• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
  • a lot of people telling me to use skarmory is good but is talonflame better with its gale wings abilty. and can i get gale wings on to skarmory?

a lot of people telling me to use skarmory is good but is talonflame better with its gale wings abilty. and can i get gale wings on to skarmory? pm me if u can tell me whats good to use

a lot of people telling me to use skarmory is good but is talonflame better with its gale wings abilty. and can i get gale wings on to skarmory? pm me if u can tell me whats good to use

Building on to Perdition's reply, Weak Armor comprises/weakens Skarmory's good Defense, so it's not worth using. Sturdy is the better option.

Some sets:

Skarmory:
    -Spikes
    -Whirlwind
    -Roost
    -Brave Bird/Taunt
    Nature: Impish/Careful
    EVs: 224 HP/252 Def/32 SDef or 224 HP/32 Def/252 SDef
    Item: Leftovers
    Ability: Sturdy

Talonflame:
    -Swords Dance
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brave Bird
    -Roost/Will-o-Wisp/Tailwind
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 192 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/60 Spe
    Item: Life Orb/Sharp Beak/Sky Plate
    Ability: Gale Wings

or
    -Flare Blitz
    -Brave Bird
    -U-turn
    -Will-o-Wisp/Tailwind
    Nature: Adamant
    EVs: 192 HP/252 Atk/4 Def/60 Spe
    Item: Choice Band

or
    -Bulk Up
    -Brave Bird
    -Roost
    -Substitute/Will-o-Wisp
    Nature: Careful
    EVs: 212 HP/4 Atk/232 SDef/60 Spe
    Item: Leftovers

Sevynn

Red like roses ♥
    Years
  • Hey Guys, so I'm a bit iffy with the team I have at the moment. Sometimes I switch pokemon for different pokemon and I get off lucky that I made the right decision when I go into a friend battle. I've finished IV breeding and EV training my Jolteon (One of my fav pokes I must have on my team ><) and Im not sure which pokemon to IV breed next?

So far my team is : Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Jolteon, Lucario, Scizor.
    Although I'm not sure with this team set. I was thinking of opting out some pokemon here and there, as I know I have a few weaknesses among my team. Anyone willing to give me a hand or some help I'd really appreciate it so much ><.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    Hey Guys, so I'm a bit iffy with the team I have at the moment. Sometimes I switch pokemon for different pokemon and I get off lucky that I made the right decision when I go into a friend battle. I've finished IV breeding and EV training my Jolteon (One of my fav pokes I must have on my team ><) and Im not sure which pokemon to IV breed next?

So far my team is : Charizard, Venusaur, Blastoise, Jolteon, Lucario, Scizor.
    Although I'm not sure with this team set. I was thinking of opting out some pokemon here and there, as I know I have a few weaknesses among my team. Anyone willing to give me a hand or some help I'd really appreciate it so much ><.

Let's see… well, if I were you, next Pokémon that I would most like breed or EV train is Scizor. Out of all Pokémon that you've listed, Scizor's gotta be one of the most useful, so you should maximize its strength as soon as you can. For its moveset, try going with Bullet Punch, Superpower, U-Turn, and Swords Dance. If you're wanting to utilize it as a revenge-killer, then replace Swords Dance with Pursuit and have it hold onto a Choice Band. After Scizor, you should probably start working on Lucario. This Pokémon would be a great assist to you—just as much as Scizor. I've used Lucario in many of my battles before, and had great success. (:

Years
  • Well I was battling this guy, and before my Gourgeist got the final kill my 3DS said "Communication with the other Trainer was Interrupted" and after that the battle immediately ended, then his PSS icon says he's still battling, and after 5 minutes the icon still says he's battling(usually if he/me got DC'd, the icon will just be normal, I mean without the battle icon).

Did that guy just raged quit on me? Or I am the one that got DC'ed?

Last edited:

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • Well I was battling this guy, and before my Gourgeist got the final kill my 3DS said "Communication with the other Trainer was Interrupted" and after that the battle immediately ended, then his PSS icon says he's still battling, and after 5 minutes the icon still says he's battling(usually if he/me got DC'd, the icon will just be normal, I mean without the battle icon).

Did that guy just raged quit on me? Or I am the one that got DC'ed?

The communications errors are really vague, so it's difficult to tell. But the icons showing the current activity do sometimes take a while to update after a change. Not sure the exact reason, but likely some communication between the game and server being interrupted. Best to give them the benefit of the doubt on this and assume it's some common flaw in the communications.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    There's one regarding Toxic Spikes.

