• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Regarding my post above, I am mistaken. New Leaf comes out June 9 in North America. So I am two days early. Found THAT out wandering around the mall today.

NEway, I hope we get protagonist names, finally. We shouldn't have to say "this guy and that girl" as references to our characters.

Cyclone

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Not this week. Next Week. The 16th is the episode they are supposed to have something big for X and Y...though they've said that before and have shown nothing of merit. Only recaps or nothing at all. Even Junichi Matsuda being there doesn't mean that much what with most his past exploits amounting to next to nothing.
Even with the recaps I believe this is pointing to something new being reveal this month. Also since it's about X and Y I'm guessing it's likely to not be an event unless if it's one that opens something in these games.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Even with the recaps I believe this is pointing to something new being reveal this month. Also since it's about X and Y I'm guessing it's likely to not be an event unless if it's one that opens something in these games.

If its event related, could be the opening download or something Japan related for the release. I'm going with just a recap of what we have so far for the special episode. Its onlygoing to be about 10 mins anyway. Game related stuff always appears at the end.

Guy

just a guy
Years
The thing is, the last time Masuda made an appearance they had already brushed over everything that had been released from the recent CoroCoro and nothing new has been announced since then. With a new special airing next weekend right after this month's CoroCoro is released, one could assume there might be something new related to X and Y that will be in CoroCoro this coming week. They may have released quite a bit last month, but that's only scratching the surface of what's left to be revealed.

Years
  • Seen Aug 25, 2015
I can see some new info from CoroCoro, so Masuda may be there to reveal that on Smash. Im interested in what will happen with the E3 showcase more though.

blue

gucci
Years
Well it's happened plenty of times now, even last month so I think it's pretty safe to say that Smash will just be covering what is revealed at E3/CoroCoro since they're occurring a couple of days before the episode.

Years
  • Seen Jun 24, 2013
i think your probably right theyll probably just go over what has already been given but i wish then would add some new things in maybe a new trailer for june or something

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
Come on people, it's summer! Obviously either E3 or Corocoro will be revealing something new Smash...yeah will probably go over the same thing. Usually after the boom of information it stays steady untill the release especially in the summer months where school is out and people are paying more attention. It would make ZERO sense for them to just put us in another drought especially after the boom in May and considering they barely released 10% of the game info.

blue

gucci
Years
Well as the months go on time draws closer to the release date, we're much more likely to get much more and frequent news in the second half of the year than we did in the first.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I'm betting on this month or next month to have something big, either in E3 or CoroCoro. My hopes are slightly high for the next month or so, hopefully E3/CoroCoro won't disappoint. x_X;
Oh, E3 WILL have something. Count on it. When SSBB was being developed for the Wii, they used E3 to reveal either Solid Snake or Sonic - or possibly both. I'd have to research it, but news of one came at E3. I think it was Snake.

Nintendo will use E3 to release all the glorified updates and give information. If they don't, they are being perfect trolls.

Cyclone

Guy

just a guy
Years
Assuming the translation was accurate, I'm guessing that something is to be revealed in next week's X and Y special which likely means we'll hear about it before when CoroCoro leaks. I want to guess it's going to be a new type, because that will permanently affect the battling system the most.

edit: Pretty much a given since CoroCoro is coming out soon, but a Pokémon (or more?) is said to be revealed in next weekend's Smash episode too.

t2Nv1k9.gif

Last edited:

aonshinzo

TheCoolestTentacool
Years
  • Seen Nov 8, 2014
Gamefreak must really be trying to push these games. Customization, riding pokemon (at least the basics of it), and now a revamp to an old mechanic. I'm kinda anxious of it... but they have introduced new stuff safely before (IV system and the physical/special split). I'm trully grateful that they're pushing this much for us ;)
-TO POKEMON X/Y hurray!

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
Or worst case scenario, they still won't reveal the new type and instead reveal the multi-type move mechanic from that Pokebeach rumor along with a new Pokemon (or Mewtwo Y forme, which was also from the rumor).

blue

gucci
Years
I think in either CoroCoro or E3 we will get news on New Pokemon and this new battle mechanic and then Smash will cover it but with actual gameplay of the new Pokemon and feature in-battle.

Years
Or worst case scenario, they still won't reveal the new type and instead reveal the multi-type move mechanic from that Pokebeach rumor along with a new Pokemon (or Mewtwo Y forme, which was also from the rumor).

I think in either CoroCoro or E3 we will get news on New Pokemon and this new battle mechanic and then Smash will cover it but with actual gameplay of the new Pokemon and feature in-battle.

I do hope this new Pokemon has a really interesting type combination, maybe one we haven't seen yet. But I do hope this new mechanic isn't one that will ruin the fun for me, I remember someone saying "quad battles" (4 on 4) somewhere but oh god please no more new battling formats!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back