• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like the Pokemon cries to be saying their name?

Would you like the anime cries?

• Yes

Votes: 5 18.5%
  • No

Votes: 22 81.5%

• Total voters

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
Years
  • Not a bad idea. I've always wondered why they didn't make it that way... but then again, it may not sound right. I was watching Pokemon Heroes earlier, and Oakley's Espeon said "Espe, espe!" in the most annoying voice. I can't imagine Pokemon with the voices they're given. Plus it has to be translated so much into different languages, so in France "Espe" probably wouldn't make sense.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Oh... oh god no. I'm reminded of Pokémon Yellow when your Pikachu would say its name instead of the default cry, and how much that pissed me off after a little while. >:( Having ~every single Pokémon~ saying its name would just... no.

Years
    • Seen Dec 18, 2014
    Don't they say their names if you talk to someone else's ppokemon in-game?

Years
  • My answer to this question is a resounding NO.
    For example, Roggenrola - look at it, it doesn't look like it'd make much more than some sort of a 'grinding' sound (like their in-game cry), however, the anime portrays them as having a much more human-like voice, thus annoying me. :(

I honestly think you're right, especially the way he sounds like a child. Excadrill sounds like a Spaniard in the anime, and it's REALLY annoying. I hate the anime sounds because they get so redundant after the characters say their names five times before they release them -_____-

shengar

♥ Mikan Enthusiast ♥
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2013
    NO. Please keep out anime crap out of the game. I've enough dealing with people who keep saying that protagonists of the game are ten years old because the anime made them think so.

I prefer the cry as it is. It sound more animal-ish and realistic(I hate this word but whatever). I couldn't stand a big behemoth Groudon keep saying its name as it cries.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • No. Presumably if all the critters could form coherent sounds that sound like words, they'd be able to eventually learn proper speech and everything, which just opens up a whole can of worms in its own right. Vague grunting noises are the way forward!

Years
  • When you speak to Pokémon in-game, they say stuff like "Guhguhgoo!!"

So, maybe THAT piece of text is that specific Pokémon's actual "name" and names like Machop and Charmander are just how Pokéhumans in-game interpret those cries, or they literally name them upon discovery.

Interestingly enough, doesn't Slowking know how to speak a human language?

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The only Pokémon who can do that in-game is Pikachu in Pokémon Yellow, and that's that lol.

bwburke94

Forever Aspertia's Aspie
    Years
  • We already have confirmation that GF won't do this, but I'd like it. Porygon2 would need a voice actor, but there was a voiced Porygon-Z in a spinoff so that wouldn't be a problem.

Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    I think it should be optional for the player, much like set battle style and text speed. They could also only do real cries for Pokemon owned by trainers or at least your trainer- makes them sound "tamed".

Snivy063

Banned
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jul 16, 2012
    I wouldn't mind since I usually mute my speakrs on since I'm listening to a lot of songs while playing the game, but it'd be cuter if they're gonna use the ones in the anime. Just my opinion though. ^^

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
  • No, thank you. I'd rather have the cries they use for the games. If the anime cries were to added to the Pokemon games, I'd stop playing.

ScarletCross

Cresselia Fan
    Years
  • I wouldn't mind to be honest. But I do think they would become annoying if they were the same as in the anime. I like the new cries to the old ones because most of the 1st gen cries sound like variations of the same thing. At least the newer ones have a significant difference.

Mentalii

Back
    Years
  • Uh... Not at all, I love Pokémon's cries in the game, some are great. Others more simple but, I can't imagine a battle where Pokémon say their own names.
    And anime cries are often bad I think.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • I actually consider the concepts in the anime more canon than the in-game, so I'd like to see this implemented. The anime, I find, is more tangible, so I've always considered differences between the games and the anime the fault of undeveloped gaming technology. I always assumed that one day when the technology caught up this is exactly what would happen, but then it never did :/

Back