• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Wow, I'm awful at first impressions.

Nyakuza

Incredibly Toxic
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Anyways, hi! I was lured here by many of the hacks that populate the area since I've grown pretty weary of official content from X/Y onwards. I started Pokemon as one of my first games with Yellow in the early 2000's. Played every mainline game going up to aforementioned generation. After Emerald, I pretty much picked Poison as my favorite type and moved forward in making a mono-Poison team in every game I played. Many a steel type fell to my favorite Pokemon, Toxicroak.

So far. the usual lineup is Drapion - Gengar - Toxicroak - Roserade - Beedrill - Crobat.

Lots of entry hazards, Toxic, Gengar for Psychics and Toxicroak's Drain Punch for Steels. Plus Poison Touch for non-Steelies.

Anyways, I think that's a thorough rundown. Hope to be around for a while!

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
Haha, yup, many people have joined this site specifically for hacks. But! Many people end up staying for the competitive scene, awesome Pokémon discussion, and of course the community! Hope you have fun while you're here. :)

Also, I may be best represented by fairy types, but some of my favorite Pokémon are poison and steel, so represent. ψ(`∇´)ψ

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 12, 2024
I know she's friendly but she enjoys trying to sneak into my kingdom...^

He's right, I'm a double agent. ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ

But, Nyakuza, a great way to show your appreciation for Poison types is to begin a Poison type club in The Clubhouse!

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
He's right, I'm a double agent. ( ꒪Д꒪)ノ

But, Nyakuza, a great way to show your appreciation for Poison types is to begin a Poison type club in The Clubhouse!

I wouldn't say "double agent" so much as you like to cause Fairy Mischief and you're probably friendly this guy's ALL ABOUT POISON!

....hmmm.

This just became interesting.

DragonKing48

The King Of All Dragons.
Years
But yeah man, as you can tell, Dragons are my thing. Mega Sceptile and Druddigon are some of my top favorites. Poison is righteous. Dragalge and Naganadel are essential to any Dragon Team.

Nyakuza

Incredibly Toxic
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Feb 3, 2024
Thank you for the welcoming wagon, haha! I'm still trying to get my bearings with this whole thing as I usually am a bit selective in what boards I choose to join, which makes for pretty big differences in how each one works for me with no inbetween them. I was actually considering in dabbling in future generations just because we finally got Poison/Dragon. I think what really sold me on Poisons back in the day was something as silly as Muk. An absolute chonklord.

Fighting types were also a big contender and that's how Toxicroak became my favorite, pft.

Pokeballers

Pokeballers
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jun 24, 2020
Anyways, hi! I was lured here by many of the hacks that populate the area since I've grown pretty weary of official content from X/Y onwards. I started Pokemon as one of my first games with Yellow in the early 2000's. Played every mainline game going up to aforementioned generation. After Emerald, I pretty much picked Poison as my favorite type and moved forward in making a mono-Poison team in every game I played. Many a steel type fell to my favorite Pokemon, Toxicroak.

So far. the usual lineup is Drapion - Gengar - Toxicroak - Roserade - Beedrill - Crobat.

Lots of entry hazards, Toxic, Gengar for Psychics and Toxicroak's Drain Punch for Steels. Plus Poison Touch for non-Steelies.

Anyways, I think that's a thorough rundown. Hope to be around for a while!

Hey Nyakuza! Thank you for your introduction, and very nice to meet you! Recently, we were looking at some old Gameboy Advance games and felt immediate nostalgia. The early 2000s were indeed fun! Trying to get back into the Pokemon community, we have created a YouTube channel called the Pokeballers. We hope you can check it out and recommend any suggestions!

Back