• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Sorry for the long list (will be in a spoiler tag, don't worry!) but since wifi is getting shut down for DS games on May 20th, I should make sure I find out this information ASAP. Anyway, if I get all the Pokebank Exclusive pokemon with their hidden abilities, and all the available pokemon in X and Y that don't currently have their hidden abilities available in X and Y but I can get from previous games who do have their hidden abilities and breed them, will I then be done with needing access to previous gen games?

I just want to make sure I get everything I need to get from the old games, so I'm going to shift my focus from the available pokemon now to ones that can only be found in previous gens (so Pokebank exclusives as well as pokemon that only have available hidden abilities in previous games) so that when the shut down happens, I have everything I could possibly need from those games.

So as Far as anyone can tell, once I get the below pokemon (all with hidden abilities) will I then be done needing anything from previous gens? Or are there others I should know about? (Obviously there's the legendaries, but I don't think those will be as hard to find as some of these. You might ot think it is hard to find breedable pokemon, but it took me MONTHS to finally get a Darumaka with Inner Focus, and I STILL haven't gotten a Zigzagoon with Quick Feet, so I want to make sure that I have compiled an exhaustive list of all the pokemon from previous games that cannot currently be obtained in game with their hidden abilities so that when the shut down happens, I'm not stuck. and let's not get mired in multiple entries in the same evolutionary line, if I say Snorlax, I obviously mean Munchlax AND Snorlax line, etc)

Anyway:
    Spoiler:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
    Years
    Sorry for the long list (will be in a spoiler tag, don't worry!) but since wifi is getting shut down for DS games on May 20th, I should make sure I find out this information ASAP. Anyway, if I get all the Pokebank Exclusive pokemon with their hidden abilities, and all the available pokemon in X and Y that don't currently have their hidden abilities available in X and Y but I can get from previous games who do have their hidden abilities and breed them, will I then be done with needing access to previous gen games?

I just want to make sure I get everything I need to get from the old games, so I'm going to shift my focus from the available pokemon now to ones that can only be found in previous gens (so Pokebank exclusives as well as pokemon that only have available hidden abilities in previous games) so that when the shut down happens, I have everything I could possibly need from those games.

So as Far as anyone can tell, once I get the below pokemon (all with hidden abilities) will I then be done needing anything from previous gens? Or are there others I should know about? (Obviously there's the legendaries, but I don't think those will be as hard to find as some of these. You might ot think it is hard to find breedable pokemon, but it took me MONTHS to finally get a Darumaka with Inner Focus, and I STILL haven't gotten a Zigzagoon with Quick Feet, so I want to make sure that I have compiled an exhaustive list of all the pokemon from previous games that cannot currently be obtained in game with their hidden abilities so that when the shut down happens, I'm not stuck. and let's not get mired in multiple entries in the same evolutionary line, if I say Snorlax, I obviously mean Munchlax AND Snorlax line, etc)

Anyway:
    Spoiler:

You should be fine. Unless you want females in different PokéBalls, or egg moves that require move tutors (such as Drain Punch for Shroomish). Also, the WiFi shutdown doesn't affect PokéBank which will still work. You shouldn't be affected unless Pokecheck is the source of the HA parents you're transfering.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    So I have a question:

So if you take a Sheer Force Conkeldurr holding an Assault Vest, will it be able to use moves like Bulk Up and such? Not meaning to use it as it wouldn't be good competitively but was just curious.

Years
    So I have a question:

So if you take a Sheer Force Conkeldurr holding an Assault Vest, will it be able to use moves like Bulk Up and such? Not meaning to use it as it wouldn't be good competitively but was just curious.

If your Pokemon is holding the Assault Vest it won't be able to use any non-attacking moves.

Chocolate™

Awesome Dragon
    Years
    If your Pokemon is holding the Assault Vest it won't be able to use any non-attacking moves.

But there's the fact that Sheer Force removes the damaging effect of Life Orb and so I was wondering if it could remove 'the only damaging moves'effect of the Assault Vest.

