• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
Years
  • If you breed, like continuously, you can get a better one with ATK, Sp.D and Speed. And according to Smogon, Sand Veil is banned from its competitive play.

How doesn't that answer you question exactly? o.o He says 252 is the max.

Only for Smogon, in Spot Battles sand veil is allowed. Rating battles only ban legendary pokemon. I have a perfect IV Garchomp I use in rating battles a lot right now.

§1

Rocket grunt
    Years
    • Seen Sep 1, 2022
    How doesn't that answer you question exactly? o.o He says 252 is the max.

no he didnt. all he said was, that it would be pointless for it to not be the max...he implied that it was the max, but did not specifically answer my question.

and judging by what you implied, i guess i now have a more conclusive answer.

Fennikin wants to learn Psybeam. Should it forget Scartch, Ember, Flamecharge or Howl?

get rid of scratch

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Only for Smogon, in Spot Battles sand veil is allowed. Rating battles only ban legendary pokemon. I have a perfect IV Garchomp I use in rating battles a lot right now.
    I did try to specify for Smogon's play, but I guess that becomes irrelevant if you're playing battle spot haha. And I guess you would know better than I, I'm not actually sure what Smogon's relationship to competitive play is.

Regardless, as OP can probably guess, only run Sand Veil if you're actually running Sandstorm.

KittenKoder

I Am No One Else
    Years
  • I did try to specify for Smogon's play, but I guess that becomes irrelevant if you're playing battle spot haha. And I guess you would know better than I, I'm not actually sure what Smogon's relationship to competitive play is.

Regardless, as OP can probably guess, only run Sand Veil if you're actually running Sandstorm.

Yeah, the Smogon standards are not game standards, they are two different things. I never understood the sand veil being banned either, because, as you pointed out, it's useless without sandstorm and the fact you have to use a move for Garchomp to get it started means you have a good chance of knocking it out before it can do anything.

Garchomp is powerful, but difficult to work with if your opponent is wise on weaknesses and stats. As much as I love my Toothless, she gets knocked out before doing any damage about half the time.

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
    Years
  • There are a few IV calculators you can use to work out the individual IVs for GenVI, but because any pokémon caught in the Friend Safari is guaranteed 2 max IVs it's actually quicker to use the Stats Judge in the Kiloude City Gym.

If you speak to the Stats Judge in Kiloude, he'll say "stats like that can't be beat" if you have a full 31 in a particular IV and will mention each IV thats at 31. I've been using this as a guide and now have 5 pokémon with 5 full IVs.

Here is a guide to the Judge: https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Stats_judge

While thats fine and dandy. I need to the breakdown of each IV. I know catching in the FS gives you 2 31 IVs I need the know the rest of them to see if which to breed together.

Years
    • Seen Sep 29, 2021
    While thats fine and dandy. I need to the breakdown of each IV. I know catching in the FS gives you 2 31 IVs I need the know the rest of them to see if which to breed together.

Okay, let me try to explain it.
    The only value that matters when IV breeding for the best possible stats is 31. (except for 0 IVs in speed if you're playing Gyro Ball or something :P)
    So you obviously want as many 31-IVs as possible.
    You only need to know if an IV is 31 or not 31, and that's what the judge tells you. So usually, you don't need IV calculators on the internet since all IVs between 0 and 30 are considered "not usable".
    If you really don't care about getting the maximum potential of IVs, then you can just go with a calculator and a Pokemon with relatively high IVs would be fine. However, most people want to have the maximum which is only possible if you go for the 31's.

DracoLatch

http://www.pokecommunity.com/s
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2022
    What evs and moves should I use for these mons?

Ninestales with calm nature
    Mega charizard x with hardy nature
    blaziken with mild nature
    lucario with timid nature
    stararaptar with naughty nature
    frogaider with quiet nature

oh and garchomp

Last edited:

Incinermyn

The Abomination Lives!!!
    Years
  • Something's been bugging me... I've been getting a lot of Pokemon with Hidden Abilities on the GTS lately, but I'm concerned because I'm not sure how to get Pokemon with Hidden Abilities on my own. Are these Pokemon legit Pokemon you can get in Pokemon X and Y at some point, or are they hacked? I'd be really upset if they're hacked especially since I just got a Goomy with the Hidden Ability Gooey. (I should note, I haven't beaten Pokemon X yet.)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today

oh and garchomp

Just google [insert Pokemon's name here] smogon (I'm not writing sets for all those Pokemon), and you'll get what you need. One thing, though; your Lucario should be a Mega Lucario with this set:
    (Mega) Lucario w/Lucarionite
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 Sp.Defense
    Ability: Adaptibility
    Nature: Timid
    Moves: Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Extreme Speed/Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse

I say this because a Timid nature hurts its Attack, so it can't use a physcial set. Regular Lucario can't do a sepcial set that well, but Mega Lucario can.

