• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Did they release details for Sky Battle mechanisms? I wonder how they could make that a unique experience.

No. From what they have on the main Pokemon site the new update to battles is the new Type. There is nothing about Flying battles.

Did anyone else notice the caption for Helioptile?

user215149_pic70993_1370985364.png

Guy

just a guy
Years
No. From what they have on the main Pokemon site the new update to battles is the new Type. There is nothing about Flying battles.

"Whoa! The Helioptile you stepped on attacked!"

Watch out GameFreak, PETA is coming to get you. lol

Oh, from that same video, I wanted to point out that it seems like not that much change has been made to the Pokémon's voices. Kind of disappointed by that if I'm honest, although not surprised.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018

user215149_pic70993_1370985364.png

Spoiler:

She's asking if the player wants to have a sky battle :b plus there's a screenie of a Haunter and another new Pokemon (probably Fletchling's evolution) in some split screen deal that would support this, since Haunter has Levitate and it's rumored that the only Pokemon to be able to partake in sky battles are Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate.

But I'm curious how that encounter with Helioptile works out. We already have random encounters and then the interactive encounters like Foonguss in Black and White. Do we see the Pokemon or is it a random encounter or...?​

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Spoiler:

She's asking if the player wants to have a sky battle :b plus there's a screenie of a Haunter and another new Pokemon (probably Fletchling's evolution) in some split screen deal that would support this, since Haunter has Levitate and it's rumored that the only Pokemon to be able to partake in sky battles are Flying-types and Pokemon with Levitate.

But I'm curious how that encounter with Helioptile works out. We already have random encounters and then the interactive encounters like Foonguss in Black and White. Do we see the Pokemon or is it a random encounter or...?​

Its hard to tell if that's a real battle or if that's something new for regular battles as well. Main site hasn't updated anything about it either. Probably won't until later tonight either which is disappointing. I'm wondering if its a new feature to replace Contests and such.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
Years
I've been thinking, do you think Mewtwo's new form could possibly be Psychic/Fairy? I mean....chibi-izing him would have that sort of effect, possibly.

Years
I was thinking the same thing! If Mew gets retyped to Fairy (it looks kinda like a faerie), then maybe the Mewtwo form would be its counterpart?

In other news: The male name is Xavier - what a badass. Could the female character be named Yvonne, Yolanda or Ysabel? :P

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Its hard to tell if that's a real battle or if that's something new for regular battles as well. Main site hasn't updated anything about it either. Probably won't until later tonight either which is disappointing. I'm wondering if its a new feature to replace Contests and such.

Quoting myself for self update XD

skybattle.jpg
Looks like a real, fairly plain battle. Only difference is they are in the air. Other than that nothing looks too different. I expected a bit more. This is why I try to leave my expectations as low as possible =C

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Same here, I expected a battle up in the clouds, with them surrounding us, not a slightly elevated battle. Strangely I'm not as disappointed as I proably should be...

blue

gucci
Years
Quoting myself for self update XD

skybattle.jpg
Looks like a real, fairly plain battle. Only difference is they are in the air. Other than that nothing looks too different. I expected a bit more. This is why I try to leave my expectations as low as possible =C

Welll the original grounded battle scene was pretty basic back in January and now look at it, there's enough time to touch up on some details before the release.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
Welll the original grounded battle scene was pretty basic back in January and now look at it, there's enough time to touch up on some details before the release.

The Ground battles are still as basic as they were in January. Not much has been done since then for them visually. I mean I was expecting something like a battle mini game or something like Pokemon Ringer from the Anime. Its literally Just a battle in the air. Looks like both the Pokemon used Fly. Not really something that's really impressive. Even Rotation and triple battles were more impressive than this.

Basically its like, "Lets have a Sea Battle!" *looks like Pokemon are battling over water* Das surf!

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
I wouldn't get too attached to the name Xavier just yet. Remember Blair and Whitlea being the names of the BW protags for the demos in the mall tours, and how they changed to Hilbert and Hilda for the final release? I know people who fell in love with Blair and Whitlea and were devastated when the names were changed. Changing names is very simple, especially in development. There's no telling if Xavier is the final name or not.

Years
In other news: The male name is Xavier - what a badass. Could the female character be named Yvonne, Yolanda or Ysabel? :P

That was actually my first pick to be the male protagonist's name! I must be a psychic. So I guess that means that they are doing an "X & Y" theme with the protagonists as well!

I could probably think either Yvette, Yvonne or even Yasmin would make great names for the girl. I'd be surprised if they picked one of those names as well cos then they would be the first protagonists I actually guessed the names of correctly!

But still, Xavier is one of my fave male names so they made a good choice there.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2014
This is the first game that made me want to buy the console. The. First. GAME
Hehehehe.
I would love to choose both, but I would choose X with the Graceful and FABULOUS Xerneas. Teehee~
Well, the Name Xavier is Good. or Maybe Xander? Xyrille?
I also love the Pokemon - Amie. My Xerneas, Shaymin and Mew. FEEDING THEM. Hohoho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back