• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    How do you delete friends from the PSS? All of the people whose friend cards I've deleted still show up as friends on PSS...

have you tried restarting pokemon x/y? if you just minimized it then deleted cards then went back, it will still show.

if you did, i'd say try giving it a while, until it does one of it's refreshes of the list, then probably then the next time you fully close pokemon and reopen it, they may be gone then.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    How do you delete friends from the PSS? All of the people whose friend cards I've deleted still show up as friends on PSS...

I don't think it's possible, unfortunately. They could be removed from your friends list, though, but as you already know, that wouldn't help.

Also, I've got a question; is there a way to have the mega-stone man in Lumiose City drop his prices? Currently, they're way too expensive. :P

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    I don't think it's possible, unfortunately. They could be removed from your friends list, though, but as you already know, that wouldn't help.

Also, I've got a question; is there a way to have the mega-stone man in Lumiose City drop his prices? Currently, they're way too expensive. :P

get your stylish points maxed out.. you know it's maxed when he sells them for only 10,000 each.

#1 quickest way to max it is, go to the pokeball shop in the city, buy ~75 premiere balls 1 by 1.
    and, yes, they must be purchased 1 by 1 by 1 by 1...

that or just go crazy with your thumbstick so you start pulling off consecutive skate moves that make the chime sound spam..

but the easiest and quickest is still the pokeball shop method.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What would be the best course of action for Charizard? I hav both Charizardite X and Y and I can see how both forms would have their uses but the problem is that X is more physically oriented (or at least equal physical and special) whereas Y is Special oriented so if I wanted to swap between both forms as the game progresses or to battle different people, should I try to make Charizard a mixed attacker so I can swap the mega stones as I need them, or would it be better to have two charizards one focused on physical and one focused on special? What did you do (if you have both stones?)

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    What would be the best course of action for Charizard? I hav both Charizardite X and Y and I can see how both forms would have their uses but the problem is that X is more physically oriented (or at least equal physical and special) whereas Y is Special oriented so if I wanted to swap between both forms as the game progresses or to battle different people, should I try to make Charizard a mixed attacker so I can swap the mega stones as I need them, or would it be better to have two charizards one focused on physical and one focused on special? What did you do (if you have both stones?)

If i had both stones during the normal game story game play, i'd have 2 charizards on my team.. the physical charizard x with moves such as dragon claw, shadow claw, flare blitz, fly. then special attack charizard y with flamethrower, heatwave, focus blast, dragon pulse.

I personally like the X stone because Charizard loses it's vulnerability to Electricity and Water. Which is even useful in Competitive battling as most liekly your opponent will try to hit charizard with water or electricity on the first round, only to have it mega evolve and take the damage like it was nothing.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I think it'd be better to have two different ones. Natures can hinder or boost your ATK and Sp.ATK (don't recall the recommended natures for Charizard at the moment, maybe Adamant/Modest or Jolly/Timid), so it can be difficult to switch between physical and special. Plus X has an ability well-suited for physical attacks. And you'd rather not be switching movesets every time you battle, because that can be tedious and cost a lot of heart scales.

Ruyu

Gliscor's Biggest Fan
    Years
    • Seen Mar 4, 2014
    Where can I find a good guide for pokemon Y, preferably not video UNLESS you all recommend it very much, please PM me your recommendations as I don't check this thread much and might forget I posted here :P lol

Thanks!

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    I saw a post in the quick trades thread saying they only wanted perfect pokemon with "checked memories." I'm fully aware of the Anistar girl who can check memories, although I did not know there was any purpose nor advantage to this. Why would a person in general want a pokemon with checked memories?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Where can I find a good guide for pokemon Y, preferably not video UNLESS you all recommend it very much, please PM me your recommendations as I don't check this thread much and might forget I posted here :P lol

Thanks!

You can usually check resources like Bulbapedia, which can tell you info of every route, city/town, events, encounters, etc.

or there's the more official strategy you can buy :P

https://www.amazon.com/Pokémon-Official-Region-Guidebook-Strategy/dp/0804163219

I saw a post in the quick trades thread saying they only wanted perfect pokemon with "checked memories." I'm fully aware of the Anistar girl who can check memories, although I did not know there was any purpose nor advantage to this. Why would a person in general want a pokemon with checked memories?