Years
    But there's the fact that Sheer Force removes the damaging effect of Life Orb and so I was wondering if it could remove 'the only damaging moves'effect of the Assault Vest.

https://www.serebii.net/itemdex/assaultvest.shtml

The bit about Life Orb is correct, but nope Sheer Force isn't affected by the Assault Vest in any way. You are still restricted to attacking moves while it's held.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You should be fine. Unless you want females in different PokéBalls, or egg moves that require move tutors (such as Drain Punch for Shroomish). Also, the WiFi shutdown doesn't affect PokéBank which will still work. You shouldn't be affected unless Pokecheck is the source of the HA parents you're transfering.

great, THAT is something I forgot about! (the move tutor as egg moves thing) ad I know the shutdown won't affect Pokebank I was more concerned with it shutting down poke transporter.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    great, THAT is something I forgot about! (the move tutor as egg moves thing) ad I know the shutdown won't affect Pokebank I was more concerned with it shutting down poke transporter.

It won't affect Poke Transporter either.

Bad Wolf Entity

The One, The Only
    Years
    Hi, question about ribbons. I got all the daily ribbons in x and y spread around 4 different pokemon. Yesterday I accidentally got another copy of a ribbon I already had. I was under the impression that you could only get each daily ribbon once. To make things weirder, I changed the date on my DS and tried to get one of the ribbons on my blaziken but she wouldn't give it to me. Do they know when you change the date or was my getting an extra ribbon an error?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Hi, question about ribbons. I got all the daily ribbons in x and y spread around 4 different pokemon. Yesterday I accidentally got another copy of a ribbon I already had. I was under the impression that you could only get each daily ribbon once. To make things weirder, I changed the date on my DS and tried to get one of the ribbons on my blaziken but she wouldn't give it to me. Do they know when you change the date or was my getting an extra ribbon an error?

Unless I misread your post, each pokemon can only get a particular daily ribbon once, but all your pokemon can get the daily ribbons. (so for example, one metagross can get Thursday's ribbon, but only once, however, any of your other pokemon can get the Thursday ribbon too, doe sthat make sense?)

And yes, when you change the date on your 3DS it is noted in the system memory so for 24 hours certain time events are temporarily suspended. (It prevents people from all switching their Ds dates to Tuesday or Thursday on order to get certain time sensitive pokemon and so forth. There are other games that have the same limitation to prevent time cheating)

Bad Wolf Entity

The One, The Only
    Years
    Unless I misread your post, each pokemon can only get a particular daily ribbon once, but all your pokemon can get the daily ribbons. (so for example, one metagross can get Thursday's ribbon, but only once, however, any of your other pokemon can get the Thursday ribbon too, doe sthat make sense?)

And yes, when you change the date on your 3DS it is noted in the system memory so for 24 hours certain time events are temporarily suspended. (It prevents people from all switching their Ds dates to Tuesday or Thursday on order to get certain time sensitive pokemon and so forth. There are other games that have the same limitation to prevent time cheating)

Thank you, that answered my question.

Years
    • Seen Jun 17, 2017
    I want to train a poisonous snake, but I don't know if I should go with Ekans/Arbok or Seviper. Do either if them have better moves than the other?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I want to train a poisonous snake, but I don't know if I should go with Ekans/Arbok or Seviper. Do either if them have better moves than the other?

While both Seviper and Arbok are terrible, I'd personally pick Seviper. It has a wider move pool and has more power behind it. However, Arbok can use Coil + Gunk Shot.

Years
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    Vaporeon Question

So I want a vaporeon with Baton Pass and Acid Armor, But eevee learns baton pass at level 33, but Vaporeon learns acid armor at 29. Will vaporeon try to learn acid armor right when I use a water stone on eevee once he gains another level, or do I have to breed the eevee with baton pass then level it back up again?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Level up Eevee so it learns Baton Pass, then evolve it into Vaporeon. You can teach Vaporeon Acid Armor by taking it to the move re-learner in Dendemille Town. Just make sure you have a Heart Scale.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Sorry if this has already been asked, but what does it mean when a pokemon doesn't go from 5th gen. game to the bank?

It usually means that they're hacked. Some hacked Pokémon are able to bypass this, but only if they look legitimate (i.e. when they don't have an invalid EV spread). Hope this helps. :3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back