• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • Ahhhhh, right! I remember vaguely now. Thanks guys for all the help!

EDIT: Better yet, anyone know where to find ANY of the specialized breeding items? I hate the fact that I've been breeding and still need a bunch of different items to make my hatched Pokemon the best they can be.

The Power items are Battle Maison exclusive items. They cost 16 BP each. And wouldn't it be easier to just use the Destiny Knot for breeding purposes?

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    What's the fastest way to gain BP for the items? It's such a chore, I swear the AI even cheat.
    Grass whisteling ALL my Pokemon, IN A ROW! How did they know I was going to switch!?
    A Tentacruel OUTSPED my SCARFED Infernape, yeah right.
    And other BS occurs way to often for it to be enjoyable.

I seriously need help :(

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    What's the fastest way to gain BP for the items? It's such a chore, I swear the AI even cheat.
    Grass whisteling ALL my Pokemon, IN A ROW! How did they know I was going to switch!?

If you've unlocked Super Singles at the Battle Maison and have a current streak of at least 20, then that's quickest, otherwise I'd say Battle Institute is quickest. And make sure you have a team that purely consists of sweepers, so the battles don't last long. The AI in the Battle Maison and Battle Institute all have Pokemon with perfect IVs and EVs (although some of their EV choices are questionable lol), so that probably explains some of your frustration.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017

Well it's pretty easy to know. If your pokemon is put to sleep and doesn't wake up right away in that turn (thanks to a berry) then obviously you're going to switch out the pokemon on the next turn. any human opponent would know that so why wouldn't the AI? That one is an obvious strategy. What battler would leave their sleeping pokemon like a sitting duck? Switching would be obvious.

Second, Tentacruel has a base speed of 100, Infernape has a base speed of 108. They're not that different, even if you both have max IVs and Evs in speed, and while you have a choice scarf, you have no idea what the Tentacruel was holding: Evelyn's Lumineon is holding an Expert Belt, Nita's Grumpig is holding Wise Glasses, Dana's Dragalge is holding Brightpowder, Nita's Landorus is holding a Choice Scarf, etc, etc) so while you may be holding items, so are all the opponents. They're not just bare pokemon.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017

Mega-Kangaskhan destroys like 90% or the Battle Maison, especially if you're able to set up some Power-up Punches on the first 'mon. Bring a cleric or some Fighthing-counters to pick up the slack.

Years
    • Seen Oct 20, 2014
    Breeding Problems... HelP!

Hi. So i been trying to breed the perfect Chansey

The parents are Ditto (HP) Chansey (Sp A, Sp D, Speed)
    Ditto holds destiny knot but im experimenting with power weight and Chansey has everstone

Ive breed 3 full boxes of chanseys... something im doing is wrong

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Good to know because I have caught 15 of those and not one a scale

yeah but has the friend that has that Friend Safari been online at the same time as you? Hidden Abilities don't show up until you and your friend have been online at the same time at least once.

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • Good to know because I have caught 15 of those and not one a scale

Like Howmander said, you need to be online at the same time as that person (person will show up blank when viewing their Friend Safari if you haven't been online at the same time as him/her). But sometimes, it might just be your luck (took me an hour to find a Charmeleon with its HA once). In order to save your time and Pokéballs, you should lead with a pokémon that has Trace ability (Ralts, for example). That way when you lead with it, it will tell you the ability of the wild pokémon.

Last edited:

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Hidden Abilities; they're abilities that Pokemon don't have normally. Some people, like me, also call them Dream World abilities because the Dream World (an online Pokemon game that can connect to the main series games) was where they originally came from.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    In ''Tower of Mastery'' , Its said that a trainer with Lucario from another region discover 2 strange stone that lead to world first Megevolution . (May be that why The Opening show Mega Lucario).
    Anyway Its said that the Mega stone was Discovered , Not invented !
    So , Mega stone was around when that trainer found it so Mega Stone must be a Natural element .
    So my question ,

1) How come there is the Natural object to evolve an artificial Pokemon like Meowtwo when The original Mew can't megevolve ???

2)If Mega stone are artificial object then who invented them ???

Well the way I always thought of it is that it's not a stone specifically made to evolve that pokemon, it's a stone that just happens to affect that particular breed of pokemon. So the way a Leaf Stone will evolve certain leaf pokemon but not others. The stone exists in nature, but it wasn't created by anyone, it just happens to affect some grass type pokemon, so the mega stones just happen to evolve specific pokemon for short periods and because they only affect those partiuclar pokemon, humans named it accordingly. (charizardite because it affects Charizard and so on)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Well the way I always thought of it is that it's not a stone specifically made to evolve that pokemon, it's a stone that just happens to affect that particular breed of pokemon. So the way a Leaf Stone will evolve certain leaf pokemon but not others. The stone exists in nature, but it wasn't created by anyone, it just happens to affect some grass type pokemon, so the mega stones just happen to evolve specific pokemon for short periods and because they only affect those partiuclar pokemon, humans named it accordingly. (charizardite because it affects Charizard and so on)

Adding, according to in game lore, the stones were made during the great war when the light from the giant flower crystal was first fired. They have ties to Xerneas and Yveltal as well as exposure to the legends is what allowed the player to upgrade their Mega Rings and search for the hidden Mega Stones.

They weren't created so say, but they are all still artificial in a way as they wouldn't exist normally. They were found mostly in Kalos because of the war, legends, and the flower death cannon thing. As to why certain Pokemon are effected, that cannot really be answered by anyone other than the team that made the concept. Outward reason, because they were popular and the team liked them enough to give them super form changes under the disguise of fake evolutions.

In game I don't think they'll ever explain as its still a huge mystery to them even though it was a method practiced in the region for hundreds of years.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back