• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

World Peace? o.O;

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    You would all be talking differently if your country was in war with america... And mine was(Serbia and Montenegro, formerly known as Yugoslavia) and for what? To protect the stability of the region? Why didn't they then bombar Albania? Cuz they started all the "instability"? If you wanna know why, it's because they had a lot of outdated weponry and they needed to sell it to somebody... And we are the cross road of Asia and Europe. Oh and did you know that the USA soldiers were afraid to come down and fight like men... And do you know why? Cuz my country has the best Guerill warfare tactics and we had the best tenks in Europe. It is easy to pick a country see where it is weak and then destroy it that way. And because of that I think that Americans(not all just those military tactisians) are *****.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    DarkPegasus said:
    You would all be talking differently if your country was in war with america... And mine was(Serbia and Montenegro, formerly known as Yugoslavia) and for what? To protect the stability of the region? Why didn't they then bombar Albania? Cuz they started all the "instability"? If you wanna know why, it's because they had a lot of outdated weponry and they needed to sell it to somebody... And we are the cross road of Asia and Europe. Oh and did you know that the USA soldiers were afraid to come down and fight like men... And do you know why? Cuz my country has the best Guerill warfare tactics and we had the best tenks in Europe. It is easy to pick a country see where it is weak and then destroy it that way. And because of that I think that Americans(not all just those military tactisians) are *****.

Well then if you hate all Americans for no reason you're ignorant. It's amusing that you hate me personally, simply for my nationality, just because of the past actions of my country. The Balkans was hell in the 1990s, I know that for sure, and we were in Serbia/Montenegro in 1997 or 1998 I believe. Now tell me, did you support or oppose Slobodan Milosevic? Since you say your nationality was Yugoslavia and not Kosovo, and because you see the US as oppressors and not liberators, it seems that you must have.

I know I can't see it from your perspective; I've had people tell me that it feels a lot different when it's your country being bombed instead of theirs, and that's true, and I have immense sympathy for those whose lives were unduly ended or forever changed by the conflict. You have no idea how bad Americans feel for those who are caught up in war; our hearts are bleeding for the unfortunate but those on the other side never know that. All they see is the American soldier there trying to change (in your mind, destroy) things and you see him as the face of all Americans, and thus the lie is born and persists in yet another person. You really need to distinguish between a country's army and a country's people and realize all the humanitarian efforts that groups and individuals have done and what a desire there is to help when such situations arise.

If there's one thing America hates, it's genocide, and that was exactly was going on at the time; basically an extermination of one race by another. In your first post you talked about your precious UN; incase you don't know, the United States went in there as part of a United Nations operation; you're speaking like we acted unilaterally, which is absolutely untrue. Though we did play the main role, it was because we were the best-equipped to go in and stop Milosevic's holocaust.

You didn't really state your reasons for why you were so upset. If it's a matter of national pride, it's hard to understand. I love my country, but if there was war and death and genocide happening all across the nation, and spilling into the borders of other nations, and it was the fault of my nation, I'd be begging another country to restore peace. I can't pretend to understand the situation, but I know that we (and the UN, don't forget!) had the clear and noble purpose of stability, and even if things didn't end perfectly, we were still there to end genocide and did. Now I could understand your hatred of the US government (but not the people, that's still irrational) if you were personally affected by the conflict, i.e. a family member dying, your home being attacked, anything like that, as is sometimes the case in war. Things like this happen, and because we bear the brunt of the assault, we get all the blame.

Incase you don't know this, we attacked with airplanes instead of ground troops because we wanted to get rid of Milosevic and anyone perpetrating the genocide without causing unnecessary casualties, not from a matter of lacking "manliness"...believe me, it doesn't take a man to point a trigger at someone else and shoot them, and when ground troops are involved in a war, there's a lot less precision involved and far more innocent people die. We (and the UN!) were after your government, not your people. It was never a matter of avoiding guerillas and tanks.

About Albania, I know very little about their involvement. I just know that all the Balkan states hate each other (it was the powder keg of WWI after all) and that I can't filter accusation from truth. But I'm not sure that placing the blame on any one country really solves anything. The Balkans was a mess then, and it is now, but at least people aren't killing each other like they were. We don't prey on weak countries. Remember that little war back in the 40s when we took on the world's most powerful nation because they were killing Jews? When we were rivals with the Soviet Union (whose oppression is the reason for all the misery in Europe)? We perform military opperations based on the problem, not the country. If we preyed on weak nations, three-fourths of the world would belong to us and Serbia would have been renamed East Dakota long ago.

But hey, America-haters are blind to anything but their own hatred. I'm just wasting my breath, but I do feel a lot more patriotic now.

DarkPegasus

~ Stargazer ~
    Years
    I don't hate Americans who think that a war anywhere is wrong, I hate those who think that a war is good(Bush). And do you even know why America(aka NATO) bombarded us? I mean the UN's action in the '90 was ok. And American bombardment didn't end Milsoevic's regim, that happened 2 years after by us(the people). And the war started here(NATO's bombarding) because Albanian terorists(aka OVK) were attacking Kosovo and Milosevic send our troops there. So my question is why didn't you(your country) bombard Albania?

