• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death

The Pale Horseman
Years
  • Does anyone know if the Friend Safari Zones have set natures for pokes. I seem to run into the same nature ones.

Also, What was the berry that was lowers base attack and where is it in X

The natures aren't set in the Friend Safari.

I believe the berry you are looking for is the Kelpsy Berry. You can get this berry via mutation by planting a chesto and persim berry side by side. You can use surprise mulch to increase the chances of mutation. More from this guide from Serebii.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • The natures aren't set in the Friend Safari.

I believe the berry you are looking for is the Kelpsy Berry. You can get this berry via mutation by planting a chesto and persim berry side by side. You can use surprise mulch to increase the chances of mutation. More from this guide from Serebii.

I thought the Kelpsy berry just raised the attack stat by one. -_- smh I feel stupid now lol

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Florges is a decent special-based attacker, so I'd give it two-five-two EVs to its Special Attack. Florges, is also quite fast, so I'd give it two fifty-two Speed EVs to make it even faster. The other four EVs could be given to its Sp. Defense. Either that, or you could use them to raise its health a bit. Also, I know that you didn't ask for a moveset or anything, buuut… I'd still like to suggest that you should go with Calm Mind, Magical Leaf, Psychic, and Moonblast. Calm Mind could be used to boost your special stats. With Magical Leaf, you could take out a variety of water, rock, and ground Pokémon. Psychic would lend you the power to defeat fight-types. And with Moonblast, you'll have the chance to make any Pokémon disappear that are either dragon or dark.

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Can mega stones be traded in any way? I'm told they can't go through gts and wonder trade, but what can they go through?

Years
  • Can mega stones be traded in any way? I'm told they can't go through gts and wonder trade, but what can they go through?

Mega Stones are just like any other held item, so that means they can be traded. I don't understand why they would block them on those trading services though.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2015
    Why am I unable to particpate in Rating Battles on the Battle Spot anymore? I continue to get the message I have 1 Pokemon that is unable to particpate. All the Pokemon I currently have is the same one that has been working for the past few days but suddenly I am unable to do Rating Battles anymore?

ramibas299

GOTTA CATCH EM' ALL!!
    Years
  • Yeah you don't want speed on Aegislash. You want it to move last. If you experience battling with it enough, you'll understand why.

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    Why am I unable to particpate in Rating Battles on the Battle Spot anymore? I continue to get the message I have 1 Pokemon that is unable to particpate. All the Pokemon I currently have is the same one that has been working for the past few days but suddenly I am unable to do Rating Battles anymore?
    Perhaps they realized a specific pokemon was too overpowered for online play (such as Aegislash?)

I'm new to IV breeding. I read somewhere that in Gen V and below that you could only transfer 3 IVs from both parents total. But then on some guide for breeding a flawless pokemon in X/Y, they implied that you could pass all 6 IVs if you use the destiny knot or something. Is this true? Can more than 3 IVs be passed total between the 2 parents? I have been getting 3 at most while my Ditto holds Destiny knot and my other pokemon holds everstone for nature purposes.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 25, 2014
    Team Flare Bag?

I was EV training my Noivern, and I got a Team Flare bag, can anyone help me out and tell me what it does? Thanks xD!

I.T.

The Pokémon Cartel
    Years
  • Another quick EV spread question. I have a Impish Leafeon and I don't know whether to max out it's Defense stat or it's Speed stat instead. I already maxed out his Attack stat for obvious reasons but I don't know what else I should max out.

The move set I have planned for the little guy is:
    -Leaf Blade
    -Yawn
    -Swords Dance
    -Last Resort

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2018
    Another quick EV spread question. I have a Impish Leafeon and I don't know whether to max out it's Defense stat or it's Speed stat instead. I already maxed out his Attack stat for obvious reasons but I don't know what else I should max out.

-Leaf Blade
    -Yawn
    -Swords Dance
    -Last Resort

Personally, this moveset isn't that good for online play. Pokemondb has great moveset suggestions for all pokemon (by the community). But since you are using this moveset, I would suggest putting the remaining EVs into Defense because of the move Yawn. You will want to be able to defend as much as possible while that yawn is up so you can get sword dances off and use leaf blade.

Note: It's speed stat is fair, so you don't need to desperately apply EVs to speed. Since the defense has a nature in its favor, I would suggest adding a lot of EVs to special defense (Preferably all 252) as Leafeon's special defense is quite harsh.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Another quick EV spread question. I have a Impish Leafeon and I don't know whether to max out it's Defense stat or it's Speed stat instead. I already maxed out his Attack stat for obvious reasons but I don't know what else I should max out.

-Leaf Blade
    -Yawn
    -Swords Dance
    -Last Resort

Personally, this moveset isn't that good for online play. Pokemondb has great moveset suggestions for all pokemon (by the community). But since you are using this moveset, I would suggest putting the remaining EVs into Defense because of the move Yawn. You will want to be able to defend as much as possible while that yawn is up so you can get sword dances off and use leaf blade.

Note: It's speed stat is fair, so you don't need to desperately apply EVs to speed. Since the defense has a nature in its favor, I would suggest adding a lot of EVs to special defense (Preferably all 252) as Leafeon's special defense is quite harsh.
    I disagree. Leafeon's special bulk as a whole is mediocre so it's not worth investing in. You're better off investing in its Speed AND bulk for a balance of power, speed and ability to take hits:
    -Swords Dance
    -Leaf Blade
    -Substitute/Double-Edge/Return
    -Baton Pass
    Nature: Jolly
    EVs: 136 HP/120 Atk/252 Spe or 160 HP/124 Atk/224 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Years
  • A Question About Friend Safari?

So, my question is:

Am I able to access a person's friend safari if they haven't added me back? So for example, if I see a Friend Code on the internet and add it, but they haven't added mine yet, am I still able to see them on the Friend Safari etc.?

Thanks. :)​

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back