• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    So what would a better nature for Shuckle, Relaxed or Sassy? I went with Relaxed because it has two physical weaknesses against Rock and Steel (which tend to more commonly be physical attacks) and only one special weakness to Water (which tend to more commonly be special attacks) so even though all three types could be either special or physical, I went on the assumption that more of it's weaknesses will be physical than special which is why I went with Relaxed, but I was looking for opinions about whether I should go with Sassy instead. Thanks!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    So what would a better nature for Shuckle, Relaxed or Sassy? I went with Relaxed because it has two physical weaknesses against Rock and Steel (which tend to more commonly be physical attacks) and only one special weakness to Water (which tend to more commonly be special attacks) so even though all three types could be either special or physical, I went on the assumption that more of it's weaknesses will be physical than special which is why I went with Relaxed, but I was looking for opinions about whether I should go with Sassy instead. Thanks!
    I say stick with the Relaxed nature. Having it go with a +Defense nature also let's it take the 2 types it resists better (mainly Normal). Water's actually fairly evenly split between physical and special nowadays, what with Waterfall, Aqua Tail, Crabhammer, Aqua Jet, etc, so Relaxed would help it take those a bit better as well. You might wanna ask in Battling & Team-Building's Q&A thread to get more opinions though.

Years
  • Alright folks, picked up my first copy of Generation VI Pokemon game in Pokemon X. My question is this:

I know both the Kalos and Kantos starters are available for choosing when a player begins the game. Does using the PokeBank allow someone to select all 6 starters. How would one go about doing that? Note: I haven't downloaded the PokeBank yet nor do I know how it works.

Thanks!

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Alright folks, picked up my first copy of Generation VI Pokemon game in Pokemon X. My question is this:

I know both the Kalos and Kantos starters are available for choosing when a player begins the game. Does using the PokeBank allow someone to select all 6 starters. How would one go about doing that? Note: I haven't downloaded the PokeBank yet nor do I know how it works.

Thanks!

Yep. Basically what happens is you can select one of each starter, put them in pokebank, start a new game, select two more, put them in Pokebank, then start a new game and select the last 2. Having said that, there's also an online trading system where you can trade your own pokemon for the ones you want, so what would be even easier (and faster) than what you suggest however is to get two starters, breed both of them and then post them online from within the game and ask for one of the other starters and them keep doing that till you have all 6 starters.

As for how Pokebank works, basically all you do is download the app, set up an account, then when you open the app it accesses the save file on your game card (or SD card if you have the digital version) on the bottom screen and your boxes in Pokebank on the top screen and you just select what pokemon you want from your game on the bottom screen to go into pokebank on the top screen, then when you're done, save and then you're done. Hope that made it clear.

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    Does using the PokeBank allow someone to select all 6 starters. How would one go about doing that? Note: I haven't downloaded the PokeBank yet nor do I know how it works.

Howmander explained how Pokébank works, but lemme just say that before you can use Pokébank, you'll have to pay $5 to use it for a year.

Years
  • Having said that, there's also an online trading system where you can trade your own pokemon for the ones you want, so what would be even easier (and faster) than what you suggest however is to get two starters, breed both of them and then post them online from within the game and ask for one of the other starters and them keep doing that till you have all 6 starters..

I've never been into the breeding of Pokemon, nor have I understood it. Always figured it was easier just to get two starters, put them in the bank and repeat the process 3 times until you have all of them. I realize it would be the same process with the OR/AS games and the four regions of starters there. How time consuming is that wonder.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I've never been into the breeding of Pokemon, nor have I understood it. Always figured it was easier just to get two starters, put them in the bank and repeat the process 3 times until you have all of them. I realize it would be the same process with the OR/AS games and the four regions of starters there. How time consuming is that wonder.

Lol, so rather than putting one pokemon in daycare with a ditto, biking back and forth a couple times on the path until you get an egg and then swapping the starter with a different starter and then trading them, you would rather take the hours and hours it would take to start whole new new games and go through the laborious amounts of text and tutorials on how to play the game over and over again, never mind ORAS with the requirement of playing through the entire game, the bonus episode and then re challenging the elite four 2 additional times in order to get the starters! :-) Seriously, just get a ditto, and breed your first two starters and trade them on the GTS. It's literally less than 30 seconds to get an egg, and 5 - 10 minutes to hatch tops. Trust me.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Lol, so rather than putting one pokemon in daycare with a ditto, biking back and forth a couple times on the path until you get an egg and then swapping the starter with a different starter and then trading them, you would rather take the hours and hours it would take to start whole new new games and go through the laborious amounts of text and tutorials on how to play the game over and over again, never mind ORAS with the requirement of playing through the entire game, the bonus episode and then re challenging the elite four 2 additional times in order to get the starters! :-) Seriously, just get a ditto, and breed your first two starters and trade them on the GTS. It's literally less than 30 seconds to get an egg, and 5 - 10 minutes to hatch tops. Trust me.

I think that 5 - 10 minutes is pushing it, if you catch a Fletchling and evolve it up to Talonflame - fly to the centre of Lumiose you can hatch in possible 2/3 minutes :P but I'm being pedantic xD.

