• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Why did I get a mental herb after battle? I was fighting a Pancham with my Skiddo and I had used Leech Seed and Razor leaf as attacks (if that matters at all) and I was skipping through the messages (I was levelling up and didn't feel like reading every single message) and I skim read the last message that I got a Mental Herb and sure enough it was in my inventory. I have never found an item after battle until just now, can you find the item the pokemon was carrying after battle or did something else happen? Can anyone explain what happened and how I got the mental herb?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Why did I get a mental herb after battle? I was fighting a Pancham with my Skiddo and I had used Leech Seed and Razor leaf as attacks (if that matters at all) and I was skipping through the messages (I was levelling up and didn't feel like reading every single message) and I skim read the last message that I got a Mental Herb and sure enough it was in my inventory. I have never found an item after battle until just now, can you find the item the pokemon was carrying after battle or did something else happen? Can anyone explain what happened and how I got the mental herb?

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    In some battles you may see certain things in the background (like tall grass or trees with berries) which you can destroy with certain moves and will give you items once you've done so. In your case you have received the mental herb because you used razor leaf and there was tall grass in the background.

Here is a full list: https://serebii.net/xy/wilditems.shtml

Wow! Thank you so much that is really cool!

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Did you use Game Sync? By default your Pokemiles will be transferred to the Global link when you use it but you can turn that off.

Wow, stupid again, I suspected as much. I didn't think they'd transfer from in-game though, thought they'd be like both in-game and online. Thanks.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    Wow, stupid again, I suspected as much. I didn't think they'd transfer from in-game though, thought they'd be like both in-game and online. Thanks.

And the items you buy online using the pokemiles are actually half the price they are in game, so it's actually a pretty great system!

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    Ugh, anyone got tips for how to isolate a Seviper from a hoard of Zangoose for capture? The damn zangoose keep attacking it instead of me and I can't take them out fast enough so they faint it.

I suggest using a normal-type pokemon, like Chatot, with the move "Synchronoise." This will take out all the Zangoose and leave just Seviper behind ready for capture.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Few questions about Tyrantrum:

1) Is it possible for a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum to get both Dragon Dance and an elemental fang via breeding with a Tyranitar?
    2) Which elemental fang (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Poison) is best for it, competitively speaking?
    3) Adamant or Jolly?

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Ugh, anyone got tips for how to isolate a Seviper from a hoard of Zangoose for capture? The damn zangoose keep attacking it instead of me and I can't take them out fast enough so they faint it.

I suggest using a Pokemon that knows a move that hits all opposing Pokemon but which is not very effective against Seviper, such as Acid, Razor Leaf, Sludge Wave or Petal Blizzard. Just make sure the level of the Pokemon you're using isn't too high!

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Few questions about Tyrantrum:

1) Is it possible for a Tyrunt/Tyrantrum to get both Dragon Dance and an elemental fang via breeding with a Tyranitar?
    2) Which elemental fang (Fire, Ice, Thunder, Poison) is best for it, competitively speaking?
    3) Adamant or Jolly?

Tyrunt/Tytrantrum gets Ice Fang and Dragon Dance from Gyarados. Ice Fang, despite being redundant with Dragon Claw, is one of the better elemental fangs for Tyrantrum to use, due to its good coverage. Fire Fang comes in close, but you'll have to chain breed:
    -Breed a female Tyrunt/Tyrantrum with the appropriate Dragon Dance parent until a female offspring shows up
    -Breed that offspring with the appropriate Fire Fang parent (Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, Tyranitar, Exploud, Arbok, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Salamence)

Years
  • Does anyone have any recommended guides, posts or walkthroughs about x/y breeding? I'd like to learn more about how one goes about breeding for 'perfect' stats, or even how one knows what stats are perfect and how to recognize them. I've done a fair amount of googling, but it's hard to find x/y specific guides, or ones that don't involve hacking.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Does anyone have any recommended guides, posts or walkthroughs about x/y breeding? I'd like to learn more about how one goes about breeding for 'perfect' stats, or even how one knows what stats are perfect and how to recognize them. I've done a fair amount of googling, but it's hard to find x/y specific guides, or ones that don't involve hacking.

Bulbapedia has pretty much everything, though most of the sites are still catching up to all the changes. But for IV breeding you really only need to know how the destiny knot and power items work, as well as the everstones. Everstone is easy, but here's a quick how to for the rest:
    https://kittenbytes.blogspot.com/2013/11/pokemon-breeding-generation-vi-how-to.html

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Bulbapedia has pretty much everything, though most of the sites are still catching up to all the changes. But for IV breeding you really only need to know how the destiny knot and power items work, as well as the everstones. Everstone is easy, but here's a quick how to for the rest:
    https://kittenbytes.blogspot.com/2013/11/pokemon-breeding-generation-vi-how-to.html

To add onto that, you can also go to Serebii, and I think there's a thread on this site about Gen 6 breeding.

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2014
    When does overworld rain stop? And breeding question.

I'm trying to search through hordes to find a gligar with a hidden ability, but that place (route 19) has been raining the whole time!!! D: I can't do anything!

Also, I want to know, if I breed a Nuzleaf that has chlorophyll with a ditto, will the offspring always have chlorophyll or does it have a chance of having early bird?

Thanks guys!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Tyrunt/Tytrantrum gets Ice Fang and Dragon Dance from Gyarados. Ice Fang, despite being redundant with Dragon Claw, is one of the better elemental fangs for Tyrantrum to use, due to its good coverage. Fire Fang comes in close, but you'll have to chain breed:
    -Breed a female Tyrunt/Tyrantrum with the appropriate Dragon Dance parent until a female offspring shows up
    -Breed that offspring with the appropriate Fire Fang parent (Charmander/Charmeleon/Charizard, Tyranitar, Exploud, Arbok, Tyranitar, Garchomp, Salamence)

I think I'll go with Ice Fang then. I happen to have an Adamant male Gyarados with Ice Fang and Dragon Dance. It'll make my life easier.

Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    I'm trying to search through hordes to find a gligar with a hidden ability, but that place (route 19) has been raining the whole time!!! D: I can't do anything!

Also, I want to know, if I breed a Nuzleaf that has chlorophyll with a ditto, will the offspring always have chlorophyll or does it have a chance of having early bird?

Thanks guys!

I believe the rain appears at set times of the day for each day of the week (for example, it always rains on Route 14 on Mondays just before 1pm). So try changing the time/date settings on your 3DS and find a time when it doesn't rain. Then just set it back to that time when the rain starts again!

I think there's an 80% chance females will pass on their ability when breeding with Ditto, and a 60% chance that males will, or something like that. It's definitely not a sure thing, but there's a pretty good chance.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 16, 2014
    breeding vivillon

I just got a sun vivillon(only found in mexico) and i really like its pattern. if i breed it will the scaterbug eventually evolve into a sun vivillon or become a vivillon based on my area(polar)

Years
  • Where have you seen that there is a chance? All I've heard and seen from testin is that if you breed it in your region it will only evolve into your region's vivillon.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back