned by Ghana today. A score of 2 - 0.

Italy could've won this game, the Auto goal was their disadvantage and USA better be ready for Ghana next Thursday

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    That goal for USA was just bad luck for Italy, anyway I'm looking forward to the Brazil Vs. Australia game tomorrow, Brazil will pwn them xD

Persona

Banned
    Years
    ~*Conor*~ said:
    That goal for USA was just bad luck for Italy, anyway I'm looking forward to the Brazil Vs. Australia game tomorrow, Brazil will pwn them xD

Yeah, Brazil pwns. Everyone in our school is cheering for them. But I don't know about that. Austrailia is pretty good too. I like both, in my opinion. We'll see tomorrow then.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    I really think they're sub-par at best, and I want Brazil out of the cup. When they're in it, there's no real surprise left.

As for today's US game, I thought it was pretty good on the US side compared to how they played against Czech. Italy was playing nasty though, after seeing McBride today, I can't remember the last time I saw that much blood in a world cup game. I do see the US moving onto round two though, Ghana's all over the place for most of their matches, but when they aren't, they are a dangerous team. Same with the US, they do so-so when they play like today, but I think they're a great team when they're able to pull together. If they can do that against Ghana, I see them making it to round two. Ghana playing their best against the US playing their best would be a very tough match, but I'd give it to the US in the end. Which leads to my next point, the way the US played today wasn't the greatest, they stopped the ball too much and there were chances for great assists but no...you couldn't because it was 1 man on 2-3 defenders, and when they crowd you like that, you've got no one to pass to. The US could have easily taken this game if they could have more than one man on the ball, I think that was their biggest mistake.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    I'm not a big soccer fan, but I am looking forward to the Australia vs. Brasil game. I guess overall I'm rooting for USA, but I know deep down they won't go anywhere in this tournament. My sister is Brasilian though, so I guess I can root for them too. XD

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2007
    Argentina won 6-0. >0

The game between Italy and the USA was really nervousing. .__. Good thing it was a tie~

shaun0505

45... no...6
    Years
    • Seen Jun 2, 2010
    Everyone says Argentina can win it now, looking on their past results but who have they played? Serbia and Ivory Coast, hardly superb teams are they? Although there have been lots of shocks in this world cup so far.

Brazil will probably win, although I'd like to see Australia win, (as somewhere in my family line of of my great10 uncles was australian) and they were pretty good against Japan.

As for me? I'm English through and through. And guess what? Were through, woop!

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    Hmm...Brazil...They look slow, steady and do not know where they are.

On the other Hand, Spain are aggresive, powerful, skillful and are scoring goals for Fun. Spain will win, but I hope that The almighty England Will.

mewthree w/armor

The Stig - PC Site Admin
    Years
    The refs for the US-Italy match were terrible...just terrible. Poor Calls.

The Ghana match was a masterpiece for Ghana, they had good fundmentals all around from what I saw.

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2007
    Ah, yay! <3
    Brazil scored 2-0. Many thanks goes to Adriano and Fred.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2007
    S. Korea and France are going to play next. Both countries are very good, but France might beat S. Korea.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    ~*Conor*~ said:
    So.... BRAZIL won!!!!! 2-0 What an easy victory!!!!!
    Are you kidding? Brazil didn't even seem like they were in it for most of the match, Australia kept them on their toes for most of the first half. Despite the win, I think we can all say that this was a terrible game for Brazil. What really saved them was Australia's inability to, y'know, score, and Parreira's decision to send in Robinho, Gilberto Silva, and Fred. Though I still think Fred's goal was such a cheap shot, it was nothing more than a nudge. Loved what one of the commentators said about Ronaldo "That's the last time I ever stick up for that bloated waste of space.", I'm guessing he thought the mic was off. Seriously, Brazil needs to go home, they're playing half hearted games and they just aren't taking advantage of their own skill but having to rely on the faults of other teams. If they keep playing like this, they won't make it past round two.

Now onto South Korea v France. France really doesn't stand a chance against a team like South Korea, it'll end up being either 2-1 or 1-0, but I don't see France being able to hold off South Korea.

Last edited:

Jolty-kun

Years
    Blue said:
    Are you kidding? Brazil didn't even seem like they were in it for most of the match, Australia kept them on their toes for most of the first half. Despite the win, I think we can all say that this was a terrible game for Brazil. What really saved them was Australia's inability to, y'know, score, and Parreira's decision to send in Robinho, Gilberto Silva, and Fred. Though I still think Fred's goal was such a cheap shot, it was nothing more than a nudge. Loved what one of the commentators said about Ronaldo "That's the last time I ever stick up for that bloated waste of space.", I'm guessing he thought the mic was off.

Now onto South Korea v France. France really doesn't stand a chance against a team like South Korea, it'll end up being either 2-1 or 1-0, but I don't see France being able to hold off South Korea.
    Nah, I can see somehow France pulling it together and beating SK.
    Aslong as Henry is there.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Tongari said:
    Nah, I can see somehow France pulling it together and beating SK.
    Aslong as Henry is there.
    I doubt it, France hasn't scored a single goal this cup and it still doesn't seem like they've gotten better after 2002. Players like Lee Chun-Soo and Park-Ji Sung I think are much better than Henry anyday.

Jolty-kun

Years
    Blue said:
    I doubt it, France hasn't scored a single goal this cup and it still doesn't seem like they've gotten better after 2002. Players like Lee Chun-Soo and Park-Ji Sung I think are much better than Henry anyday.
    Maybe, but I don't think they could do any worse than they did in 2002, I was pretty disappointed back then, but I guess we go on, some of our Internationals get better, some get worse.
    I live in England, and I think people are getting there highs up too much, flags in almost every window, every door etc. and people are actually betting they're 2nd most likely able to win.
    First? Guess who. P:

Back