• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Would you have called Heart Gold and Soul Silver something else?

What did you think of the names?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    I like those names, but I would've gone with something like these.

DawnGold
    DuskSilver (DS
    Would you have called Heart Gold and Soul Silver something else?
    )

Caelus

Gone
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2013
    I like the names, but I was expecting other names to be used, like Shinygold (nothing to do with Zel's game) or dusksilver. I think those were two common names for a possible gs remake.

But I like them anyway.

Rapide

Self-esteemed Wumbologist.
    Years
  • I didn't expect it to be called "HeartGold" and "SoulSliver". Those are okay names I guess. "DawnGold" and "DuskSilver" seemed better to me, though. -_-

Luck

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Years
    • Seen May 20, 2023
    The name isn't bad, it's just...cheesy.
    Duskgold and dawnsilver would be just so much better.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
  • I was expecting DuskGold and DawnSilver. SoulSilver for me was ok, but at first HeartGold was like WTF? Is this a girl's game???

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    Very unexpected but I feel as if they add to the magical feel of Johto. Like they are treasured more than any other.

560cool.

An old timer?
    Years
  • I remember their rumour names : Dusk Gold and Dawn Silver ...

I must say I prefer these two over Dawn and Dusk . Heart and Soul are pretty good to stick with , ^^ so yeah ... It's alright ^_^ .

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years
  • I would have lolled so much if they had called them that and kept the names in denmark (which is where i live) 'cause dusk in danish means, the hair down by a womens... i will say no more

CrazyEccentric

Mikuri/Wallace Fangirl
    Years
  • I would have gone with Morning Gold and Moonlight Silver.

Oooh! Those titles sound really good. I like them. It has some sort of magical catch to each one "morning" and "moonlight". x3

I'm happy with the game titles/names. They sound good, but at the same time its like "S'okay". ^.^

Years
    • Seen May 12, 2012
    I actually love the names and I think they're perfect for the games. Way better than FireRed and LeafGreen's name imo.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jan 5, 2021
    Morning Gold and Moonlight Silver.....hm...it could work but it's a little bit too long a title for a Pokemon game.

DawnGold and DuskSilver would've worked great, but Heart Gold and Soul Silver works fine...but tbh it took a little while to get used to.

Back