Breeding a male Tentacool with a female Omanyte may yield an offspring Omanyte with Toxic Spikes. Breeding that (male) Omanyte/Omastar with a female Froakie/Frogadier/Greninja will yield an offspring Froakie with Toxic Spikes.

I knew that already but thanks for the answer :) Actually I've found two egg move lists that are pretty useful:
    https://www.serebiiforums.com/showt...mp-Y-Discovery-Thread&p=16592460#post16592460
    https://www.serebiiforums.com/showt...mp-Y-Discovery-Thread&p=16593260#post16593260

hey guy and gals,

Apologies if already posted, but here are my questions in relation to IV breeding;

So, lets just say i have a ditto with HP Ivs holding Power Item(hp). I breed it with a eevee with an attack IV, holding everstone.

My issue is, the ditto isn't passing the hp to the eevee offspring. In some cases it does, but the eevees dont have that attack IV either.

Is this due to chance? Does this mean that the power items in X/Y don't pass down the Iv's 100% of the time?

What would be the chance of getting an eevee offspring to have both HP and attack?

And what is more effective in passing down IV's: destiny knot or power items?

Are you 100% sure that the attack IV of the Ditto is 31? The characteristic in the Pokemon menu could indicate other IV numbers as well. Check with the NPC in Kiloude's Pokemon center.
    I'm pretty sure the power items are still 100%. Same as everstone.
    To answer your last question: I usually use the power items until I have about 3 perfect IVs on one parent, and after that I go with the destiny knot. So you might wanna start with the power items and then directly switch to DK. I don't know if it's the best possible method, but it works pretty well for me.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2015
    I don't want to break any rules here so I will ask the question here first. I am in desperate need of a Ditto Friend Safari, so I am offering up a perfect froakie (31/x/31/31/31/31 ) to anyone with a ditto friend safari who adds me. Would I get in trouble for making a thread about this?

Years
    • Seen Mar 20, 2014
    I have a question. I'm very new to the concept of IVs and EVs. I would like to raise the Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed EVs of many of the pokemon on my team, as it seems they take an inordinate amount of damage and are uncharacteristically slower in some of my battles online.

However, I understand that in Super-training, some of the punching bags reset EVs? Which ones should I be wary of if I want to raise the aforementioned EVs? Is there a danger of accidentally acquiring too many EVs or reducing others?

arinceo

Eat, Sleep, Pokemon
    Years
  • I have a question. I'm very new to the concept of IVs and EVs. I would like to raise the Defense, Sp. Defense, and Speed EVs of many of the pokemon on my team, as it seems they take an inordinate amount of damage and are uncharacteristically slower in some of my battles online.

However, I understand that in Super-training, some of the punching bags reset EVs? Which ones should I be wary of if I want to raise the aforementioned EVs? Is there a danger of accidentally acquiring too many EVs or reducing others?

The only punching bags that reset EV's are called reset bags. Just don't use those and you'll be fine. Increasing EV's in one stat will never decrease them in another either.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Has anyone been able to obtain any Apricorn Balls through normal gameplay in XY? Thanks in advance for the response.

The Apricorn Balls are only available in Gold/Silver/Crystal/HeartGold/SoulSilver. They're not available anywhere else.

Rabski_Melt

There can only be one.
    Years
  • What's a shiny value and how can I find out mine?

Depends on how easy it is to get the shiny.

Fishing shinies are more common than ones obtained through breeding for example.

And it all depends on the person you are trading to. If you wait you will find a collector who will offer more than for example a person who is a an "aggressive" market trader.

Years
    • Seen Apr 16, 2015
    Can someone explain to me how this guy is making flawlwss iv mons by using 2 destiny knots first. Then go for nature? I only 1 knot would work anyways.

Years
  • Depends on how easy it is to get the shiny.

Fishing shinies are more common than ones obtained through breeding for example.

And it all depends on the person you are trading to. If you wait you will find a collector who will offer more than for example a person who is a an "aggressive" market trader.

I believe the shiny value he's asking about is the one made popular by reddit recently.

An article on how to find it is here: https://au.ibtimes.com/articles/523645/20131120/pokemon-x-y-pokeanalysis-shiny-hatcher-community.htm

Years
  • Do the Cut trees in Pokémon Village serve any purpose other than being pointless filler? I was wondering if anything happens if you cut them down or such.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back