• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    So I just got a level 1 Cresselia from the GTS in exchange for a Coblion (That doesn't sound right)
    Is this Cresselia legit?

Also I have TWO IVoooxoo Tarous, one with Intimidate and the other with Sheer Force, what is better and what Moveset should it have?

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Actually Military time is the universal system of time measurement. We all function on a 24 hour clock, very few nations use the 12 hour clock with am/pm standards. We may not be used to saying it as such, but the general time metric is through 24 hour clock which is military standard.

I jumped in to let you know before because that tripped me up before and I'm military raised. I didn't realized the 3DS systems themselves were on the 24 hour clock setting.

Melfrong said:
    So I just got a level 1 Cresselia from the GTS in exchange for a Coblion (That doesn't sound right)
    Is this Cresselia legit?

Level 1 Cresselia is questionable. Don't believe any exist below 50.

Deceit

Toxic.
    Years
  • Also, I'm enjoying this Trevenant with Harvest. Just a bit sad that it doesn't have Horn Leech yet. Anyway, what's a good movepool for this ghost tree?

The one I use that has worked really well for me competitively is this:
    Trevenant @ Sitrus Berry
    Ability: Harvest
    EVs: 180 Def/ 252 HP/ 76 Spe
    Impish Nature
    -Substitute
    -Leech Seed
    -Will-O-Wisp
    -Shadow Claw/Phantom Force

If you switch in on the right opponent and set up Sub, it will be really hard for the opponent to land an attack on you. Will-O-Wisp and Leech seed are to wear down the opponent, and the last attacking move can be either. Shadow Claw allows you to deal more damage and also has a high crit rate, but Phantom Force is also viable, as it can stall the opponent (they can't hit you the turn you use it). I like Shadow Claw more, as that way the opponent can't just switch in a normal type, but in the end it's up to you. Also, if you really want to, you can use Horn Leech instead of either, but a Ghost type move has less resistances, making it more useful on a moveset with 1 attack.
    Another note, I have seen many other moves used for this guy like Curse and Lum Berry Rest, so again it's up to you to decide whichever moveset suits you.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    How does people already have ''pokebank legendaries'' when pokebank isnt even out yet?

Japan had the Bank for about all of a day, so that's why there's PokeBank only legendaries floating around the GTS/WT.

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Is this Cresselia legit?

Also I have TWO IVoooxoo Tarous, one with Intimidate and the other with Sheer Force, what is better and what Moveset should it have?

I am not aware of a Creselia at Level 1. Dialga/Palkia/Giratina can all be level 1, as can Manaphy since it usually is encountered as an egg brought over from Ranger.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023

Both are equally okay, in my opinion. If you want to use Sheer Force though, then you should probably teach it Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Substitute, and Rock Slide. Once PokéBank gets released, replace Rock Slide with Rock Climb. Rock Climb is one of the greatest STAB moves for Tauros and it's fully affected by Sheer Force. And if you wish to use Intimidate, go with Stone Edge, Earthquake, Retaliate, and Giga Impact. For EVs, try 4 HP, 252 Attack, and 252 Speed. :p

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Both are equally okay, in my opinion. If you want to use Sheer Force though, then you should probably teach it Earthquake, Zen Headbutt, Substitute, and Rock Slide. Once PokéBank gets released, replace Rock Slide with Rock Climb. Rock Climb is one of the greatest STAB moves for Tauros and it's fully affected by Sheer Force. And if you wish to use Intimidate, go with Stone Edge, Earthquake, Retaliate, and Giga Impact. For EVs, try 4 HP, 252 Attack, and 252 Speed. :p

Giga Impact is a terrible move; don't bother with it. For more specific sets:
    -Rock Climb
    -Earthquake
    -Zen Headbutt
    -Substitute
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force

or
    -Double-Edge/Return
    -Earthquake
    -Stone Edge
    -Pursuit/Retaliate
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate

or
    -Substitute
    -Endeavor
    -Rock Climb
    -Zen Headbutt
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 8 HP/248 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb
    Ability: Sheer Force

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2014
    Purchase Rock Smash

Is it possible to purchase Rock Smash since it's a TM now? I used the TM of it from the girl in Ambrette town, and used it on my Snorlax, but I want to get a Nidoking now, and give it to him.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Is it possible to purchase Rock Smash since it's a TM now? I used the TM of it from the girl in Ambrette town, and used it on my Snorlax, but I want to get a Nidoking now, and give it to him.

TMs are reusable. The Rock Smash TM the girl gave you is the only one in the game.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Xatu w/Magic Bounce & Simple Beam, any thoughts?

I was wondering if anyone has had any experience in battles with Xatu?

I was thinking of breeding an Audino to a Skitty to a Farfetch'd to a Xatu so it can have the move Simple Beam and I have a female with it's Hidden Ability Magic Bounce... but due to the very long breeding line just to give Xatu Simple Beam.. I just don't know if it's worth the long time breeding, getting the correct genders, hatching all those eggs, etc for that..

According to Smogon, Xatu can be ranked as Uber as it could be a stall breaker and/or support and with it's magic bounce ability.. send Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes, and any other status moves back to the opposing team which seems amazing for battle, especially for triple battle where the opposing team has a Darkrai with Dark Void as magic bounce would send it right back at the opposing team.