Either use the GTS or you could in fact just find a friend on here that has them all, or has certain Friend Safaris that allow you to get the starters (for instance I have a Wartortle, Quilladin and Frogadier friend safari. Breeding them would put you in an even better position to get the trades you want because they usually have Hidden Abilities :)

Years
  • I think that 5 - 10 minutes is pushing it, if you catch a Fletchling and evolve it up to Talonflame - fly to the centre of Lumiose you can hatch in possible 2/3 minutes :P but I'm being pedantic xD.

Either use the GTS or you could in fact just find a friend on here that has them all, or has certain Friend Safaris that allow you to get the starters (for instance I have a Wartortle, Quilladin and Frogadier friend safari. Breeding them would put you in an even better position to get the trades you want because they usually have Hidden Abilities :)

Thanks to both of you for the advice. I might have to contact one of you to help me through it once I get to that point.

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Thanks to both of you for the advice. I might have to contact one of you to help me through it once I get to that point.

No problem, just to clarify though I have added people on friend safari with those Pokemon - which means I can catch them! But feel free to PM if you want! :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    I think that 5 - 10 minutes is pushing it, if you catch a Fletchling and evolve it up to Talonflame - fly to the centre of Lumiose you can hatch in possible 2/3 minutes :P but I'm being pedantic xD.

Actually That's exactly what I'm talking about, the going in circles in Lumiose does actually take 5 - 10 minutes to hatch eggs (because different species have different hatch times) as I routinely save right before I start going in circles (because I hatch to see what I get and then reset to hatch the eggs I want to keep somewhere else because it's boring having everything say it was hatched in Lumiose) and therefore I'm very acquainted with the time on the game counter and everything takes 5 - 10 minutes to hatch with the exception of the few baby pokemon there are (Pichu, Cleffa, etc)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2016
    Actually That's exactly what I'm talking about, the going in circles in Lumiose does actually take 5 - 10 minutes to hatch eggs (because different species have different hatch times) as I routinely save right before I start going in circles (because I hatch to see what I get and then reset to hatch the eggs I want to keep somewhere else because it's boring having everything say it was hatched in Lumiose) and therefore I'm very acquainted with the time on the game counter and everything takes 5 - 10 minutes to hatch with the exception of the few baby pokemon there are (Pichu, Cleffa, etc)

I think that's why I quoted 2/3 minutes - I've pretty much been breeding Cleffas consistently for the last couple of weeks, apologies :P

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    What is the best way to increase friendship so that a Pokemon will evolve? Any ideas?

Go to Lumiose, go to any intersection or even the central tower, put the pokemon you want at the head of your party, push extreme left or right on the control stick while on your bike (so that you spin infinitely in a circle) and gently put a folded up piece of paper under the control stick so it stays there. Leave it for about 20 minutes (go watch TV, go on the internet, whatever) then after that level up once and you will be good to go. This only applies for pokemon you caught or hatched yourself, pokemon you got traded to you seem to come to you with a lower happiness so they can take a little longer.

Years
  • Just put Chespin and Bulbasaur in the PokeBank doing it the 'long way', seems like with the Kalos and Kantos starters it would be the best way to do that considering that no Ditto can be found in-game. Not sure if I'm supposed to ask for one on GTS (which I have never used by the way) though I am curious to see how it works). After seeing how time consuming it might be for the Sinnoh, Unova and Johto starters in OR/AS. I'm probably going to need help obtaining those or at least a Ditto so I can start my collection of starters.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Just put Chespin and Bulbasaur in the PokeBank doing it the 'long way', seems like with the Kalos and Kantos starters it would be the best way to do that considering that no Ditto can be found in-game. Not sure if I'm supposed to ask for one on GTS (which I have never used by the way) though I am curious to see how it works). After seeing how time consuming it might be for the Sinnoh, Unova and Johto starters in OR/AS. I'm probably going to need help obtaining those or at least a Ditto so I can start my collection of starters.

You can get dittos in the safari or in the pokemon village in those games.

Sebastian_Sommer

Rocket grunt
    Years
  • What is the best way to increase friendship so that a Pokemon will evolve? Any ideas?
    Give the pokemon a soothe bell to hold and use the friendship o-power to speed up the process. You can also increase their friendship even further by giving them the colorful shake in Juice shoppe located in the Lumiose city and also give them to an NPC for a massage in Cyllage city.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Which is the best status ailment move, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave or Toxic, in terms of which would have the fewest number of pokemon immune to it?

Years
  • Which is the best status ailment move, Will-O-Wisp, Thunder Wave or Toxic, in terms of which would have the fewest number of pokemon immune to it?

Magic Bounce is immune to all three since it reflects status moves back to the user.

Thunder Wave can't hit Electric and Ground-types, or Pokemon with the Limber, Lightning Rod, Volt Absorb and Motor Drive abilities.

Will-O-Wisp can't hit Fire-types or Pokemon with the Flash Fire and Water Veil abilities.

Toxic can't hit Poison and Steel-types, or Pokemon with the Immunity ability. Magic Guard users are immune to the residual damage.

So taking all that into factor, Will-O-Wisp is probably the answer here. While Toxic may have as much, the thing to recall is Poison and Steel-types combined have more members than Fire on its own.

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Willo is also a very good move to have for pokemon weak to physical attacks as it reduces the damage they do. Toxic is also good as its an increasing damage amount rather than a fixed amount so they'll die quicker. If running doubles or triples its good to have coverage of both otherwise pick based upon Hikamarus info above.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back