• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup 2006

Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2015
    I'd say Germany or Portugal would win now, Brazil and England went out on the same day, that was hard for me...

Maera12

:D
    Years
    I am cheering for Italy and Portugal~

Who knows? Maybe Italy will beat Germany. =)

Suki said:
    OMG I can't believe it. England is OUT! ;__________; I'm so sad!! Silly Cristino Ronaldo. After they won, Portugal were rubbing it in! ¬¬

Awww, Cristiano Ronaldo. <33 He's such a GIRL.

Anyways, the World Cup seems to be boring since It's so obvious that Germany is gonna win~ >_<;

Last edited by a moderator:
    Years
    Please don't double post. o_o;

Anyway, I was shocked Brazil was beaten... but meh, that tells you how much I know about soccer. :P

hamir

Embrace yourselves
    Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2008
    Maera said:
    I am cheering for Italy and Portugal~

Who knows? Maybe Italy will beat Germany. =)

Awww, Cristiano Ronaldo. <33 He's such a GIRL.

Anyways, the World Cup seems to be boring since It's so obvious that Germany is gonna win~ >_<;

Cristiano Ronaldo isn't a girl, he has skill and pace. he is a very talented player.

I think that France will win world cup, after the way I saw how they played brazil very well. If France keeps that good performance up they will win the world cup for sure.

Maera12

Years
    Okay, I was just joking. xD; But those faces that he always puts when he's playing. ._.

I really want Italy to win it, or Portugal. I'd rather have Germany win then France... not that I hate France or anything. =)

Zelos

*yawn*
    Years
    I can't believe Brazil lost...my whole family thought they were going to win the cup. XD

Anyway, I think it'll be cool if Germany wins. They're hosting it, so I just thought it might be. XD

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Well, there goes Germany, I wanted to see some penalty kicks! XD

It must feel pretty bad losing at the very end of a game, Italy did a good job though. Now Italy is off to the finals and Germany will play for third place, I think they'll win third BTW against whoever it might be. France and Portugal tomorrow, I don't really care who wins.

Maera12

Years
    *sigh* If Brazil was there, the games would be much more enjoyed. Now no one seems to enjoy the WC anymore... or maybe it's just me that thinks that. xD;

Other then that, I'm so happy that Italy won. <3 Between France and Portugal... I say Portugal. =)

Btw, I just saw a Brazillian bracelet-thingy thrown in the grass. ._.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Samurai X said:
    Well, there goes Germany, I wanted to see some penalty kicks! XD

It must feel pretty bad losing at the very end of a game, Italy did a good job though. Now Italy is off to the finals and Germany will play for third place, I think they'll win third BTW against whoever it might be. France and Portugal tomorrow, I don't really care who wins.
    Yeah, from the start of the game I thought it would end in PKs, then Germany just kinda...fell apart. That second goal was hard to watch, it looked like the Italian players just walked up to the goal. For some reason I thought it wasn't going to be counted or something.

For tomorrow's game, I want Portugal to win.

Maera12

Years
    I just <3 watching the Italy vs. Germany game over and over again... It's just so amazing that they won. I mean... Germany didn't even come in 3rd place.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Maera said:
    I just <3 watching the Italy vs. Germany game over and over again... It's just so amazing that they won. I mean... Germany didn't even come in 3rd place.
    That's not decided yet, it won't be until the 8th.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Blue said:
    Yeah, from the start of the game I thought it would end in PKs, then Germany just kinda...fell apart. That second goal was hard to watch, it looked like the Italian players just walked up to the goal. For some reason I thought it wasn't going to be counted or something.

For tomorrow's game, I want Portugal to win.
    They fell apart at the worst time possible too, they just had to hold on for 2-3 minutes and they would've went to PKs. At the very beginning of the WC I chose two teams that I thought would win, my choices were Brazil and Germany, my predictions were off as you can see. Now that my original choices are gone I really don't have a preffered team although I hope Germany wins third.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Samurai X said:
    They fell apart at the worst time possible too, they just had to hold on for 2-3 minutes and they would've went to PKs. At the very beginning of the WC I chose two teams that I thought would win, my choices were Brazil and Germany, my predictions were off as you can see. Now that my original choices are gone I really don't have a preffered team although I hope Germany wins third.
    Most of my choices were gone by the second round. I wanted Portugal to win today, but as usual, France got the win thanks to Thierry "diving is for women" Henry. So it'll be an Italy v France final, hope Portugal can at least get third place now. Kinda shocked me to hear all those boos going to Ronaldo.