The reason for this is because pokemon that have been "Cloned" will have no memories. girl will say, "the pokemon remembers it cant remember".

The pokemon's memory don't clone over, oddly. Also if the Pokemon has been Generated using something like pokegen, then obviously it will have no memories.

So this person in the trade section is just thinking that is a way they can get "legit pokemon".. however either way, both can still be fooled simply by creating a memory with the cloned/generated pokemon, such as take it into a battle or two, capture a pokemon, go shopping, or whatever, then it will have a memory.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    The reason for this is because pokemon that have been "Cloned" will have no memories. girl will say, "the pokemon remembers it cant remember".

The pokemon's memory don't clone over, oddly. Also if the Pokemon has been Generated using something like pokegen, then obviously it will have no memories.

So this person in the trade section is just thinking that is a way they can get "legit pokemon".. however either way, both can still be fooled simply by creating a memory with the cloned/generated pokemon, such as take it into a battle or two, capture a pokemon, go shopping, or whatever, then it will have a memory.
    Wow, thanks! I've always wondered why they chose to have that Anistar Girl there having an entire view of your box system when even the stat judge and hidden power checker was limited to just your party. It's also nice to know that it's not a surefire thing.

So out of curiousity, if I were to transfer a pokemon directly over from 4th gen and then to 5th gen and do nothing with it in 6th gen, would that pokemon have memories? It would surprise me if it somehow did, and it was an invisible-feature in these games all along...

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Wow, thanks! I've always wondered why they chose to have that Anistar Girl there having an entire view of your box system when even the stat judge and hidden power checker was limited to just your party. It's also nice to know that it's not a surefire thing.

So out of curiousity, if I were to transfer a pokemon directly over from 4th gen and then to 5th gen and do nothing with it in 6th gen, would that pokemon have memories? It would surprise me if it somehow did, and it was an invisible-feature in these games all along...

To be honest, the anistar memory girl isn't so reliable, because even some of my legit pokes from 4th gen don't have memories, etc.. because they were from the generations before pokemon began storing memories..

so in all honesty, with pokemon bank around, the anistar memory girl is an unreliable legitimacy checker.. it was only a valid checker pre-pokemonbank, as it could detect clones due to them having no memory.

Shrew

is a Shrew
    Years
    To be honest, the anistar memory girl isn't so reliable, because even some of my legit pokes from 4th gen don't have memories, etc.. because they were from the generations before pokemon began storing memories..

so in all honesty, with pokemon bank around, the anistar memory girl is an unreliable legitimacy checker.. it was only a valid checker pre-pokemonbank, as it could detect clones due to them having no memory.
    Oohkay. How about pokemon transfered from 5th gen to 6th? Were memories tracked back then?

Is there any ideas regarding a pokemon might have more memories secretly stored besides the one memory that the Anistar girl keeps track of?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    Oohkay. How about pokemon transfered from 5th gen to 6th? Were memories tracked back then?

Is there any ideas regarding a pokemon might have more memories secretly stored besides the one memory that the Anistar girl keeps track of?

5th generation too, and yes, i just verified it with a legitimately caught pokemon from Black 2.. they dont have memories..

memory girl is only valid for 6th generation pokemon, as that whole memory thing didn't start until X&Y i think.

If you could refer me to the trader with that requirement, maybe i can help inform them of the issues they may not know :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I'm not familiar with the story of Gen 4 or 5 games, but I was wondering why is Landorus separated from Thundurus and Tornadus in the national pokedex? Shouldn't all 3 be together, or is there some reason why it's obviously separated from the previous two?

destinedjagold

I do not exist.
    Years
    • Seen May 26, 2024
    I'm not familiar with the story of Gen 4 or 5 games, but I was wondering why is Landorus separated from Thundurus and Tornadus in the national pokedex? Shouldn't all 3 be together, or is there some reason why it's obviously separated from the previous two?

That's just GameFreak trolling with us again.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years

I think it's due to the order they are encountered.. you can encounter thundurus/tornadus roaming unova early on on route 7, while next you acquire reshiram/zekrom, then you find landorus later on in the abundant shrine.

DynamicD

Metagross Fan
    Years
    • Seen Jan 22, 2015
    Is there an easier way to get a friend safari shiny? I've been looking for a good 45 minutes and still nothing :/

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back