• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Hi.......I have another question - if I want a Staryu/ Starmie who knows Recover and Rapid Spin.....is this impossible to achieve with one of the Staryu caught on route 8 (already level 25), who don't know either of those moves? Do I have to breed it? Will it learn when I evolve it into Starmie or not?

Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2020
    Anyone know how to use the Vs Recorder?

So, I had this epic pokemon battle that was unbelievable and awesome. Anyway, I uploaded it as my video from my vs recorder. I'm not sure how to send it to my friend, or what he has to do to see it. If anyone has experience with this, could you help me understand how it works?

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • This should be in the quick questions thread. You get the number, a long string of digits in the video's description on your Vs. Recorder after uploading it, and give that to your friend.

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    Here was my question.....I think it got cut off from the other page, and no one would have seen it.

Hi.......I have another question - if I want a Staryu/ Starmie who knows Recover and Rapid Spin.....is this impossible to achieve with one of the Staryu caught on route 8 (already level 25), who don't know either of those moves? Do I have to breed it? Will it learn when I evolve it into Starmie or not?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Here was my question.....I think it got cut off from the other page, and no one would have seen it.

You have to bring Staryu to the Move Relearner to give it Rapid Spin and Recover. Even if Staryu evolves into Starmie, Rapid Spin and Recover remain as its Heart Scale moves.

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Anyone know the exact odds of breeding down a hidden ability? Does this go up if both parents have it?

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • Anyone know the exact odds of breeding down a hidden ability? Does this go up if both parents have it?

I dont know the exact odds but the father has less of a chance....much less.

I bumped because I have the same question with a twist.

I was breeding Eevee and Vulpix(drought)

When I got a male Vulpix(drought) I started breeding with a female timid Vulpix ( no drought) but that had an everstone. And I have not been so lucky since.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    I find it weird, because I've caught a Hasty Riolu in my game weeks ago. Are its IVs fixed as well?

Idk, but you can always IV breed Riolus if you want a useful Lucario :P
    Oh and I don't think a wild Riolu has anything to do with this, was probably just a coincidence.

My question: Is there a list of new chain breeding egg moves yet? I know Noibat gets Switcheroo.
    I was also wondering if there's a list of the new egg move combinations since both parents can pass them down now. (Mainly caring about competitive viable stuff)

Edit: Nevermind, see my post below

Last edited:

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I find it weird, because I've caught a Hasty Riolu in my game weeks ago. Are its IVs fixed as well?

Riolu that can be caught in the wilds have nothing to do with the Lucario that Korrina gave you.
    It's just a coincidence that they share the same Nature.
    Everything you can find in the wilds do not have their Nature and IV fixed until you encounter them in battle, not sure about The Mirage Birds tho.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Idk, but you can always IV breed Riolus if you want a useful Lucario :P
    Oh and I don't think a wild Riolu has anything to do with this, was probably just a coincidence.

My question: Is there a list of new chain breeding egg moves yet? I know Noibat gets Switcheroo.
    I was also wondering if there's a list of the new egg move combinations since both parents can pass them down now. (Mainly caring about competitive viable stuff)

There's one regarding Toxic Spikes.

Breeding a male Tentacool with a female Omanyte may yield an offspring Omanyte with Toxic Spikes. Breeding that (male) Omanyte/Omastar with a female Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja will yield an offspring Froakie with Toxic Spikes.

Reactions: Sun
    Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2014
    hey guy and gals,

Apologies if already posted, but here are my questions in relation to IV breeding;

So, lets just say i have a ditto with HP Ivs holding Power Item(hp). I breed it with a eevee with an attack IV, holding everstone.

My issue is, the ditto isn't passing the hp to the eevee offspring. In some cases it does, but the eevees dont have that attack IV either.

Is this due to chance? Does this mean that the power items in X/Y don't pass down the Iv's 100% of the time?

What would be the chance of getting an eevee offspring to have both HP and attack?

And what is more effective in passing down IV's: destiny knot or power items?

Years
    • Seen Apr 14, 2014
    a lot of people telling me to use skarmory is good but is talonflame better with its gale wings abilty. and can i get gale wings on to skarmory?

a lot of people telling me to use skarmory is good but is talonflame better with its gale wings abilty. and can i get gale wings on to skarmory? pm me if u can tell me whats good to use

a lot of people telling me to use skarmory is good but is talonflame better with its gale wings abilty. and can i get gale wings on to skarmory? pm me if u can tell me whats good to use

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    a lot of people telling me to use skarmory is good but is talonflame better with its gale wings abilty. and can i get gale wings on to skarmory?

Both are good Pokémon, but one specializes defensively and the other is better on the offensive side. Skarmory—its defenses are quite large and can endure a ton of hits for you. It has access to Roost as well, so whenever its health is down, it could recover itself instantly. As for Talonflame, you're better off using it as an attacker. It's got a variety of damage-dealing moves in its arsenal, so, yeah. And no, Skarmory cannot have Gale Wings. Keen Eye, Sturdy, and Weak Armor are the only abilities that it's able to have. d: Weak Armor is its hidden ability, though. If you want it to have this ability, then you'd have to capture Skarmory from Friend Safari.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back