• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Quick Q&A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    Guy!? Just because my question was "Ribbon Legendaries?" Doesn't mean it should be deleted!
    Still, my question remains... RIBBON LEGENDARIES?

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    I've finished the game (Pokemon X, beat the Elite Four and the Champion) and now I'm in Kiloude City. I'm wondering if there's anything else to do/explore now I've finished the storyline?

1. go to battle mansion and battle at LEAST one battle

2. your rival calem/Serna will be there... battle him/her ( they will be remachable once perday) get free absolite from him or her

3. go to Anistar City and go to that sundial.. and meet your professor.

and than

go to lumios city and do a looker mission.

ingcoliptis

Best Pokémon Breeder NA 2015
    Years
  • Does anyone know the changes to shinies in Gen VI?

When this game initally came out, 3 things were appearent to many:
    1. Safari yield a greater shiny chance
    2. Masuda has gotten a multiplier increase

Are either of these claims true? I saw that many people had speculation, but I never saw numbers ( coding, a "1/xxxx"). And if either are, what is the result if yu were to obtain the Shiny Charm? And has the Shiny Charm recieved any buffs?

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2014
    so how do i get previous gen starters. i got a chimchar and mudkip from wonder trade is trading the only way?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    1. go to battle mansion and battle at LEAST one battle

2. your rival calem/Serna will be there... battle him/her ( they will be remachable once perday) get free absolite from him or her

3. go to Anistar City and go to that sundial.. and meet your professor.

and than

go to lumios city and do a looker mission.

Awesome, thank you. What's a looker mission?

Also, I heard you can catch Mew/Mewtwo somewhere on X/Y?

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Guy!? Just because my question was "Ribbon Legendaries?" Doesn't mean it should be deleted!
    Still, my question remains... RIBBON LEGENDARIES?
    Elaborate..what exactly is your question?

so how do i get previous gen starters. i got a chimchar and mudkip from wonder trade is trading the only way?
    Japan got Pokemon Bank already, so trading is the only way as of now to get 2-5 gen starters.

James

Make it double!
    Years
    • Seen Dec 31, 2017

Go to the place the last gym leader was with all the pokemon in the wild, and at the back of that area there is a cave with mewtwo in it.

AB-80

Been Down Since Day One.
    Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2014
    As far as having to figure out new strategies, this game just added a new type! I think that changes things A LOT. Not including the fact movesets are different, and there are new pokemon that probably counter some of the older ones well.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023

if you go to lumios city you should receive anomalous call. And once you go to looker bureau Looker himself will give you series of missions. Not to spoil anything but you should try it... it has many battles and quite well written story for a small mini mission...

and your second question... no you cannot catch Mew... however you CAN catch Mewtwo in an unknown dungeon. It is located right next to pokemon village ( you know the place where you had to get wulfric.)

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • Hello, I left my charmander and ditto breeding in the daycare, after 3 or 4 eggs the day care guy started telling me that "the two don's really seem to loke each other very much? like WTF, it's a ditto it can breed with everything!!!

Hello, I left my charmander and ditto breeding in the daycare, after 3 or 4 eggs the day care guy started telling me that "the two don't really seem to like each other very much", like WTF, it's a ditto it can breed with everything!!!

Hello, I left my charmander and ditto breeding in the daycare, after 3 or 4 eggs the day care guy started telling me that "the two don't really seem to like each other very much", like WTF, it's a ditto it can breed with everything!!!

Last edited:

Flushed

never eat raspberries
    Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    Hello, I left my charmander and ditto breeding in the daycare, after 3 or 4 eggs the day care guy started telling me that "the two don's really seem to loke each other very much? like WTF, it's a ditto it can breed with everything!!!
    As long as it doesn't say "The two prefer to play with other Pokemon", then they'll still breed. The statement you got just means it'll take longer for the egg to appear (for every 250 steps or whatever it is, there's like a 20% chance of an egg appearing as opposed to higher, something to that effect).

dontstay96

Grass-man
    Years
  • As long as it doesn't say "The two prefer to play with other Pokemon", then they'll still breed. The statement you got just means it'll take longer for the egg to appear (for every 250 steps or whatever it is, there's like a 20% chance of an egg appearing as opposed to higher, something to that effect).

Oh okay, I didn't know, sorry, btw I don't know that happened in my last post that got repeated 3 times

Years
    • Seen Jul 3, 2014
    On the previous page, somebody mentioned Ribbon Legendaries. I just want to know what they are :(
    The removal of the first time I asked this kind of ruined my attempt of an answer anyway :(

Your not my Buddy, Guy :(
    (Jokes all around, no serious buiseness)

On the previous page, somebody mentioned Ribbon Legendaries. I just want to know what they are :(
    The removal of the first time I asked this kind of ruined my attempt of an answer anyway :(

Your not my Buddy, Guy :(
    (Jokes all around, no serious buiseness)

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 2, 2014
    how is it determined which box a Pokemon is sent to? Even though I have a box in the first position, the Pokemon I catch seem to be sent to different boxes. At first I thought there was a box that was internally labeled as number 1, no matter where you may have moved it, but I put this box back at the beginning and the Pokemon I'm catching are still sent to yet a different box.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    Evolution Stones...

...I'm wondering which Pokemon are best to use my Evolution stones on (I have Water, Thunder, Sun, Moon, Leaf, Fire, Dusk, Dawn, one of each) considering they're quite difficult to get hold of?
    What are the best option(s) in your opinion?
    :)

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    how is it determined which box a Pokemon is sent to? Even though I have a box in the first position, the Pokemon I catch seem to be sent to different boxes. At first I thought there was a box that was internally labeled as number 1, no matter where you may have moved it, but I put this box back at the beginning and the Pokemon I'm catching are still sent to yet a different box.

The Pokemon go to the last non-full box you did something in. Let's say you moved a Pokemon from box 4 to box 6, then left the PC. The next Pokemon you catch will sent sent to box 6, provided its not already full.

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    I really need a Haunter (I evolved mine into Gengar). My friend offered to trade me one but as it evolves when traded (and the B button cancelling method didn't work) could my friend trade me a Haunter holding an Everstone to prevent it evolving and I then return the Everstone by trading him another Pokemon back holding it?

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2014
    You can always get more stones in the Luminose City shop or by doing Super Training. Evolve to whatever you like!

I heard you could get them through Super Training, but doesn't it take quite a while to get hold of them that way?

I didn't know you could buy them in Lumiose City - are they quite expensive?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back