• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jun 1, 2014
    Not directly related to Pokemon X/Y, but does the old trick of putting a trade-only evolution Pokemon up for grabs on GTS, then making a GTS trade and finally retrieving the one you deposited and it evolving still work?

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Unrelated to PKMN.
    Well, it kinda is, but whatever. xD

What's a good megapixel for a camera/phone to have to capture good-quality videos while playing my PKMN X on my 3DS?

I tried my mom's 3mp camera phone. The quality was as blurry as heck. <.<
    I tried my friend's 12mp camera phone. The quality was marvelous, but the price, omg... >.>

Well you're buying a phone when you're using a phone.. you can get 12mp+ cameras very cheap nowadays.

But yes, higher mp = higher resolution/less blurriness

Not directly related to Pokemon X/Y, but does the old trick of putting a trade-only evolution Pokemon up for grabs on GTS, then making a GTS trade and finally retrieving the one you deposited and it evolving still work?

Nope. that was patched last generation.

Last edited:

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

nope.
    tried it yesterday, doesn't work anymore. :3

----------

Unrelated to PKMN.
    Well, it kinda is, but whatever. xD

What's a good megapixel for a camera/phone to have to capture good-quality videos while playing my PKMN X on my 3DS?

I tried my mom's 3mp camera phone. The quality was as blurry as heck. <.<
    I tried my friend's 12mp camera phone. The quality was marvelous, but the price, omg... >.>

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Is my math right? I can't seem to find anything on Google that gives ratios for BOTH, just Double Team OR Brightpowder but my Zoroark is strong attack wise but weak defensively so based on it's ability (illusion) I decided to give it both Double Team and Brightpowder to really boost it's Evasivenes to compensate for it's defensive weakness.

So anyway, to the point, I found that Double Team when maxed will reduce the chance of getting hit to 33% while brightpowder increases evasiveness by 10% (so presumably this translates to a 90% chance of getting hit right off that bat) SO combined together, does that mean at highest evasion, the enemy has a 29.7% of landing a hit?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Is my math right? I can't seem to find anything on Google that gives ratios for BOTH, just Double Team OR Brightpowder but my Zoroark is strong attack wise but weak defensively so based on it's ability (illusion) I decided to give it both Double Team and Brightpowder to really boost it's Evasivenes to compensate for it's defensive weakness.

So anyway, to the point, I found that Double Team when maxed will reduce the chance of getting hit to 33% while brightpowder increases evasiveness by 10% (so presumably this translates to a 90% chance of getting hit right off that bat) SO combined together, does that mean at highest evasion, the enemy has a 29.7% of landing a hit?

Basing strategies on Evasion is generally frowned upon, but yes, I think you've calculated it correctly.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Basing strategies on Evasion is generally frowned upon, but yes, I think you've calculated it correctly.

Bah, If people can't handle evasion how good are they really? ;-)

Abilties:
    https://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/keeneye.shtml
    https://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/compoundeyes.shtml

Moves:
    Aura Sphere, Aerial Ace, Clear Smog, Disarming Voice, Feint Attack, Magical Leaf, Magnet Bomb, Shadow Punch, Shock Wave, Swift, Vital Throw, Foresight, Odor Sleuth, Mind Reader, Haze, Sweet Scent, Clear Smog, Gravity, Hone Claws, Coil, Miracle Eye, Telekinesis, Roar, Whirlwind

Items:
    Micle Berry, Wide Lens, X Accuracy, Zoom Lens

I just find it funny how people are all up in arms about how raising evasiveness should be banned, yet no one questions moves that raise accuracy. If one should be banned, so should the other. For that matter, moves like Stealth rock, Spikes, Toxic, Burn and so on should also be banned because they do damage without input from the player once used. Why not also ban healing moves. Perhaps type moves too and only allow normal moves so no one gets an unfair damage advantage based solely on a poorer type match up. Sure it makes the game easier but what's the point of making everything easy? What's wrong with an actual challenge? Look at sties that ban the use of Double Team, they routinely say you need "an entire team to counteract Double Team" which clearly shows that they don't even try so they just go into ridiculous exaggerations to justify bannign one move, yet on another page of the same site suggest moves on specific pokemon to counteract JUST Tyranitar, or JUST this pokemon or JUST that pokemon. (they don't list types of pokemon, they suggest moves to specifically counteract one specific pokemon) The fact is, there's TONS of options to counteract evasiveness and anyone that can have their entire team be defeated by a surskit with double team can't have been that good to begin with. It just keeps illustrating my nerd rage with banning moves, no one learns how to counter them and they over all become poorer competitors because they have no idea how to combat things other than the approved list of pokemon that can compete against other pokemon.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Bah, If people can't handle evasion how good are they really? ;-)

Abilties:
    https://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/keeneye.shtml
    https://www.serebii.net/abilitydex/compoundeyes.shtml

Moves:
    Aura Sphere, Aerial Ace, Clear Smog, Disarming Voice, Feint Attack, Magical Leaf, Magnet Bomb, Shadow Punch, Shock Wave, Swift, Vital Throw, Foresight, Odor Sleuth, Mind Reader, Haze, Sweet Scent, Clear Smog, Gravity, Hone Claws, Coil, Miracle Eye, Telekinesis, Roar, Whirlwind

