• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A (Read First Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    You're more than likely breeding it with a Ditto. Anything bred with Ditto doesn't pass ball down and just goes in a normal PokeBall.

Actually that's not true, I breed constantly and had a female Audino in a Heal ball that I bred with a Ditto and it passed down. In fact, there were several instances over the past few days I needed to breed two lines of pokemon (one with the egg moves, one with the ability I wanted) until I got a male in a regular pokeball just so that I DIDN'T get the ball the mother was in. Males bred with Ditto can't pass down the pokeball that's true, but "anything" bred with ditto CAN in fact pass it down if that "anything" is female:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/696959-pokemon-x/67710644
    https://www.neoseeker.com/forums/60943/t1913151-ditto-breeding-which-pokeball/
    https://gaming.stackexchange.com/qu...ls-passed-down-from-the-parents-when-breeding

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    You're more than likely breeding it with a Ditto. Anything bred with Ditto doesn't pass ball down and just goes in a normal PokeBall.
    Wrong. Females bred with Ditto pass down the Ball. I bred a bunch of Level Ball Heracross with a Ditto and a female.

This is why I asked for exactly what is being done breeding the Houndour.

Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2017
    cant seem to encounter 3rd pokemon in FC

so yeah i cant seem to encounter the 3rd pokemon of any friend safaris i go in to, is there some kind of thing you have to have or do before you can encounter them?

Thanks

Sushimmi

Transformice <3
    Years
  • They have to defeat the elite four first and both of you have to be online at the same time.

...................................................................................

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
    Years
    • Seen Oct 3, 2016
    Indeed, thou shouldst be in the vicinity of another Champion in the online realm and thou shalt have access to the fabled third Pokémon.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • To add,

You don't need to be online always at the same time.

Once you both have defeated the Elite 4 and seen eachother online once, you unlock HAs as well as the third Pokemon in their Safari.

Afterwards, whether they're online or offline doesn't matter. Their Safari will have permanently unlocked HAs and the third Pokemon.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • I've bred Elekid down with Ultra Ball, so it's not the Ball.

You're probably breeding a Male Houndour in Ultra Ball + Ditto.

That doesn't work unfortunately lol

Swap the Male out with a Female and you'll be good to go.

Ditto is never female or male; it's androgynous, so if it's in the Ultra Ball, you'll never pass the Ball down. Babies will revert to PokeBalls instead.

Years
  • Sorry if this isn't the place to ask this, but whatever: what level should I evolve my Helioptile at? I'm doing a Normal Monotype that i'm trying to get through as quickly as possible (so I can get not only 200 points for Monotype in the Stadium Arcadium event, but 300 for completing the game in the timeframe of the challenge, and 800 for badges). I'm trying to think of when would be the best time to evolve it, I have the Sun Stone now so I can do it whenever I want. I'll get the TM for Thunderbolt after I beat Clemont, and am tempted to wait for Volt Switch at Level 40 but i'm not sure. Any advice? I may have already evolved it by the time you see this but i'm just wondering.

Years
  • I say evolve it now. Volt Switch isn't that really fun and games unless you're playing comps or even battle maison. However if you're playing with it just for monotype I don't recommend waiting for Volt Switch. Heliosk can learn good moves through TM's.

Years
  • Yeah I guess, Heliolisk is pretty fast (although i'm refusing to use healing items in battle and have Set mode, like I do on almost all my Monos), but if I were to switch out I do like being able to hit for more damage. For now I only have Parabolic Charge until I beat Clemont.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    So I have a question this time. Does Hatching Power stack with Flame Body when hatching eggs?

Miau

If I fits...
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2022
    So I have a question this time. Does Hatching Power stack with Flame Body when hatching eggs?

Yes, I believe they do. I've noticed that the eggs hatch faster when I have Hatching Power 3 + Flame Body, than when I only have Flame Body.

Reactions: Nah

Neil Peart

Learn to swim
    Years
  • Been trying to breed a Skarmory with Brave Bird. I read that Farfetch'd was one of the PKMN to breed it with to get the move. Well, I haven't been getting any with Brave Bird. What gives? Is it just luck of the draw?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Been trying to breed a Skarmory with Brave Bird. I read that Farfetch'd was one of the PKMN to breed it with to get the move. Well, I haven't been getting any with Brave Bird. What gives? Is it just luck of the draw?

Does the Farfetch'd even know Brave Bird in the first place? One of the parents has to know the move in order for it to be passed down.

Years
  • I figured I'd just ask here considering that the question I'm gonna ask has probably been asked before and I didn't want to make a whole new topic if that's the case.

But just a quick question, I'm trying to do Masuda Method on XY and I'm confused as to whether it works with two different kinds of pokemon from two different locations works? Like what I'm currently doing, does my Sylveon which I bred (so from the US) and a Japanese Vulpix count as Masuda?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    I figured I'd just ask here considering that the question I'm gonna ask has probably been asked before and I didn't want to make a whole new topic if that's the case.

But just a quick question, I'm trying to do Masuda Method on XY and I'm confused as to whether it works with two different kinds of pokemon from two different locations works? Like what I'm currently doing, does my Sylveon which I bred (so from the US) and a Japanese Vulpix count as Masuda?
    Yes, that counts for the Masuda Method. The only requirement is that the parents are from 2 different regions.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back