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    I have no idea why we didn't attack Albania. I was only ten then and we don't talk about that war too often <_<;

I suppose you'll have no choice but to hate me because I don't believe that all war is wrong. Conflicts have to be taken on a case-by-case basis and we have to act from there...I supported Afghanistan, and I supported Iraq until everything spiraled out of control. I believe that intention is as important as end result.

Even if we didn't directly dethrone Milosevic, we did stop much of his butchering. He had very little power after the incident. They elected a new government, no?

Oh, and I meant NATO, not UN. Sorry <_<;

Years
    Tch. Dunno actually... I don't think it's in man's nature ta be at peace actually. Even if they do make this world a better place an' society "flawless", ya still have tha human factor, sometimes man makes up problems even when there are none, it's one of humanity's defects. Tch. The only way ta make world peace possible tha way I see it is by alterin' man's genes ta make him less hostile an' more wise...

justanidjit

Intellectual screwball
    Years
    • Seen Nov 28, 2006
    "World Peace", IMHO, is just a big ploy of one-world government to control the lives of people.

Crystal Clair

Shinji lover
    Years
    Clair: actually the whole "elimination" thing confused me. I talked to my sister in California and she told me that they were trying to find a way to combine religion and science. That got me thinking, it wouldn't matter if science and religion was combined because people cant live in a world where they follow all the religions because it's just too complicated.
    And Crystal told me that she too thinks world peace is impossible. She pointed out that world peace would involve no killing and no violence and that made me think of nature. Since animals kill each other every day to keep the population in balance, there would be no peace because if they didn't kill the animals, the animal population would grow too big and well you can guess the rest.
    What I'm trying to say is that either way, there wont be peace (if you count the animals)

Zaikiro

The offgoining vet
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2014
    I don't want to say a lot but with the way the world is right now it seems impossible for World Peace, but there is little hope, you may never know. :)

Eon-Rider

An "Original" PC Supporter
    Years
    Our teacher at school gave us a talk about she said that it is impossible because someone always wants more than others which means they want to be more powerful which brings people to war.

Years
    World Peace will never happen. NEVER.

I've read the previous posts up top and every one of them has excellent points. I agreed with all of them. With the whole world thinking that they are better off without America in it, the way I see it is we're all going to nuke each other off the face of the Earth sooner or later or those nutbar extremists will start planning WMD attacks in the U.S.

Just wait and see. With us gone, everybody will be happy. Until those extremists rule the world.

John Denver

Banned
    Years
    Dakota said:
    .....................................................................................no...

Double Post
    Spam
    Off Topic
    Character Limit Break
    Quoting Yourself
    4 word minimum Break

Wow I just broke 6 rules just now O_o

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    Dakota said:
    Double Post
    Spam
    Off Topic
    Character Limit Break
    Quoting Yourself
    4 word minimum Break

You bad boy. You ugly face.

Guest123_x1

Double Post
    Spam
    Off Topic
    Character Limit Break
    Quoting Yourself
    4 word minimum Break

Why would you do something like that? Wouldn't you lose your praetor status that way? and where does it say in the rules not to quote oneself?

The answer to that is NO, it's called OIL
    Why can't we get those alternative fuels into the mainstream market?

World Peace will never happen. NEVER.

I've read the previous posts up top and every one of them has excellent points. I agreed with all of them. With the whole world thinking that they are better off without America in it, the way I see it is we're all going to nuke each other off the face of the Earth sooner or later or those nutbar extremists will start planning WMD attacks in the U.S.

Just wait and see. With us gone, everybody will be happy. Until those extremists rule the world.
    The only reason why the U.N. pushes for world peace is that the one-world organization government is now controlled by anti-America extremeists, who, if successful, their kind would be the only ones left.

22sa

ロミオとシンデレ? ?? �� �� �� �� �� �� �� ��
    Years
    ottermi619 said:
    Why would you do something like that? Wouldn't you lose your praetor status that way? and where does it say in the rules not to quote oneself?
    ottermi619, he's just making a point. Even SMod's are not always perfect.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    World Peace, would be great, but it just can't happen, theres to many ignorant little people in this world who will always have diffrent ideas about the world,and ways to make it a better place, there will always be people who will want to rule. & if we have rulers we'll never have world peace.

The Goverment wan't certain things, and so many people don't agree with that, but there the "higher" people, so what they say go, but yes the goverment is made out of alot of people, its not everyone, there is no way of making everyone on this world happy!

We all have diffrent ideas, especially about what world peace means, what does it mean? Everyone had diffrent ideas and opinions, there will never be world peace, and it probley would'nt work even if we tried it!

On abit of off-topic
    Dakota, Lord Vader & 22sa don't go ranting on about somthing that has no relevance to this topic.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years
    Whee, someone gave me negative rep in this topic for being pro-America~

"not respecting others opinions and being overly arrogant" is a very long winded way of saying "you support America".

So proud to live in the great satan ^_^

Guest123_x1

Whee, someone gave me negative rep in this topic for being pro-America~

"not respecting others opinions and being overly arrogant" is a very long winded way of saying "you support America".

So proud to live in the great satan ^_^
    Just some politically correct international crap. "not respecting others opinions"-what kind of stuff is that!?

Oh, and here's a doozy- https://www.apfn.org/apfn/un.htm

ottermi619,
    There is no one-world organization that intends to support the Western world.

Last edited:
    Back