Items:
    Micle Berry, Wide Lens, X Accuracy, Zoom Lens

I just find it funny how people are all up in arms about how raising evasiveness should be banned, yet no one questions moves that raise accuracy. If one should be banned, so should the other. For that matter, moves like Stealth rock, Spikes, Toxic, Burn and so on should also be banned because they do damage without input from the player once used. Why not also ban healing moves. Perhaps type moves too and only allow normal moves so no one gets an unfair damage advantage based solely on a poorer type match up. Sure it makes the game easier but what's the point of making everything easy? What's wrong with an actual challenge? Look at sties that ban the use of Double Team, they routinely say you need "an entire team to counteract Double Team" which clearly shows that they don't even try so they just go into ridiculous exaggerations to justify bannign one move, yet on another page of the same site suggest moves on specific pokemon to counteract JUST Tyranitar, or JUST this pokemon or JUST that pokemon. (they don't list types of pokemon, they suggest moves to specifically counteract one specific pokemon) The fact is, there's TONS of options to counteract evasiveness and anyone that can have their entire team be defeated by a surskit with double team can't have been that good to begin with. It just keeps illustrating my nerd rage with banning moves, no one learns how to counter them and they over all become poorer competitors because they have no idea how to combat things other than the approved list of pokemon that can compete against other pokemon.

Evasion-rasing moves were banned in the first place because they force players to rely on pure luck rather than skill to even succeed. Items that rely on luck to activate (Quick Claw, Bright Powder, etc.) are also frowned down upon for the exact same reason.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I'm sure I've had this exact discussion on here before, but yes, as PlatinumDude said, relying on Evasion reduces the battle to a flip of a coin. It's hardly a strategy. Besides, if you're going to use such a "strategy", you should use it on a defensive Pokemon, so that you have the bulk to be able to pull off enough Double Teams.

As for accuracy-boosting moves, that's precisely the opposite; it makes moves like Zap Cannon more strategically viable since they don't rely completely on luck anymore. So really accuracy-boosting moves should be encouraged.

Last edited:

Azire

Mr. Premier Ball
    Years
    • Seen Dec 25, 2016

You can also catch Lapras in Friend Safaris.

Evasion-rasing moves were banned in the first place because they force players to rely on pure luck rather than skill to even succeed. Items that rely on luck to activate (Quick Claw, Bright Powder, etc.) are also frowned down upon for the exact same reason.

How is using moves with terrible accuracy not luck based? Focus Blast, Blizzard, Thunder, Hurricane for example. Obviously used outside of respective weather. These moves are slightly luck based but people use them for their sheer power for when they do hit.

I believe evasion is banned because people like using the above mentioned Moves. People like to see OHKO usually after SR lol. The above mentioned moves will almost never hit in an Evasion metagame. Then you have to use moveslots to combat that strategy. In short losing coverage so people don't like it. It adds depth in my opinion.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2014
    IV's Enquiry

Hey

Can anyone quickly elaborate my Porygon's IV's?
    (Check attatchment)

Are these considered good IV's? Flawed? On the way to good? Prefect or flawless? I'm new to this and still learning about it.

Thanks

Phangy

Master
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2014
    only way to tell IV's is to talk to the guy in the purple suit in the Kiloude City pokemon center. If he says a certain stat 'simply can't be beat' then it's a perfect iv.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Unfortunately the 3DS doesn't have a video out

So unless you're someone who shelled out $600 for a custom modded 3DS with a video out, Posting to Youtube is not an option for most of us and isn't a good investment unless we had an established Youtube Channel that people would watch to justify the expense.

Then where are all the youtube videos coming from???

Or is this an excuse to say No?

Anyway, if this is true, then there is an emulator out there somewhere, and I want my hands on it!

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Then where are all the youtube videos coming from???

Anyway, if this is true, then there is an emulator out there somewhere, and I want my hands on it!

You misunderstand.
    There's a website that offers you a hacked 3DS wherein you can plug it to your PC so you can do some video-recordings.
    Those people you saw on YouTube have probably bought a hacked 3DS.

It's quite expensive though... >.>

Xerneas_X

Raven
    Years
  • Then where are all the youtube videos coming from???

As i stated in the original reply.. unless you paid up to $600 for a modified 3DS with a video out...

Those individuals on youtube where you can see video showing their top screen and bottom screen outputs, they own one of those modded 3DS', they are quite expensive.
    The reason why they have them is because quite a few of those Youtube reviewers/let's players actually generate Ad/Sponsor Revenue from their Youtube Channels and actually have to pay taxes.
    So in other words they are able to justify the cost of the modded 3DS and are also able to get it as a Tax Write-Off (business expense).

The price of these modded 3DS' are:
    nearly $500 for a pre-assembled modded 3DS (Assembly fee may be included)
    nearly $250 for only the kit (if you already own a 3DS, requires sodering/modding)

And finally there's a $31.50 EMS shipping charge.

Here's the link to the company that sells them:
    https://www.3dsvideocapture.com

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back