• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you want to see new types added?

soulzzii

We don't wanna watch the news, we just read statem
    Years
    • Seen May 16, 2023
    I actually took the time to do it myself. I just simply took note of all type advantages and calculated the percentage that each type can hit every Pokémon super effectively in the game. I did it because it is useful for helping me when I play Pokémon competitively. I even posted more information regarding type combinations in my blog here.

thats actually pretty impressive, good job!

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
    No, because that would give us 19 types, and 19 is a prime number. Get that indivisibility out of my face.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
    Closest I can think of is a Sound type that hits Electric super effectively, and some other things to balance the type chart, but in general not really. I'd prefer actually balancing out the type chart.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I think that new types could be cool. It would just be hard for me to think of which new types that should be added, because if there is a new type then there needs to be a type which counteracts that specific type. Maybe instead of new types they could split up Pokemon by more subtypes like different kind of fire types specifically. Maybe blue-fire types have different characteristics then red/orange fire types. A bit abstract, but who knows I would have never thought of a fairy type.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    As someone who still sometimes struggles to remember the type matchups for Dark after its addition in gen 2... I feel like it would be a disaster for me if they kept adding more types every few gens hahaha.

That said, I struggle to think of a useful type to add, so I'd be curious what they'd come up with to expand that out.

Mystiqo

Meowstics are cool
    Years
    As much as I'd like to see a new type, I couldn't help but see GF spawn new issues in ways we wouldn't expect.

Imagine they reveal [New Type] as super effective + immune to Fairy and Dragon, then create a pseudo-legendary that is [Dragon] [New Type].

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    I wouldn't want a new type. I think the chart is pretty well-balanced now. Arguably by Gen V Dragons were nearly in check anyway given there were more new Steel-types, but from what I understand they were still strong after the introduction of Fairy, it was just in Gen VIII's competitive meta where Zacian ran wild that they seemed to vanish. Presumably in Gen IX they'll be able to pull their weight (before factoring in the chaos of Tera, of course).

Back