• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I need some clarification about the IV judge. I hope anyone can help me clear the fog. :3

So anyway, I recently am following a guide of what the IV judge's words mean.
    I now understand that the first part of what he says, e.g. "This Pokémon has relatively superior potential overall," means that our PKMN's total IVs are ranging around 121 and 150, right?

I'm confused on the last part of what he says, e.g. "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat!"
    Does that mean that the stats that he mentioned are all 31IVs?

I'm confused because the guide I'm following has this...
    Spoiler:

There's none about "...can't be beat!"

Thanks~

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I need some clarification about the IV judge. I hope anyone can help me clear the fog. :3

I now understand that the first part of what he says, e.g. "This Pokémon has relatively superior potential overall," means that our PKMN's total IVs are ranging around 121 and 150, right?

I'm confused on the last part of what he says, e.g. "Stats like those... They simply can't be beat!"

Spoiler:

Thanks~

In cases like this I still really advise cashing in pokemiles for a couple hundred Rare Candies on the GL website, save right before you start levelling up, level up the pokemon between 20 - 60 (it depends on the Pokemon) and then run the stats through a calculator so you know exactly what stats it has, then just reset the game to get all your rare candies back. Tons of people say it takes too long but when it looks like when you go to the IV judge and he gives you a comment based on a RANGE of IVs, the level up method seems to take WAY less time and you get exact numbers.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    In cases like this I still really advise cashing in pokemiles for a couple hundred Rare Candies on the GL website, save right before you start levelling up, level up the pokemon between 20 - 60 (it depends on the Pokemon) and then run the stats through a calculator so you know exactly what stats it has, then just reset the game to get all your rare candies back. Tons of people say it takes too long but when it looks like when you go to the IV judge and he gives you a comment based on a RANGE of IVs, the level up method seems to take WAY less time and you get exact numbers.

You can also go to the battle institute and your Pokemon are leveled up to 50, so if you know EVs, you can narrow it down quite a bit with the calculator.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016

Spoiler:

Thanks~

I think the problem is the guide you're following has the Gen V quotes. In Gen V he says "can't be better", but in Gen VI it changed to "can't be beat". They both mean 31 IVs in those stats though.

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • I wonder if anyone can answer this question regarding the Pokemon Bank/Transporter..

If and when the Pokemon Bank is re-released, Would you be able to transfer all your pokemon into the bank, then Wipe your game/save, start all brand new Fresh and still be able to access the Pokemon you've deposited including the in-game Legendaries (i.e. Xerneas)?

Unfortunately I don't own a 2nd DS or copy of Pokemon X/Y, nor know anyone who owns a DS/Pokemon or anyone online "trustful" to hold on to my desirable/legendary Pokemon and willing to go through the long trade process of sending one by one by one.. So this option is out of question for me..

So I was hoping someone had any insight on this?

It would be nice to deposit my Shiny/Legendary and previous gen GTS acquired Legendaries, Start the game over, enjoy the story once more, and capture Xerneas, Mewtwo, Zygarde, Articuno all over again... but this time, farming each one for perfect Nature/IVs which I failed to do on my original play through. but still have access to the Pokemon I kept and possibly even use them in my new adventure (at least the lower leveled ones that will obey).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I wonder if anyone can answer this question regarding the Pokemon Bank/Transporter..

If and when the Pokemon Bank is re-released, Would you be able to transfer all your pokemon into the bank, then Wipe your game/save, start all brand new Fresh and still be able to access the Pokemon you've deposited including the in-game Legendaries (i.e. Xerneas)?

Unfortunately I don't own a 2nd DS or copy of Pokemon X/Y, nor know anyone who owns a DS/Pokemon or anyone online "trustful" to hold on to my desirable/legendary Pokemon and willing to go through the long trade process of sending one by one by one.. So this option is out of question for me..

So I was hoping someone had any insight on this?

It would be nice to deposit my Shiny/Legendary and previous gen GTS acquired Legendaries, Start the game over, enjoy the story once more, and capture Xerneas, Mewtwo, Zygarde, Articuno all over again... but this time, farming each one for perfect Nature/IVs which I failed to do on my original play through.

I would expect you can do this, because Pokemon Bank is only linked to your Nintendo Network ID, so once you've put a Pokemon in there, it loses all affiliation to a particular game, other than its Original Trainer ID. So starting a new game and transferring over is essentially the same as transferring over to another copy of X/Y, which is known to be possible. But I don't have Pokemon Bank myself, so I can't say for sure.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Does ''Mega Stone'' affect the power of Acrobatics ???
    Is that mean that Megamon can't never use Acrobatics in its full power ???

AsuraMachina

Who Am I?
    Years
  • Does ''Mega Stone'' affect the power of Acrobatics ???