Sounds amazing on paper, but I wonder if anyone has tried this pokemon and if it is any good realistically?

Also the reason why I want it to have the egg move Simple Beam is for my Xerneas. Simple Beam apparently causes any stat changes to a Pokemon to double.. So if I were hit Xerneas with Simple Beam on the first turn, then have it Geomancy on the next.. it will not get a +2 Sp.Atk, +2 Sp.Def, and +2 Spd as normal.. instead get +4 stages for each! or can work for any other pokemon with similar stat changing type moves (i.e. dragon dance, coil, swords dance, belly drum).

So at the moment I am drooling over this pokemon idea, but as far as I know, real battle situations aren't the same as it is in theory.. Any Thoughts?

Also which of my battle team members do you think Xatu would be a suitable replacement for if it is a good Pokemon to have? (my battle team is right below here)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Got the Shiny Charm! How much does it increase the chances?
    And does it affect the Masuda method?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Got the Shiny Charm! How much does it increase the chances?
    And does it affect the Masuda method?

It triples the chances of finding a shiny in the wild. It does affect the Masuda method too, but not by as much. The usual chance of breeding a shiny through the Masuda method is about 1/1365, and with the Shiny Charm it's 1/1024.

EDIT: The figures I gave for the Masuda Method were from the previous generation, oops! But this information still seems to suggest the Shiny Charm affects the Masuda Method: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsbxGRX9WMCldGlGLWRDV0trZXpwMDFvSFBfVkRDTVE#gid=0

Last edited:
    Years
  • It triples the chances of finding a shiny in the wild. It does affect the Masuda method too, but not by as much. The usual chance of breeding a shiny through the Masuda method is about 1/1365, and with the Shiny Charm it's 1/1024.

In this gen it don't effect when you breed.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Ah, i forgot to take into account changes in this generation. But where did you get this information? Shiny encounter rate has doubled this generation, so the Masuda Method should give about a 1/683 chance of a shiny, and yet Smogon research (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsbxGRX9WMCldGlGLWRDV0trZXpwMDFvSFBfVkRDTVE#gid=0) seems to show that the rate with Shiny Charm is about 1/443. Given that they have hatched a collective total of over 30,000 eggs, I would say this is fairly conclusive in saying that the Shiny Charm DOES affect the Masuda Method.

Years
  • Ah, i forgot to take into account changes in this generation. But where did you get this information? Shiny encounter rate has doubled this generation, so the Masuda Method should give about a 1/683 chance of a shiny, and yet Smogon research (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsbxGRX9WMCldGlGLWRDV0trZXpwMDFvSFBfVkRDTVE#gid=0) seems to show that the rate with Shiny Charm is about 1/443. Given that they have hatched a collective total of over 30,000 eggs, I would say this is fairly conclusive in saying that the Shiny Charm DOES affect the Masuda Method.

Well I been finding out on post's I read so its not 100% correct. But the info on the charm says in wild. Hope it does effect it for all the work you do to get it.

Cameo

Superior heat protecter!
    Years
  • Out of curiousity, is it guaranteed that after you get 40 strikes on PokéRadar there will be a shiny patch immediately or do you need to avoid patches and keep using radar until you find a shiny one? I was chaining Zigzagoons just a minute ago, stroke the 40th Zigzagoon and didn't break the chain at any point. But still didn't see a shiny patch anywhere and when I went to an patch it broke the chain.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Out of curiousity, is it guaranteed that after you get 40 strikes on PokéRadar there will be a shiny patch immediately or do you need to avoid patches and keep using radar until you find a shiny one? I was chaining Zigzagoons just a minute ago, stroke the 40th Zigzagoon and didn't break the chain at any point. But still didn't see a shiny patch anywhere and when I went to an patch it broke the chain.

You need to keep using the radar until you see one. 40 is just the point at which your chances of finding a shiny patch are maximized.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    It triples the chances of finding a shiny in the wild. It does affect the Masuda method too, but not by as much. The usual chance of breeding a shiny through the Masuda method is about 1/1365, and with the Shiny Charm it's 1/1024.

EDIT: The figures I gave for the Masuda Method were from the previous generation, oops! But this information still seems to suggest the Shiny Charm affects the Masuda Method: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AsbxGRX9WMCldGlGLWRDV0trZXpwMDFvSFBfVkRDTVE#gid=0

The charm gives the same flat rate for all shiny encounters. Its not one for one and one for another. It's in game information was changed in X and Y though which is leading others to believe that it may not allow for breeding.

Its supposed to increase encounter rate by 300% btw.

I don't think there is conclusive proof as of yet to state that it doesn't work. We went through this type of error in Gen 5 with Dive Ball. Based on in game effect analysis you can assume that it doesn't effect breeding since the item description says "Wild Pokemon" at the end. "A shiny charm said to increase the chance of finding a Shiny Pokémon in the wild." Though tests are being done with more than positive reviews that state otherwise.

This happened with Dive Ball back in Gen 5 when the wording was changed in its description which led people to believe that Gen 3 remakes were in the works because they though the function of the Pokeball was reverted back to Gen 3 version, but after testing it was proved that it wasn't.

All we can do is wait for the testing to finish.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back