• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    How can Tyrogue get egg moves?? For Example, Bullet Punch can be learned by Hitmonchan and when you breed a hitmonchan it's tyrogue baby gets Bullet Punch and that's fine, I get it that, but how can a parent being a Lucario knowing Bullet Punch, or a Hawlucha knowing High Jump Kick possibly pass those moves onto a Tyrogue baby?? All the Hitmons and Tyrogues are 100% male

Years
  • How can Tyrogue get egg moves?? For Example, Bullet Punch can be learned by Hitmonchan and when you breed a hitmonchan it's tyrogue baby gets Bullet Punch and that's fine, I get it that, but how can a parent being a Lucario knowing Bullet Punch, or a Hawlucha knowing High Jump Kick possibly pass those moves onto a Tyrogue baby?? All the Hitmons and Tyrogues are 100% male

You can't. Tyrogue can only inherit egg moves from the Hitmons themselves since they require a Ditto to breed.

Volga

The Dragon Knight
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Mar 19, 2023
    How can Tyrogue get egg moves?? For Example, Bullet Punch can be learned by Hitmonchan and when you breed a hitmonchan it's tyrogue baby gets Bullet Punch and that's fine, I get it that, but how can a parent being a Lucario knowing Bullet Punch, or a Hawlucha knowing High Jump Kick possibly pass those moves onto a Tyrogue baby?? All the Hitmons and Tyrogues are 100% male

Are you looking at Serebii? Because I noticed that before and it does include that mistake. Like Hikamaru said, they can't, it's just an error on Serebii's part.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Are you looking at Serebii? Because I noticed that before and it does include that mistake. Like Hikamaru said, they can't, it's just an error on Serebii's part.

Yep, that's exactly what I'm looking at, but it has Tyrogue and the hitmons having egg moves from other parents from as far back as gen 4 (http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/egg/236.shtml#rapidspin ), has no one told them that they made this error? I mean, don't they not only get their information directly from the game's coding, but this is 13 games spanning almost 10 years and no one has emailed them about correcting this error even once? You'd think after them going over the data THAT many times since 2006 that someone on the staff would have realized by now if it was a mistake, right?

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    Any way to make the second screen more useful like in ORAS? If it was a map or something, or that TV tuner it would be better than amie or passers by...

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Not that I know of, I think ORAS only got it because of the PokeNav plus featuring in the earlier version of the game. Hopefully itll be something they continue going forward though as it was much more useful than whats in Y.

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    ALL the Eevees

I remember from back in the day that Eevee had three forms (Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon) and then there were two new ones, a psychic and dark variation added in G/S, but niow I've lost track, could someone list all of the Eevee evolutions and how to evolve them into each?

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023
    I remember from back in the day that Eevee had three forms (Jolteon, Vaporeon and Flareon) and then there were two new ones, a psychic and dark variation added in G/S, but niow I've lost track, could someone list all of the Eevee evolutions and how to evolve them into each?

Here you go...
    Serebii
    Bulbapedia

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    jsyk, I moved your thread into the Q&A thread. A question like that can juts go in here instead of making a whole thread for it.

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    Are there any pokemon that can't be caught in XYORAS, or is it possible to find and catch every single one of them between the four games?

Oblox

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 9, 2021
    Are there any pokemon that can't be caught in XYORAS, or is it possible to find and catch every single one of them between the four games?

Certain legendaries cant be caught (Mew, Celebi - only bank promo, Meloetta, genesect and probably others) but otherwise yes you can catch all regular pokemon.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Just got to the battle maison and it's telling me my Darkrai is banned. It's the Darkrai from the recent event. Is something wrong?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Just got to the battle maison and it's telling me my Darkrai is banned. It's the Darkrai from the recent event. Is something wrong?
    I moved your post into the Q&A thread. The one you had originally posted in was the FC sharing thread, which isn't really for questions about the games.

But anyway, to answer your question, some Pokemon are banned in the Battle Maison. It's mostly boxart and event legendaries. You can see the whole ban list here:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Battle_Maison#Banned_Pok.C3.A9mon

Those Pokemon are also banned in the Battle Institute, rated Battle Spot battles, and VGC.

Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2016
    Thanks for moving the post. I was aiming for this thread. Sorry about the mixup.

Thanks for answering my question too. I see Darkrai on that list you linked to. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    why does Mega Camerupt have an M on it's head? Where the designers THAT shortsighted that they put it on it's head as part of Team Magma or something? Whishcash having a W on it's head at least makes sense because it's name starts with W, (well, not in Japanese, but that's another story) but an M on Mega Camerupt makes no sense at all.

Years
  • why does Mega Camerupt have an M on it's head? Where the designers THAT shortsighted that they put it on it's head as part of Team Magma or something? Whishcash having a W on it's head at least makes sense because it's name starts with W, (well, not in Japanese, but that's another story) but an M on Mega Camerupt makes no sense at all.

I think they mainly did that for fun, but I do secretly think the M really does stand for Team Magma given Maxie uses it as his ace. Mega Sharpedo on the other hand has markings that remind me of pirates, which Team Aqua's uniforms were heavily based on explaining why Archie uses it.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    why does Mega Camerupt have an M on it's head? Where the designers THAT shortsighted that they put it on it's head as part of Team Magma or something? Whishcash having a W on it's head at least makes sense because it's name starts with W, (well, not in Japanese, but that's another story) but an M on Mega Camerupt makes no sense at all.
    Well, Camerupt is the signature Pokemon of Team Magma after all, and it's based off of a volcano, which comes from magma, which also starts with the letter M, so there's that I suppose. But I you'd probably have to ask Ken Sugimori and/or the other designers at Game Freak for a more definitive answer. Or maybe try the ORAS Q&A.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back