• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you ever sell or trade away your old video games?

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    As the title suggests.

If you had the chance, would you trade away or sell the games you own that are old, or maybe don't play anymore? Why or why not? Discuss your thoughts here!

Years
    I used to sometimes, because the money I got for them seemed like a lot. Only two games I've sold have I actually wanted back: Lego Batman for the DS and Pokemon Channel, both of which I sold in late 2009 in my freshman year of high school, when I wasn't playing video games a ton.

Now... I mean, I don't see myself selling any anytime soon unless I NEVER play them and they're taking up space that I desperately need. (I do, however, have many that I'd gladly give to friends for free if I knew they'd actually love them as much as I did long ago. With GameStop, though, they might never be sold and just get thrown out, and if someone buys them it might just be because they're cheap.)

«Chuckles»

Sharky
    Years
    • Seen Apr 29, 2023
    No I rarely used to sell my games and the ones i did were like disney games because I could beat them in 30 minutes and weren't worth the money. But I know better than to sell stuff now especially if it's a popular game or a cult classic.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Back then, I kinda needed the money, so selling my old video games was a last resort for me. I earned a decent hundred bucks after selling like... five games and for some reason I kinda regret it now.

Only those that I've played for so long, like my SSBB game, are those that I cannot sell. because I already know that I'll regret it if I do.

TY

The only game i ever sold were games i got twice by accident or games i really didnt like *cough* MW3 *cough*

I just cant get rid of any game unless its one of the mentioned above.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    Yep! I'm considering on getting rid of a few of my old games that I either:
    a) didn't really play that much of or...
    b) were horribly boring games that I failed to enjoy.

Classics like the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot series will stay with me for life, as with all of my Pokemon games and a few others that I've enjoyed immensely such as Skyrim and Ratchet & Clank.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    No, I simply can't...
    I'm really bad at putting things away... even if I know I probably won't ever use them again, I like to look at my collection and recall all those time I spend playing those games.

ObnoxiousOboe

The Musical Psychic
    Years
    I would only sell games that sucked or sports games whose rosters are outdated. Other than that, I don't know why I would sell all my old games, because there may be a time when I might play those games again because they're fun. I guess I'm just sentimental that way.

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
    Years
    I got rid of the ones I know I'll never touch again, i.e Nintendogs and a lot of "girl" games people got for me as a kid :x My sister also got rid of almost all her games since she doesn't play video games anymore. On the last day Gamestop was accepting GBA games we traded them all in and got a lot of money, which I promptly spent on another game, haha. It was awesome.

I don't think I'd ever sell any games that I really enjoy(ed) as a kid especially, since as Kirby's Amazing Mirror or any of my Pokemon games, but anything else is iffy. I haven't really bought a game recently that I don't like so I think that's all I'd sell.

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jun 13, 2023
    I've been doing that all year cause its the only way to get new games for my PS2. I've regretted it though, lost so much good stuff(soul reaver 2, Megaman X8, and I think Dark Cloud).

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    Only time I sell my old games is when I have a garage sale. The last time I had one was a few years ago.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    It depends on the circumstances. If someone offered me $1000 for a game I didn't play anymore the I would sell it in a heart beat!

Years
    I have, and probally will continue to.

I've kind of lived by the philosophy that I can always find another copy down the road, and and it will probally be cheaper.

I've only regretted selling two games. The first one was Pokemon Platnium because now I don't have a 4th gen game at all, and it's putting a whole in my pokemon collection because of it. At the time though, it was un-fun and I wanted to move on to another game (Dragonquest IX)

The second was Sonic Generations, but that's only because I'm a giant Sonic fan, but to be realistic, I didn't have a system to play it on, and it was the game that got me the most money that day.

Alot of the games I've sold in the past have slowly returned to me one way or another. Some recent examples include Metal Gear Solid 2, XenoSaga, and The Tower of Druaga: Fushingo Dungeon, which I payed no more then 6 bucks for all 3. Which at the time I probably sold them for 15 bucks each.

TY

I would sell C&C 4: Tiberian Twilight if i could, but its a download version i bought on Origin >_<

That game, as i said and even reviewed, is just horrific.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
    Years
    Since we have this kind of thread... I ask something I was thinking of.

Would you guys consider trading of digital copies? In a way of changing possibility to download the game between users.
    Which means you would no longer have the possibility to download your bought copy unless you bought/traded it again.

Homura Akemi

time is f o r e v e r~
    Years
    I traded in games I barely played, so it would be easier to buy newer ones..like when I traded in Portal 2 for Black Ops 2.

Back