This World Cup has sucked, nowhere near as good as 2002. Hell, the best match of this one came in round 2. Oh well, guess I'll go for Italy to win now.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Blue said:
    Most of my choices were gone by the second round. I wanted Portugal to win today, but as usual, France got the win thanks to Thierry "diving is for women" Henry. So it'll be an Italy v France final, hope Portugal can at least get third place now. Kinda shocked me to hear all those boos going to Ronaldo.

This World Cup has sucked, nowhere near as good as 2002. Hell, the best match of this one came in round 2. Oh well, guess I'll go for Italy to win now.
    Portugal played better, I thought so. I think Italy is going to win the cup now, a very good defense will get them the win. It's Italy's game to lose and France's to win. I was surprised too, he's a good player but the people wanted a goal.

It has sucked, the best match has been Mexico vs Argentina to me.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Samurai X said:
    Portugal played better, I thought so. I think Italy is going to win the cup now, a very good defense will get them the win. It's Italy's game to lose and France's to win. I was surprised too, he's a good player but the people wanted a goal.
    Makes me wonder if he's going to return to his club after this is all over.

It has sucked, the best match has been Mexico vs Argentina to me.
    Ditto.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Blue said:
    Makes me wonder if he's going to return to his club after this is all over.
    I heard that his club might release him because of that incident with Rooney in the quarter final, who is his Manchester team-mate, instead of Rooney. He said Real Madrid is interested, that's going to be interesting.

What do you people think of the scandal with Italy and the possible match fixing?

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Samurai X said:
    I heard that his club might release him because of that incident with Rooney in the quarter final, who is his Manchester team-mate, instead of Rooney. He said Real Madrid is interested, that's going to be interesting.
    I doubt it, he's said that both he and Rooney are still friends and talked to each other and that Rooney wished him well just before Portugal v France.

What do you people think of the scandal with Italy and the possible match fixing?
    It's stupid to think at this level there could be match fixing...then again, look at the refs they have.

Random note: This is the reason this World Cup isn't nearly as good as the last one. I know it sounds biased and all since I'm a huge supporter of South Korea, but the last World Cup really changed things up. Two power houses, two new teams in the final four, it made for a great cup, and all the stuff that happened after was pretty nice too. Even if 2002 had its fair share of bad calls, so has this one. Probably worse here actually, it's a shame to see what happened to the Australian team. Oh well, hope for something as good in 2010, this year was just a disappointment and the definition of boring, even '98 was better than this.

Samurai X

La Dolce Vita
    Years
    Blue said:
    I doubt it, he's said that both he and Rooney are still friends and talked to each other and that Rooney wished him well just before Portugal v France.

Yeah, I found out about that too late though.

Blue said:
    It's stupid to think at this level there could be match fixing...then again, look at the refs they have.

I just hope that isn't true, if it is I wouldn't know what to think, I mean they have played very well but this would make me lose respect.

Blue said:
    Random note: This is the reason this World Cup isn't nearly as good as the last one. I know it sounds biased and all since I'm a huge supporter of South Korea, but the last World Cup really changed things up. Two power houses, two new teams in the final four, it made for a great cup, and all the stuff that happened after was pretty nice too. Even if 2002 had its fair share of bad calls, so has this one. Probably worse here actually, it's a shame to see what happened to the Australian team. Oh well, hope for something as good in 2010, this year was just a disappointment and the definition of boring, even '98 was better than this.

That is very true, the mathes in this World Cup have had too many fouls and too much poor sportsmanship, this madde some of the matches ugly in terms of gameplay. Besides the fair play, the matches in this World Cup havn't been very exciting either.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2024
    Samurai X said:
    I just hope that isn't true, if it is I wouldn't know what to think, I mean they have played very well but this would make me lose respect.
    If there's anyone I lost respect for this year, it's for FIFA as a whole. They govern the single biggest sport in the world, yet they're the weakest governing body of all sports. Would it kill them to start integrating technology into the way refs make calls? Would it kill them to hire good refs? FIFA needs to shape up, and they've needed to for a while. They don't do anything about bad calls anymore.

That is very true, the mathes in this World Cup have had too many fouls and too much poor sportsmanship, this madde some of the matches ugly in terms of gameplay. Besides the fair play, the matches in this World Cup havn't been very exciting either.
    Every cup is going to have its fair share of fouls, like 2002, probably one of the most controversial WCs ever, but I still consider it to be the best. In terms of game play, this wasn't even close to being the best year. France and Italy shouldn't be in the final, both of their teams heavily relied on diving. Brazil came too far for a team that seemed like they didn't even care, a lot of good teams were sent home too early. I really thought Australia had the potential to be one of the best teams this year, but they were sent home early on a bogus call.

Back