• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Does anybody know how the damp rock works exactly?

Say I lead with my drizzle politoed holding a focus sash, deal out a couple attacks then swap out to another pokemon holding the damp rock. Will this keep the rain going 5 turns longer, or does the pokemon that initiated the rain have to be holding the damp rock to gain the turn boost?

Also if the politoed is holding damp rock then switches out does the rain lose its turn bonus while damp rock is not present?

Years

Say I lead with my drizzle politoed holding a focus sash, deal out a couple attacks then swap out to another pokemon holding the damp rock. Will this keep the rain going 5 turns longer, or does the pokemon that initiated the rain have to be holding the damp rock to gain the turn boost?

Also if the politoed is holding damp rock then switches out does the rain lose its turn bonus while damp rock is not present?

Tyrael

This is a Sailor's Prayer
    Years

Not sure exactly how many turns Damp Rock extends Rain for in X/Y, but for it to work and extend the turns of Rain being present, you do have to have it equipped to the Pokemon that's bringing the Rain in. If you switch out after putting Rain up with Damp Rock, it does NOT affect the bonus turns. So, for example, I know in Gen V if you used Rain Dance normally it would be raining for 5 turns. With Damp Rock, it would become 8 turns of Rain.

Years
    • Seen Mar 30, 2014
    Does anyone know anything about the special North American Wal-mart released X & Y Garchomp/ Scizor; such as their move pool, stats, and if they're shinies or not?

Years
    • Seen Dec 9, 2013
    Shiny ditto.

I was farming some dittos in FC to see if i can get any good iv's but instead I got a shiny ditto. Not sure whether or not to be happy. I just want my IV's :(

Pacifist

Its a Destiny
    Years
    • Seen May 25, 2014
    You really should a Shiny is way better and more valuable than a 3-4IV ditto (in my opinion) and you didnt lost anything you know, you can still get good IV Dittos and a Shiny its just a plus overall

Christopher

Hear Me Roar
    Years
  • According to Serebii They are both random natures
    Scizors movepool is:
    X-scissor
    Night Slash
    Double Hit
    Iron Head

Garchomp is:
    Slash
    Dragon Claw
    Dig
    Crunch

and neither are shiny.

Years
    • Seen Dec 11, 2013
    The Best Starter

Hey guys,
    I'm new to the forum but wanted to ask a question. I'm having a hard time choosing my starter. The Kalos ones. Not the Kanto starters. I'm choosing Charmander for that one. Which one of the Kalos starters are the most rounded in everything? I'm mostly having a hard time choosing between Chespin and Froakie. Which of the two is better, stat wise?

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Chespin has a good set of coverage moves by level-up, but is kinda slow. Froakie, on the other hand, is the fastest out of the starters (not just in Kalos, but out of the starters in general), and has balanced offenses, leaning towards Special Attack. Its level-up moves aren't that bad either.

If you want the speed, choose Froakie. If you want the bulk and coverage, choose Chespin.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017
    I chose Froakie and Charmander and now they are 2 of my most powerful pokemon that i use. Greninja is an over all bad ass and if you have Charizard you have a way to defend yourself against your rivals Chesnaught.

Years
  • o.o this doesn't really work like this does it?? how awesome would that be!!!

No it doesn't, Imposter Ditto takes the appearance of the other Pokemon, which means that he will look like a normal Charizard if you're fighting againt your average Charizard.

I have a shiny Imposter Ditto so I can confirm this. I assume that he will look like a shiny if your opponent is one.

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Froakie is really only good with protean, so in the long run pick chespin, then breed a froakie later

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2017
    No it doesn't, Imposter Ditto takes the appearance of the other Pokemon, which means that he will look like a normal Charizard if you're fighting againt your average Charizard.

I have a shiny Imposter Ditto so I can confirm this. I assume that he will look like a shiny if your opponent is one.

That sucks!! In Gen 3 (Ruby, Saphire, Emerald, Fire Red, Leaf Grean) A shiny Ditto would turn into a shiny version of the pokemon it copied! Why did they change this?? :'(

Arrow

I'd like to be a tree :3
    Years
  • I personally like Froakie the best. It's a speed demon, despite being the smallest starter, and its moves aren't bad either.

Plus its HA, Protean, will basically make every move you use a STAB move as it turns that Pokemon into the type of move used. For example, Froakie can learn Extrasensory levelling up. Since Extrasensory is a Psychic move, Froakie will become that type until it's changed again or the Pokemon is switched out.

Sandslash Fan

Spikey Boi
    Years
  • I was really bored with my Chespin throughout the game. His x4 weakness to Flying moves really killed it for me as well. Plenty of those kinds of attack going around :/

Your mileage may vary.

LoudSilence

more like uncommon sense
    Years
    • US
    • Seen Aug 7, 2016
    Chespin is more bulk, Froakie is more special sweeper. I guess it's whatever you feel like going for.

That said, I really like Froakie. Even without his Hidden Ability (which is awesome), his decent speed and special attack make him a fun guy to use, and his move learnset is interesting and varied. I just wish Water Shuriken was Special; Greninja's Sp.Atk is higher than it's Atk (even if barely) and he learns way more Special moves.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So this is a discussion of the Imposter vs Limber Ditto. I am wondering which I should catch. I understand in spades that the Imposter ditto is much better than the Limber ditto because it transforms as soon as it comes into battle which is all you need for single battles, however the problem lies in that in multiple battles you can't choose who to transform into, you transform into the opponent directly opposite you. Sometimes that's not who you want to transform into so it's more beneficial to choose who you transform into, and on some occasions it can be quite handy to transform into your partner so if the opposing team as trouble fighting one of them, two of them will wipe out your opponent team. Is there any circumstance that an imposter ditto can choose to use the move Transform? (otherwise, what is the point of giving it a move at all) Or is it always automatic with no exception? If so, which would be a better over all Ditto to catch? A limber one or an Imposter one? Even with the one move to use Transform, being able to choose who to transform into might be worth it. Opinions? Thanks!

If it's for battling purposes, then I'd go with Imposter, as it allows you to transform instantly and eliminates the need to use the move Transform, giving you the chance to other other things. If it's for breeding, though, then I'd go with either. Also, I'm merging your thread with Quick Q&A, since this is a question. d:

Merged.

Years
  • Christmas Present help!!

So guys, here's the deal. Christmas is coming up. I am STRUGGLING to get my present together for my girlfriend for when she visits for the holiday (she lives in Tennessee and I live in Utah, so this is a pretty big deal). She loves Pokémon as much as I do, so I had a great idea for her present.

I was planning on giving her Pokémon Y, loaded up with her favorite Pokémon as all shinies. I was attempting to do this using the Masuda Method, although I've had NO luck with it and haven't even been able to hatch a single shiny (I'm on 1700+ Ralts after a month). With my college finals coming up in two-three weeks, I don't have the time to continue trying the Masuda.

So I really need help. I've resorted to using the Friend Safari method for this. Only problem is I don't have any safaris with the Pokémon I need. So I am BEGGING you guys to help me get this present done. If you have any of the Pokémon in the list below in your safari, please add me and reply with your friend code! I seriously appreciate it guys!

Absol, Kirlia, Luxio, Vulpix/Ninetales, Eevee, Dratini

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back