• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Like France in 2006, Holland are the slow burners this year. Not having to get out of second gear to win matches, which is always a good sign.

They'll have to play as aggressively as they normally would for the next round. But by then, they'll have Robben :)

Anyway, the game was tough, Japan defended their asses off but got punished for it in the end. This does show some of the individual quality we have in the final third; they just need a little space and can be lethal. Gambling on defense only, as Japan did, is not enough. When they started going forward Japan looked far more threatening (admittedly so did we!).

Robben was clearly missing from the Dutch squad, so they were more defensive. Impressive performance from Japan, didn't expect them to be that hard to beat. Although, they did use a VERY DEFENSIVE formation which leads me to think that all they were trying to do is defend the whole match, probably play for a draw, and hope for a counterattack. Anyway, it was an average match, but the score counts after all...

bandgeek219

Germany for World Cup!!
    Years
    I'm realizing that besides Cameroon, it is really still anyone's game to get to the knockout rounds. Some teams definitely harder than others, but they still have a chance.

Like in group D, Australia, the team Germany pretty much destroyed, could make it while Germany cannot if they win their next game and Germany loses to Ghana. I'm pretty sure the same is true in the other groups. Nobody is dominating in their group except Argentina and tthe Netherlands.

Sorry, it was just something I noticed.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Argentina and the Netherlands are on opposite sides of the bracket. They would very well meet in the World Cup Final. That'd be an amazing match.

Years
    I said before it started England (obviously for being from England) or the Netherlands will win it and that took a little set back with Robben getting an injury but they've still won their games without him so it does tell you something. I hope they don't risk him in the last group game and make sure he is fit for the knockout rounds.

Still unsure on Argentina, they battered South Korea no doubt but they were poor by their standards against Nigeria and you never know what Maradona will do next. I think one problem that could stop them winning it is that they have a great pool of attacking players to pick from but Maradona wants to put as many as he can in the line-up which could be a problem against any good, well-organised team.

Today I'm going for this;
    Slovakia 1-1 Paraguay Italy 2-0 New Zealand Brazil 2-1 Ivory Coast

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    I really hope Italy go out in the Group Stage. I don't like the Italian style of football at all.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Today's games previews:
    Slovakia 0 - 1 Paraguay
    Italy 1 - 0 New Zeland
    Brazil 2 - 1 Ivory Coast

Also, I hope France, Greece, England, Germany, Italy and Spain out in the group stages.. that would make this world cup the most weird ever! (and interesting too!)

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Today's games previews:
    1. Slovakia 0 - 1 Paraguay
    2. Italy 1 - 0 New Zeland
    3. Brazil 2 - 1 Ivory Coast

Also, I hope France, Greece, England, Germany, Italy and Spain out in the group stages.. that would make this world cup the most weird ever! (and interesting too!)

1. It seems like it
    2. A big probability
    3. I'm hoping for more of a draw or an Ivory Coast win.

Years
    Today I'm going for this;
    Slovakia 1-1 Paraguay Italy 2-0 New Zealand Brazil 2-1 Ivory Coast

Well I've been pretty wrong so far.

Today's games previews:
    Slovakia 0 - 1 Paraguay
    Italy 1 - 0 New Zeland
    Brazil 2 - 1 Ivory Coast

What about Brazil and also what do Greece have to do with it?

Wow, what a game from New Zealand. They played their hearts out the entire game and were so close to almost winning too.

Amazing result, the champions could be on their way out.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    What about Brazil and also what do Greece have to do with it?

Brazil will pass their group, so I didn't include them (just like Argentina and The Nederlands, also good teams that will pass their group, even if they were out that would be interesting, a world cup only with outsiders.)
    Greece.. I hate them. They won the european cup in 2004 against Portugal.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    Brazil will pass their group, so I didn't include them (just like Argentina and The Nederlands, also good teams that will pass their group, even if they were out that would be interesting, a world cup only with outsiders.)
    Greece.. I hate them. They won the european cup in 2004 against Portugal.
    Oh the memories. I loved that match in which Portugal were defeated by Greece. And what about Portugal? Things don't look so good for them too.

Ctrl Alt Del

The problem with society.
    Years
    What a dramatic game, lethal performance from Brazil a well deserved win. So much unnecessary diving in this match, bunch of fairies, although there was some horrendous tackles made from Ivory Coast. Most RIDICULOUS red card i've even seen, no malice in it atall the player ran into Kaka, what a joke. Fantastic entertainment though :D.

Years
    • Seen Aug 28, 2013
    What was worse?
    Fabiano's Hand of Henry moment or Kaka's "punch in the face" moment?

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    Oh the memories. I loved that match in which Portugal were defeated by Greece. And what about Portugal? Things don't look so good for them too.

I bet you're english. Yeah I know things don't look good for Portugal. I also think that they won't pass the group stage, but of course I don't wish that, so I didn't put them on the list of teams that I want to see out of the world cup.

Fire Wolf

it's as humid as a sauna, boy!
    Years
    So today, Switzerland and Chile have a chance to seal a place in the next round, though Chile need a lot of luck. Switzerland need to beat Chile and hope that Honduras don't beat Spain (lol). A draw in Spain-Honduras will also suffice for the Swiss. For Chile to qualify, they need to beat Switzerland and hope Spain don't beat Honduras (which they probably will). A draw in Spain-Honduras will be enough for Chile too.

In Group H, Brazil could qualify if N. Korea beat Portugal today or the Portugal-North Korea match is a draw.

Binary

え?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2014
    I bet you're english. Yeah I know things don't look good for Portugal. I also think that they won't pass the group stage, but of course I don't wish that, so I didn't put them on the list of teams that I want to see out of the world cup.

XDDD;
    Yeah, England was defeated by Portugal in the semi-finals, and I didn't like that D:<

Well, Portugal are getting off to a good start today and hopefully, they'll give us a better performance.

Back