Years
  • Something's been bugging me... I've been getting a lot of Pokemon with Hidden Abilities on the GTS lately, but I'm concerned because I'm not sure how to get Pokemon with Hidden Abilities on my own. Are these Pokemon legit Pokemon you can get in Pokemon X and Y at some point, or are they hacked? I'd be really upset if they're hacked especially since I just got a Goomy with the Hidden Ability Gooey. (I should note, I haven't beaten Pokemon X yet.)

You receive pokemon with hidden abilities when you go on friend safaris while your* friend is online

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Just google [insert Pokemon's name here] smogon (I'm not writing sets for all those Pokemon), and you'll get what you need. One thing, though; your Lucario should be a Mega Lucario with this set:
    (Mega) Lucario w/Lucarionite
    EVs: 252 Speed, 252 Sp.Attack, 4 Sp.Defense
    Ability: Adaptibility
    Nature: Timid
    Moves: Aura Sphere, Flash Cannon, Extreme Speed/Dragon Pulse, Dark Pulse

I say this because a Timid nature hurts its Attack, so it can't use a physcial set. Regular Lucario can't do a sepcial set that well, but Mega Lucario can.

Lucario does perfectly fine without its Mega form. If a Mega slot with Lucario in it is already taken up, Lucario can still function without Lucarionite:
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Extreme Speed
    -Earthquake/Crunch
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    no he didnt. all he said was, that it would be pointless for it to not be the max...he implied that it was the max, but did not specifically answer my question.

and judging by what you implied, i guess i now have a more conclusive answer.

Ah, sorry. Should've been more clear. 252 is the max now, whether you EV train the old-fashioned way or via Super Training. I recently EV trained a Goomy via hordes, and its EVs didn't exceed 252 (because I still had 6 pts leftover, and I'm pretty sure I accumulated more than 252 EVs worth while training).

Lucario does perfectly fine without its Mega form. If a Mega slot with Lucario in it is already taken up, Lucario can still function without Lucarionite:
    -Swords Dance
    -Close Combat
    -Extreme Speed
    -Earthquake/Crunch
    Nature: Adamant/Jolly
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spe
    Item: Life Orb

His Lucario is Timid natured. If he wants to use it with that nature, he has to go special, and Mega Lucario can do that, while regular Lucario can't. If it had a different nature, then it doesn't have to have Lucarionite.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Ah, sorry. Should've been more clear. 252 is the max now, whether you EV train the old-fashioned way or via Super Training. I recently EV trained a Goomy via hordes, and its EVs didn't exceed 252 (because I still had 6 pts leftover, and I'm pretty sure I accumulated more than 252 EVs worth while training).

His Lucario is Timid natured. If he wants to use it with that nature, he has to go special, and Mega Lucario can do that, while regular Lucario can't. If it had a different nature, then it doesn't have to have Lucarionite.

i can breed him an adamant one if he wants... or jolly...

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    My Fennikin is going to evolve soon, btw. It's pretty high level. And now it want's to learn Psybeam. It knows Scratch, howl, ember and flamecharge. What should it forget?

I'd replace Ember, personally. You already have a fire-type attack in your moveset (which would be Flame Charge), so having another isn't such a good idea. Either that, or I would remove Scratch. Scratch's okay, but it just isn't too powerful. Also, I'm merging your thread with X/Y Quick Q&A.

Merged.

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2016
    Yup. When you use the reset bag on the level 100 pokemon the stats go down so you can EV train again.

Years
    • Seen Nov 29, 2014
    Thanks, I haven't really paid attention to EV training and have been IV breeding. So I don't know much for this generation.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2013
    X/Y question

I have a level 42 Amaura and it hasn't evolved yet. Its nighttime in my game (I think). When will it evolve?

Shadeh

KABOOM!
    Years
  • Does it require a specific friendship level? I'm not completely sure, I will look it up, brb
    EDIT: It says 39 at night, I'm not sure when that starts in-game though, try to keep battling, maybe something might occur.
    "It is resurrected from a Sail Fossil and evolves into Aurorus when leveled up at night starting at level 39." -BulbaPedia

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back