Well since the specification is that if the pokemon is *not* holding an item then the moves power is increased, and the mega stone counts as a held item then yes it would affect the moves power.

I have a question about Chain fishing.
    I have just started on this long and tedious journey.
    Were is the best places to chain fish if any? Or if there is a good spot that has yielded fast results for people here?
    I'm trying to chain fish Skrelp.
    I'm using inkay's Suctions cups ability to ensure reels. and have hit a chain of 100 a couple of times and not encountered any shiny :(

Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    @PlatinumDude:

Ok, wonderful! I was very worried that my perfect 4 IV Froakie was now completely useless but I should be able to use him with another Froakie/Frogadier. Thanks again.

Ok so I've been breeding a male froakie with protean and a female froakie for 20+ minutes and all the offspring have no signs of protean yet. =(

You need one of two scenarios:
    1) A Female Froakie (Or Frogadier or Greninja) with Protean and any male member of it's egg group(Water 1)

or

2) A Male Froakie (Or Frogadier or Greninja) with Protean ability with a Ditto.

It sounds like you are trying to breed a Male Froakie with the ability with a female that does not have it. That will not work. Do you have a female with the ability?

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
    Years
  • Binacle has it as a starting move, though you'll need to use a Heart Scale with the Move Relearner in Dendemille to make it relearn it. Other Pokemon who can learn Shell Smash are listed here. Here's what I did:
    -Go to Restaurant Le Nah in Lumiose with Smeargle and the Pokemon with the move you want in the lead slots.
    -Do the double battles in Restaurant Le Nah; it doesn't matter if you hit the target turns or not. Have the Shell Smasher use Shell Smash, then target that Pokemon with Smeargle's Sketch.
    -Rinse and repeat for other moves you want Smeargle to have.

Ah, good thinking! It never occurred to me that you can sketch your partner in double battles. Thanks much!

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • I have a 4IV female tepig and 2IV male mawile (0IV in defense and low IV in speed) if I breed them, will the baby inherited terrible IV from the father?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I have a 4IV female tepig and 2IV male mawile (0IV in defense and low IV in speed) if I breed them, will the baby inherited terrible IV from the father?

It could do, you'll just need to keep breeding until you get one that inherits the good IVs (and remember to use Destiny Knot).

Ashleyx

I see food, I eat it.
    Years
  • You need one of two scenarios:
    1) A Female Froakie (Or Frogadier or Greninja) with Protean and any male member of it's egg group(Water 1)

or

2) A Male Froakie (Or Frogadier or Greninja) with Protean ability with a Ditto.

It sounds like you are trying to breed a Male Froakie with the ability with a female that does not have it. That will not work. Do you have a female with the ability?
    Now males also have the chance to pass down ability but only a slight chance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 26, 2016
    Now males also have the chance to pass down ability but only a 30% chance.

Yes, they do. But only when they are paired with a Ditto. It SOUNDED like the original poster was breeding the Male with a Female(a female without Protean).

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Which is a better choice? Power items or destiny knot?

I forgot about the Power Items actually. If you don't need one of them to hold Everstone, you should give the male a Power Item so that you can guarantee that one of the IVs passed down by the male is one of its good ones, and give the female the Destiny Knot. If you want one of them to hold Everstone though, the Destiny Knot would be better, since the parents have a combined total of 6 stats with 31 IVs, which is pretty good. Power Items are only better when both parents have bad IVs.

EDIT: Actually, it doesn't matter which parent holds the Power Item.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Does ''Mega Stone'' affect the power of Acrobatics ???

Well since the specification is that if the pokemon is *not* holding an item then the moves power is increased, and the mega stone counts as a held item then yes it would affect the moves power.

I have a question about Chain fishing.
    I have just started on this long and tedious journey.
    Were is the best places to chain fish if any? Or if there is a good spot that has yielded fast results for people here?
    I'm trying to chain fish Skrelp.
    I'm using inkay's Suctions cups ability to ensure reels. and have hit a chain of 100 a couple of times and not encountered any shiny :(

Bolded part: false. The Pokemon retains its Mega Stone after Mega Evolving, so Acrobatics isn't powered up.

For the chain fishing question: There's no particular spot in any area where you can chain fish many shinies; it all boils down to persistence and luck.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Bolded part: false. The Pokemon retains its Mega Stone after Mega Evolving, so Acrobatics isn't powered up.

For the chain fishing question: There's no particular spot in any area where you can chain fish many shinies; it all boils down to persistence and luck.

So , Basically he's right !
    Holding Mega stone does affect Acrobatics !!! Then Megamon can't never use Acrobatic on full power (110) since they are holding an item.
    Mega Stone are different from other held item So I thought Megamon can use Acrobatic on full power despite holding Mega stone .
    There goes my perfect moveset for Possible Mega Greninja .

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back