• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Cup South Africa 2010

Who will win?

• Total voters

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Villa (and luck) can create some amazing goals.

Not Torres. I think most people would agree that he should be benched. He has simply been out of form and terrible so far in this world cup. At club form at LFC, he's been great, but right now his performances have been simply ridiculous.

I mean did you SEE the shots he took in the Paraguay match? They were so bad I actually felt sorry for him.

It seems as if he's only playing to maybe score a lucky goal, waste his energy and that of the defenders, and put to be substituted in the second half for a player with fresh legs.

Fabregras, Llorente, Pedro > Torres right now..

Even Casillas is out of form. He's been looking a bit shaky this tournament, although he has had some great saves..A lot of people seem to be agreeing with this. Reina should really be starting in my opinion. Casillas has just been so inconsistent since the Euros. Casillas once again proved himself not to be the keeper he once was by nearly handing Santa Cruz a dramatic equaliser last night.

Even Ramos has looked a bit suspect...Capdevilla is the worst starting member of the team, but he's actually looked "OK"..

Spain has been lacking width..Also, there are no prizes for passing..

Xavi and Iniesta's sideways passing sessions are intolerably tedious to watch. "Xavi... passes to Iniesta. Back to Xavi. Pique. Xavi. Out right to Ramos. Iniesta. Back to Xavi." Another dive.... BORING.. lol

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Casillas is so out of form, he is considered the guy who made us win last night by everybody here. He caught the ball in a penalty and allowed Santa Cruz a chance he himself stopped pretty well a few seconds later.

And well, I can only agree on Torres. Ironically, he's the one who makes the team boring. When he's substituted, the team starts playing notably better. But I can't say we are too boring. If any, maybe it's because we have played several highly defensive teams (Switzerland, Portugal, Paraguay...). Let's see what happens when we play Germany, a beautifully attacking team.

And a quote from The Times: "We always wondered what was in the cursed tape from The Ring. Now we know: it was the Paraguay-Japan match. You can't watch it without dying from boredom."

Years
    Villa (and luck) can create some amazing goals.

Not Torres. I think most people would agree that he should be benched. He has simply been out of form and terrible so far in this world cup. At club form at LFC, he's been great, but right now his performances have been simply ridiculous.

I mean did you SEE the shots he took in the Paraguay match? They were so bad I actually felt sorry for him.

It seems as if he's only playing to maybe score a lucky goal, waste his energy and that of the defenders, and put to be substituted in the second half for a player with fresh legs.

Fabregras, Llorente, Pedro > Torres right now..

Even Casillas is out of form. He's been looking a bit shaky this tournament, although he has had some great saves..A lot of people seem to be agreeing with this. Reina should really be starting in my opinion. Casillas has just been so inconsistent since the Euros. Casillas once again proved himself not to be the keeper he once was by nearly handing Santa Cruz a dramatic equaliser last night.

Even Ramos has looked a bit suspect...Capdevilla is the worst starting member of the team, but he's actually looked "OK"..

Spain has been lacking width..Also, there are no prizes for passing..

Xavi and Iniesta's sideways passing sessions are intolerably tedious to watch. "Xavi... passes to Iniesta. Back to Xavi. Pique. Xavi. Out right to Ramos. Iniesta. Back to Xavi." Another dive.... BORING.. lol

Casillas is so out of form, he is considered the guy who made us win last night by everybody here. He caught the ball in a penalty and allowed Santa Cruz a chance he himself stopped pretty well a few seconds later.

And well, I can only agree on Torres. Ironically, he's the one who makes the team boring. When he's substituted, the team starts playing notably better. But I can't say we are too boring. If any, maybe it's because we have played several highly defensive teams (Switzerland, Portugal, Paraguay...). Let's see what happens when we play Germany, a beautifully attacking team.

And a quote from The Times: "We always wondered what was in the cursed tape from The Ring. Now we know: it was the Paraguay-Japan match. You can't watch it without dying from boredom."
    He might be out of form but that doesnt mean he can't create beautiful goals or play attractive football. This goal should show that.

Hard for me to admit being a Manchester United but Torres is probably the best natural striker in the world at the moment.

Hopefully he'll prove my point in the semis, if Spain actually manage to attack against the Germans.

WindBlows

It's been a long time!
    Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2023
    Spain is being lucky. They have won all their matches with just one goal since the groups phase. Except against Honduras.

TheReal

Epic Member
    Years
    From what I saw.. I bet Netherlands - Germany to final.
    And I think this is going to be finally the Germany year.
    Second on 2002 world cup, 3rd on 2006, 2nd on 2008 european.. I think it will be this year they'll win.

Ivysaur

Years
    Spain is being lucky. They have won all their matches with just one goal since the groups phase. Except against Honduras.

Argentina and Brazil won all their matches by a nice margin and you see how they have ended :P

But that's football: in a knockout stage, winning by 1-0 is no different from winning by 48-0.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years

Argentina and Brazil won all their matches by a nice margin and you see how they have ended :P

But that's football: in a knockout stage, winning by 1-0 is no different from winning by 48-0.

That is soo true.. I agree 150%...

Inexperienced football fans think that just because a team is winning by big margins they're better than a team that would beat them most times out of ten.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Netherlands leading 1-0..

Our defender, and captain Giovanni van Bronckhorst just scored from a really nice goal from far away.

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Bronckhort's goal is probably the best goal I've seen in the tournament. What a strike! :knockedou

edit. Forlan again! He's quickly become my favorite player during this tournament.

Last edited:
    Years
    Starting to become the tournament of good goals and now a few have been from Forlan.

While I mention Forlan, who has been your player of the tournament so far?

My personal top candidates are Boateng, Forlan, Ozil & Muller.

Since Forlan is in a much weaker side than the two German players and has scored some good goals, I'll go for Forlan.

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    Netherlands leading 3-1.

One of those goals was controversial...It could be offside because it looked as though it brushed Van Persie ever so slightly. (Van Persie was offside)

jjeangi

It's me...
    Years
    3-2. Netherlands leading. It looked as if the Dutch stopped playing.. -.- You stop playing when the whistle is blown.....

HUP HOLLAND!. The Dutch are going to the World Cup Final.

Ivysaur

Years
    Yaaaaaawnnnn, if it hadn't been a World Cup semifinal, I would have been sleeping until the last 20 minutes of the match. A lot of errors, not many goal chances... really, I wanted to play Holland in the final, and now I'm even more certain than before. They remind me so much of us XD

The last 20 minutes were fun though. If Robben hadn't scored his goal, or the incredibily tight offside had been called out, as the referees did with some similar actions in the first half, they would have been even more entertaining, but really, Uruguay died with their heads up high. I hope they beat Germany and get the third place (I knoooooow, I knoooow... but a man can dream :P I'll get back to this tomorrow).

Back