• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you like to see a Mega Pikachu?

Edited this thread a little to be more clear since there isn't news of a Mega Pikachu being available.

To answer the question, no, I'm good I think. Raichu's more deserving of a mega imo and I think it has potential to look really awesome while providing it that needed boost in power (especially competitively). Can't even picture what a mega version of Pikachu would look like. At least Pikachu has a Light Ball it can use.. But Raichu as the evolution of the mascot deserves a little something extra. [:

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    No. I think it's about time to let Raichu shine a bit.

I mean Pikachu is Pikachu, even if they give Raichu a mega, Pikachu will still be the mascot.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2016
    The problem is if Raichu get a mega, pikachu is really nothing more than a mascot.
    90 base speed, it is not that good since maybe gen 4, if u dont outspeed, pikachu die, if u dont OHKO, pikachu die.

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen today
    The problem is if Raichu get a mega, pikachu is really nothing more than a mascot.
    90 base speed, it is not that good since maybe gen 4, if u dont outspeed, pikachu die, if u dont OHKO, pikachu die.

Light Ball. And with better pure Electric-types out there, it's not like Pikachu's gonna miss out on anything. Raichu, on the other hand, is pretty much nonexistent if you consider its pre-evolutions' exposure in advertisements - a mega is a good way for it to gain some positive exposure for once.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    If Pikachu ends up ever getting a Mega then Audino should get an evolution...

I rather Raichu get a Mega. It can be Electric/Fighting for Stab Focus Blast. Plus a Fighting Electric Kangaroo rat is an awesome concept.

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023

Pikachu is already "just the mascot" Sure it's sorta cute, but there are WAAAY better options out there IMO
    so I hope not!

Years
    • Age 31
    • USA
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Pikachu can already put on clothes and say its name as its cry and even make use of the Light Ball. I don't think it needs a Mega on top of that.

The only NFE Pokémon that should get a Mega--and even then it's questionable--is Eevee. Not Pikachu. Mega Raichu 2016!

smocks

fiat lux
    Years
    NOPE TOTALLY NOT
    I'm sorry but Pikachu cannot get a mega or else I'll just quit Pokémon honestly, don't get me wrong I love Pikachu but sometimes it's hype gets so annoying. Plus that would just screw up mega-evolution, seriously. A mega-evolution is beyond evolution, and Pikachu is the middle volition of its line. I would love if Raichu got a mega because it deserves one, and it's fully evolved

Desert Stream~

Holy Kipper!
    Years
    • She/Her
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    IF it does get a mega (And I really really really X 100000000000 hope not) I hope they don't screw it up and make something like Ash-Greninja

Back