• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    How can I find someone that has it? Probably through the forums, right?

And should I not have more than one pokemon type on my team? (Example don't have 2 dragon types)

Years
  • Well, it's not that. It's just that I'm not finding anything inside the garbage cans - they're not even budging a lot of the time, so is there anything else that I'm not aware of that I should know, or am I unlucky with them?

They have to be the large trash and, not the little waste baskets. Plus they need to be shaking, which if I'm not mistaken has the same mechanics as shaking grass.

Last edited:

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    How can I find someone that has it? Probably through the forums, right?

And should I not have more than one pokemon type on my team? (Example don't have 2 dragon types)

Just letting you know you can obtain it yourself, but you'd have to be randomly lucky to get it; very lucky in fact. To get Pokerus you'd have to find it off any wild/bred poke, but the rate for finding it is, I believe, 3 in 65,536. This means you'd be 3 times, if not 6 times more likely (depending on the shiny rate, which is not definite at this moment for VI Gen) to find a shiny poke than a poke with Pokerus.

So yes, you should trade with somebody who has it. I recommend heading over to the X/Y Pokémon Quick Trade Thread. Good luck!

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    Already checked it out, seems like they don't answer to the beginners of the forum :p
    Any possibility you can give it to me? Not trying to beg lol, but I'd appreciate it if you could

Years
    • Seen Feb 19, 2014
    Anyone willing to give me pokerus? Will give something special in return.
    Friend code (Nelix/Matthew): 4742-6230-5656

Years
    • Seen Jan 15, 2017
    Gonna send you a PM. I can trade you a Pokémon with Pokerus for you, if you're still looking.

~RNC~

Mother Of All Pokemon!!
    Years
  • Well since this is on my 6th gen. game I will ask this question here, how can a pokemon hatched from the DC be in a ball different than the pokeball I am used to? I only ask this because I have never seen it in any other gen.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Well since this is on my 6th gen. game I will ask this question here, how can a pokemon hatched from the DC be in a ball different than the pokeball I am used to? I only ask this because I have never seen it in any other gen.
    I believe the hatched Pokemon takes on the Ball of the mother, barring the Cherish Ball.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    This is something that I've never actually known: how does the DayCare get rid of moves? Does the placement of the moves matter? Trying to breed egg moves gets a bit tricky when breeding with Pokemon that level up and learn moves quickly.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    This is something that I've never actually known: how does the DayCare get rid of moves? Does the placement of the moves matter? Trying to breed egg moves gets a bit tricky when breeding with Pokemon that level up and learn moves quickly.

From what I've seen they go in order and replace the oldest move with a newer move. Egg Moves replace moves they'd normally inherit, so if a Pokemon normally inherits 5 moves, you always get the last 4 unless both parents have the first inherited move, then the breeding mechanics kick in.

So all things that become egg moves override the inherited moves.

As for breeding, the only way I've been able to successfully breed moves is to level the Pokemon I'm getting the moves from to the level where they cannot learn anymore moves. From there, I go on mass genocide vs Luvdisc and steal all their heart scales so I can change the move sets of the parents to breed moves onto the children.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    So if I put say one of the egg moves in the first move slot, it wouldn't necessarily get replaced first?

I've been leveling up to a certain point, deleting 2-3 of the non-egg moves, and soft resetting before they can learn more than 4 moves, which is really annoying.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 23, 2016
    Say, I've heard that there are Pokémon that are found in trash cans in certain areas, such as the Lost Hotel. However, I've thoroughly searched the cans without even so much as a peep from them. Is there a trick to getting Pokémon out of trash cans? Or is there a huge cloud of bad luck looming over my head?

To answer your question more comprehensively:

There is no trick, as far as i know. Trash can Pokemon are just painfully rare. I got lucky and found a Banette on my first visit to the Pokemon Village, but it took me days of constant searching to find a Garbordor (i'd maybe encounter one shaking trash can per day, and that would usually turn out to be an item). I didn't even bother with Rotom; i just got one from the GTS instead. In fact, if you're still finding it impossible to find any, i'd recommend you use the GTS for all of them.

BossBattle

Legend Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2013
    So if I put say one of the egg moves in the first move slot, it wouldn't necessarily get replaced first?

I've been leveling up to a certain point, deleting 2-3 of the non-egg moves, and soft resetting before they can learn more than 4 moves, which is really annoying.

The daycare removes the move at the top slot when the poke hits a level where they would learn a new move. For example:

Lets say you have a Hitmonchan in the DC with this moveset:
    (In this exact order as it appears when you view it's summary page)
    -Fire Punch [X]
    -Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Mach Punch [O]

The [X] represents the top slot, the slot where the move will be replaced.
    The [O] represents the bottom slot, the slot where you'd place the move you'd prioritize to keep.

When Hitmonchan hits level 41 he learns Sky Uppercut, and lets say he did while in the DC, his move set will then be altered to look like this to include the new changes.

-Ice Punch
    -Thunder Punch
    -Mach Punch
    -Sky Uppercut

There is one other thing to note, a great thing in fact. In this Gen GF finally decided to allow pokes, that did learn eggs moves, to be able to have them relearned at the move relearner! So if you did slip up the placement, no sweat, you can just fly to the move relearner and relearn the lost egg move! ^^

Last edited:

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    do i have to wait until the pokebank to be able to get a rough skin garchomp?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Not sure if it's related to the game, but I need help trying to download the new patch for my Pokémon Y. It doesn't have a download button at the eshop, only a "To Update Screen" button, which asks me for my zip code and location.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back