• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    This question regards obtaining Rotom from The Lost Hotel, if you know the specifics then PLEASE send me a personal message on how to obtain him!

From what I understand, I must search a shaking trash can on a tuesday(which today is)! I am saved in front of a shaking trash can and have been soft resetting for a while for it and only been getting Trubbish and Garbodor! I had also heard it had to be night to obtain it, which it is not in my game yet, but not sure if that is true or not and need clarification on that! So here are my questions:

- Must it be night to find Rotom from the trash can in The Lost Hotel?

- What "time" is night on the game? 8PM?

Thanks for any help! Please send any information via personal message so I can get the information. I might forget to check here, I need this help as soon as possible please, only have a day to do this!

Thank you!

Styxx

As far as i know the time doesn't matter, also bulbapedia/serebii doesn't indicate this either.. just the date matters, and Tuesday is correct. However, Rotom is a "Very Rare" Spawn, so just have to keep trying and make sure you're soft resetting with your character outside... as if you're soft resetting within the lost hotel, there's the possibility that the trashcans may be already predetermined what spawns.

Also if you just want to rule out Nighttime for sure without waiting.. just open your 3DS settings and set the time to 9PM (also make sure the date is correct). It will change the time in the game.

Last edited:

RiverStyxx

- Vaporeon Rules The Styxx! -
    Years
    I dont want to mess with my ds times, im just gonna give up for a little, take a nap and wake up and continue soft resetting in front of the trash cans :)

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    This question regards obtaining Rotom from The Lost Hotel, if you know the specifics then PLEASE send me a personal message on how to obtain him!

From what I understand, I must search a shaking trash can on a tuesday(which today is)! I am saved in front of a shaking trash can and have been soft resetting for a while for it and only been getting Trubbish and Garbodor! I had also heard it had to be night to obtain it, which it is not in my game yet, but not sure if that is true or not and need clarification on that! So here are my questions:

Thanks for any help! Please send any information via personal message so I can get the information. I might forget to check here, I need this help as soon as possible please, only have a day to do this!

Thank you!

Styxx

Rotom is incredibly annoying to catch, since it can only be found on Tuesdays in shaking trash cans (which are irritatingly inconsistent), and on top of that has a 1% spawn rate. I recommend trading for one, since they're very common on the GTS and you will be able to find a lot of reasonable trade requests.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023

Thank you!

Styxx

I have double checked sites and rotom is common(50%) but finding its other forms are 1%,the determining thing is that.... They are only found in 3 trashcans,garbodor and trubish are in the 2 other bins.so don't get confused by it :) good luck

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

Thank you!

Styxx

It turns out it only appears on Tuesdays in three specific trash cans: The one closest to the route 15 entrance, the one nearest that Boss guy (the one you need to know all the roller skate tricks to talk to), and the one in the SW corner.

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Lost_Hotel

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I have double checked sites and rotom is common(50%) but finding its other forms are 1%,the determining thing is that.... They are only found in 3 trashcans,garbodor and trubish are in the 2 other bins.so don't get confused by it :) good luck

Why does it matter if it's alternate forms are listed as 1%? You just take ANY Rotom to the second floor of Prof Sycamore's lab, examine the boxes and become whatever form you want. (you can actually have all 6 forms if you have 6 Rotoms)

Years
    Whenever I try to use the Pokemon Bank now it locks me out by saying "You previously used a different copy of Pokemon X and Y." Any possible solutions?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Whenever I try to use the Pokemon Bank now it locks me out by saying "You previously used a different copy of Pokemon X and Y." Any possible solutions?

each account can only use one copy of each game to access pokebank, do you have access to the original X or Y cartridge you used? You may need to deauthorize that copy before you can use your current copy

Years
    Problem is, I'm using that same copy with the same name and ID, and it's still showing that.

And how do you even "deauthorize" a copy?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    oops sorry, no it looks like you CAN use multiple copies of X and Y, you just need to make sure your 3DS is the same 3DS apparently and that you're using your Nintendo Network ID. If you changed your nintendo network ID since setting up or are using a different one, or are using a different 3DS, that might be your problem.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    looks like you need to open up Pokebank, get your Support ID Number and then contact Nintendo

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    was wondering in theory.. what would a Normal + Ghost type pokemon be immune and weak to?

would it be a combination of a ghost and normal type?

Immune to Fighting, Ghost, and Normal, with zero weakness?

haven't tested it, but considering Gorgeist's trick-or-treat move, it can add Ghost typing to any pokemon, so was wondering if that was added to a normal type pokemon, what it will become O:

Years
    was wondering in theory.. what would a Normal + Ghost type pokemon be immune and weak to?

would it be a combination of a ghost and normal type?

Immune to Fighting, Ghost, and Normal, with zero weakness?

haven't tested it, but considering Gorgeist's trick-or-treat move, it can add Ghost typing to any pokemon, so was wondering if that was added to a normal type pokemon, what it will become O:

If memory serves me right, here's the type matchups for the Normal/Ghost combination:

Weakness to Dark (2x)
    Immunities to Normal, Ghost and Fighting
    Resistances to Bug and Poison (both 1/2x)

Yeah not that heavy on weaknesses at all, pretty much only Dark-types give them trouble.

Last edited:

Shhmew

Years
    A ghost and normal type would be immune to ghost, normal, and fighting. And weak to dark. Sounds pretty overpowered to me hehe.

Just assuming this because, well take Sableye for example. It is part Dark, which is weak to fighting, but is still immune to fighting because it's also part ghost. Immunity always takes priority.

edit: too slow. :(

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
    thanks for the answers.. i was just pondering what if i added a gorgeist to my team in double/triple battles and had them trick-or-treat on my normal types..

or better.. trick-or-treat on a chansey/blissey/clefairy, etc.. take away their severe weakness to physical fighting and turn them into ultra walls xD!!!

and considering that dark type moves are a rarity in my experience in battles.. it could be a good thing to take away some pokemon's severe weaknesses to common fighting moves (i.e. Arceus, Snorlax, Blissey/Chansey, Aggron, and whatever else :P!)..

also i am sure most opponents will not understand/know what happened.. so even if they had a darktype pokemon or dark type moves.. they may not think/know to use them..

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    thanks for the answers.. i was just pondering what if i added a gorgeist to my team in double/triple battles and had them trick-or-treat on my normal types..

or better.. trick-or-treat on a chansey/blissey/clefairy, etc.. take away their severe weakness to physical fighting and turn them into ultra walls xD!!!

and considering that dark type moves are a rarity in my experience in battles.. it could be a good thing to take away some pokemon's severe weaknesses to common fighting moves (i.e. Arceus, Snorlax, Blissey/Chansey, Aggron, and whatever else :P!)..

Sounds like a good plan, especially on a special wall, since the most common physical Dark-type move is Sucker Punch, which is useless on a wall. Dark Pulse on the other hand is used by a lot of special sweepers, so it's not quite as good on a physical wall.

XpokeX

I'm a ninja and im..... gone
    Years
    • Seen May 8, 2023
    Hi guys,breeding question
    So im new to breeding and am trying to get a competitive shiny scyther?
    In my daycare i have a shiny Italian 5iv scizor with everstone(for adamant nature) and a ditto with 2 iv (def attack) with destiny knot,so far the scythes are got only have 2 and 3 perfect IVs,why is that?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back