• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Give it a Soothe Bell and perhaps do that trick in Lumiose where you go to the center part, stick a coin on your joystick so that you skate through the entire circle. Just let it do that for a few minutes, and you should be good in no time. Then just level it up in the day time and bam, Espeon. That's how I got almost all of my friendship evolutions.

If you don't wanna do that, then you can do this. Give it a massage daily (in Cyllage City), don't let it faint in battle, give it vitamins (Calcium and Carbos are best for a future Espeon), and keep that Soothe Bell attached until it evolves. Happiness Checker is in Laverre City.

Thanks a lot! Would it be pushing the boat out too far to ask how I can obtain a Soothe Bell? :3

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Is Psychic a TM? If so where is it? Same with Flamethrower, where is that?

Is this good for a Delphox move set?
    Psychic
    Flamethrower/fire blast
    Shadow ball
    Grass knot

Psychic
    Flamethrower/fire blast
    Shadow ball
    Grass knot

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now

Psychic
    Flamethrower/fire blast
    Shadow ball
    Grass knot

Psychic (TM 29) can be found in the Pokemon Village, which you get to via the forest to the south of Snowbelle City.

To get the TM for Flamethrower, you have to talk to the Hex Maniac girl in the Anistar Pokemon Center in the morning.

And is the Delphox moveset for in-game or competitive?

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I got a lvl 1 Modest Jolitk from Wonder Trade, but is it hacked? It has a Quick Ball rather than a Poke Ball, and its movesets are Bug Bite, Gastro Acid, Spider Web, and Leech Life.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I got a lvl 1 Modest Jolitk from Wonder Trade, but is it hacked? It has a Quick Ball rather than a Poke Ball, and its movesets are Bug Bite, Gastro Acid, Spider Web, and Leech Life.

Yes that's a perfectly legit moveset. It's in a Quick Ball because iirc, parents pass down their Pokeball when breeding. As long as it isn't Ditto, I think.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    I got a lvl 1 Modest Jolitk from Wonder Trade, but is it hacked? It has a Quick Ball rather than a Poke Ball, and its movesets are Bug Bite, Gastro Acid, Spider Web, and Leech Life.

Please read back through the Quick Questions. We've answered these questions before.

No it is not hacked. Look up Serebii. Look up Bulbapedia. Check the Pokemon's info before jumping to hack conclusions. The hack paranoia is really getting old.

It Learns Bug Bit at level 18. If both parents have Bug Bite, the baby will too.
    It learns Gastro Acid at level 23. If both parents have Gastro Acid, the baby will too.
    Spider Web is a level 1 Default attack. It will have it upon being hatched.
    Leech Life is a level 1 Default attack. It will have it upon being hatched.

The Joltik you have was bred most likely between TWO Joltik or Galvantula who both had Bug Bite and Gastro Acid. The Mother was caught in a Quick Ball and the Mother's Pokeball passes down to the baby in this Generation so the baby would have a Quick Ball since the Mother was caught in a quick ball.

Pinkie, you are way better than this.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Please read back through the Quick Questions. We've answered these questions before.

No it is not hacked. Look up Serebii. Look up Bulbapedia. Check the Pokemon's info before jumping to hack conclusions. The hack paranoia is really getting old.

It Learns Bug Bit at level 18. If both parents have Bug Bite, the baby will too.
    It learns Gastro Acid at level 23. If both parents have Gastro Acid, the baby will too.
    Spider Web is a level 1 Default attack. It will have it upon being hatched.
    Leech Life is a level 1 Default attack. It will have it upon being hatched.

The Joltik you have was bred most likely between TWO Joltik or Galvantula who both had Bug Bite and Gastro Acid. The Mother was caught in a Quick Ball and the Mother's Pokeball passes down to the baby in this Generation so the baby would have a Quick Ball since the Mother was caught in a quick ball.

Pinkie, you are way better than this.
    I'm so sorry, I've just wanted to make sure because 2/4 of those moves weren't listed on Joltik's egg move list for XY on Pokémon Database.

Maybe I should ask a normal quick question: Are you able to rematch your other rivals post-game or just Calem/Serena? I can't money farm on him nor the Battle Chateau forever.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I'm so sorry, I've just wanted to make sure because 2/4 of those moves weren't listed on Joltik's egg move list for XY on Pokémon Database.

Maybe I should ask a normal quick question: Are you able to rematch your other rivals post-game or just Calem/Serena? I can't money farm on him nor the Battle Chateau forever.

You might wanna use Serebii or Bulbapedia as your main Pokemon reference instead.

And you can't re-battle Tierno, Trevor, or Shauna. The serve other post-game purposes:

Tierno: Heart Scales (show him a Pokemon with the dance move he requests)
    Trevor: Will tell you what Pokemon can Mega Evolve (which is kinda useless since you can just google that)
    Shauna: Gives you another one of the Kalos starters (then stands outside your house 24/7, which is slightly creepy)

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023

Its just Calem/Serena.

But for the breeding thing, they are just more common now for the babies to have the same moves as the parents with the TM pass over gone. When breeding, if the baby can learn a move that both of the parents have through level up, the move will pass on similar to an egg move.

Just to be certain its been said, mothers can also pass on egg moves, so a few of the previously impossible combinations are going to be possible such as a Deino with both Earth Power and Dark Pulse (I know both were MT's last gen but those still aren't available completely yet and Zwielous is available in the normal game play so it would have been possible to pass both through breeding one into a female deino then breeding that deino with a pokemon with the other move.)

LightBlast

I am fire. I am... death!
    Years
  • So there was this trick, where you could evolve Pokemon on the GTS without actually trading it. You deposit for example Haunter on the GTS and in the meantime search and trade another Pokemon, which will cause an evolution for Haunter.

Does this still work in X/Y?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Will there be an expansion of region in this game in the future?

No. Gamefreak said they are not doing DLC for the Pokemon games. What we get is the finished product of their work...So the region as it is, is what we are getting until the next game comes out in the next year and a half or so at the earliest.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    So there was this trick, where you could evolve Pokemon on the GTS without actually trading it. You deposit for example Haunter on the GTS and in the meantime search and trade another Pokemon, which will cause an evolution for Haunter.

Does this still work in X/Y?

The trick does not work anymore, apparently. If you like, you could still go ahead and try it. Not sure if you'll be having any success though, haha.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back