• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you sell your online identity?

Khawill

<3
Years
  • Lol my username right now is merely an anagram of my first and last name, I don't think I could sell my actual name because I wouldn't be able to think of a new one (I'd pick something stupid while improvising in court and call myself gavel or podium lol)

YungKnowledge

Kigo & Jori Shipper
    Years
  • I always use this username or a different version of the name, but it was for a site a didn't use anymore I might. But it was for sites that I uses everyday I couldn't do it.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • If we're talking strictly about our PokeCommunity names being our online identity for all sites, then yes I'd sell Shining Raichu in a heartbeat. But if I'm selling the username I use everywhere else I think I'd find it a little harder - I like it so much.

I would probably do it in the end though. Because, you know, money :P

Years
    • Seen Sep 18, 2020
    Yes, assuming the amount paid were worth bothering with. Some names, like the one I have here, have no bearing anywhere else; those could be sold.

Starsprite

This is how we live!
    Years
    • Age 26
    • TN
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016
    I haven't the slightest clue why anyone would want my username, but I guess I'd sell it if the person in question paid me enough. I mean, I'd just give it to them if I didn't have to go hunt down everyone I know and tell them I'm no longer Starsprite. Well, that is going by the scenario of Starsprite being my name for everything, which it isn't really.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • Nah. I've been Kura for as long as I've been using the internet, basically.. (though I was immortaldragon initially) and a lot of artists know my art blog sort of by my online name, so I wouldn't sell that because in a way it is part of my IRL identity.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • How much can I get for it? :P The Twilight part ruins it for me - I created it way before vampire movies. I go by other names on different sites, so I won't be too bothered if I sold it.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I wouldn't want to sell it since it's kind of who I am, but if the price was right then who knows :p If I was able to keep all my friends etc and just use another username then I probably would sell it, but I'd need reassurance that my name won't be attached to me still if they do something bad.

Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2013
    Heh, never, that would be.. very distracting. Always thinking what "I" would do or say. And also very difficult because I have my drawings on internet, I wouldn't want that someone else gets the credit! Or where should I post my drawings then? So yeah.. never. Maybe for like veeeery big amount of money but that new me would have to be good person!

Back