• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasonthedrag0n

Disco Elephant
    Years
    • Seen Nov 30, 2022
    Z, Or whatever it might be called, if it comes, could have a plot entered around some obscure "cute" 6th gen Pokemon with a new accidentally discovered mega evolution, or several depending which item it holds and it could be that you need to have this one Pokemon throughout in order to get the most out of the game (like Yellow with Pikachu), but that probably won't happen... Any way, I'd buy it whatever happens.

Years
    They didn't do anything for the series's 10th anniversary? You think that they would've, or that they'll do something for the 20th; having a series go strong for 20 years is no small feat I think.

They DID have event Pokémon for the 10th anniversary (the 10 most popular Pokémon or something) but they never actually released a game just for the 10th anniversary.

Uh are you two forgetting that DP came out in Japan in 2006? Remember that GF is Japanese-centric so look at the Japanese dates when talking about anniversaries and such ;).

Diamond and Pearl would have come out anyway, anniversary or not. They never announced these games as the "big anniversary games" or something. Besides, if they had really focused on releasing these games for the anniversary, they would have made an effort to release them in February or March or something but they came out in late September 2006.

Regarding the upcoming game, I'm pretty sure GameFreak will release a new Pokémon game at the end of this year or at the start of next year and of course, this will go in hand with the 20th anniversary, but I don't think they will focus on releasing it to celebrate the 20th anniversary or something.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    We didn't get any game for the 10th anniversary of RGB other than giveaway Pokémon, I believe. FrLG wasn't released in 2006 too.

HgSs was actually released during around the 10th anniversary. The Japanese official website even marked it as 10th year of GS during the early promotion days. However it wasn't heavily marketed that way; Only parts like "remake" and "Johto" were heavily emphasized.

On the 10th anniversary of RS, Japan distributed Kyogre and Groudon for Gen V officially as 10th anniversary gifts. But OrAs was released in year 2014.

As for the sister games of XY, I believe the 20th years of the whole franchise won't have anything much to do with it aside from perhaps Pokémon distribution, giveaways, commemorative consoles, etc. It's interesting to note that Volcanion might get a release next year though, Nintendo NX should be making its official appearance next year as well. But I'll not go further, as I don't wanna stray far from the topic.

I think the XY sister games are gonna be released around 2015 Fall/first few months of 2016. Super Mystery Dungeon's supposed to be released at the end of this year. While SMD is not Game Freak's project, I just can't see them getting released on the same months. SMD is still a Pokémon game, unless Game Freak is on their mission to crush down their own Pokémon franchise. Lol.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    We didn't get any game for the 10th anniversary of RGB other than giveaway Pokémon, I believe. FrLG wasn't released in 2006 too.

HgSs was actually released during around the 10th anniversary. The Japanese official website even marked it as 10th year of GS during the early promotion days. However it wasn't heavily marketed that way; Only parts like "remake" and "Johto" were heavily emphasized.

On the 10th anniversary of RS, Japan distributed Kyogre and Groudon for Gen V officially as 10th anniversary gifts. But OrAs was released in year 2014.

As for the sister games of XY, I believe the 20th years of the whole franchise won't have anything much to do with it aside from perhaps Pokémon distribution, giveaways, commemorative consoles, etc. It's interesting to note that Volcanion might get a release next year though, Nintendo NX should be making its official appearance next year as well. But I'll not go further, as I don't wanna stray far from the topic.

I think the XY sister games are gonna be released around 2015 Fall/first few months of 2016. Super Mystery Dungeon's supposed to be released at the end of this year. While SMD is not Game Freak's project, I just can't see them getting released on the same months. SMD is still a Pokémon game, unless Game Freak is on their mission to crush down their own Pokémon franchise. Lol.

Also RS was released in the third anniversary of GS' release in JP (which was released in November 21) which of course would make ORAS' release the 15th anniversary of GS indirectly...
    Interestingly DP do have a lot of call backs to Gen I and II (which RS didn't have as much), also Oak appeared (he didn't appear in Hoenn (any of it's games), nor did he appear in future gens so it was perhaps a call back to Gen I and II). I think that the 2016 games will end up like DP, except perhaps be advertised as 20th anniversary games. Also irc the Kyogre and Groudon events were a bit late for the 10th anniversary.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I love the idea of The Masked Duo as the protagonists for XY-prequels. That would explain why the duo are often involved in XY's plot. The player moved in to Vaniville shortly before the adventure begins, while the main rival moved from Snowbelle as well. Perhaps Sina and Dexio's were living in the current player and the rivals houses respectively.

And this girl from Anistar says, 'I heard about the incident in Geosenge Town. They say that the strange group dressed in red managed to find Xerneas asleep somewhere. A few years back, a different group of people came around here, asking the same questions.'

I wonder what's Lysandre's personality before he became so obsessed with his idea? Not to mention, Dexio and Sina seem to know Lysandre, not in a close or friendly way but definitely not distant or anything bad (before Lysandre's schemes became apparent).

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Sina and Dexio seem more to be like they'd be the rivals for X/Y prequels rather than the player characters to me.

Reactions: Sun

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Sina and Dexio seem more to be like they'd be the rivals for X/Y prequels rather than the player characters to me.

You are actually right, they make fine rivals too. But it's a bit too odd to completely leave out the XY-prequel hero/heroine on XY, there should be at least one mention about the prequel protagonist saving Kalos region when the region's ecosystem fell into disarray. However, no one is mentioning this unknown person. Except that Hexmaniac from Mt. Pyre, who might be actually is looking for this unknown person? But her words are a bit vague, so it's difficult to determine.

While Sina and Dexio weren't given too much background or accomplishments on XY, so far they are the closest candidates for the spot that screams 'XY-prequel main characters'. Or you can consider Diantha and Lysandre if you want to. Lmao Jkjk

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    You are actually right, they make fine rivals too. But it's a bit too odd to completely leave out the XY-prequel hero/heroine on XY, there should be at least one mention about the prequel protagonist saving Kalos region when the region's ecosystem fell into disarray. However, no one is mentioning this unknown person. Except that Hexmaniac from Mt. Pyre, who might be actually is looking for this unknown person? But her words are a bit vague, so it's difficult to determine.

While Sina and Dexio weren't given too much background or accomplishments on XY, so far they are the closest candidates for the spot that screams 'XY-prequel main characters'. Or you can consider Diantha and Lysandre if you want to. Lmao Jkjk
    Given how shortsighted Game Freak was with how they wrote Mega Evolution into X/Y's story, I wouldn't put it past them to not mention the prequel protagonist(s) in X/Y.

But I say it more because the player characters have always been mostly silent with largely undetermined personalities in the main games, and never directly take part in the main plot of other games if at all. Sina and Dexio have lines, have a set personality, and are directly involved in the game's main plot (even though they hardly do anything). So that makes them seem to be unlikely candidates for X/Y prequel player characters to me (assuming the next Kalos games are indeed prequels anyway). I suppose that Game Freak might be breaking from tradition in this regard, but I very much doubt it.

Years
    It would be surprising to have them as main characters given tradition, but GF did say they hope to surprise fans with their next installment to the main games.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Given how shortsighted Game Freak was with how they wrote Mega Evolution into X/Y's story, I wouldn't put it past them to not mention the prequel protagonist(s) in X/Y.

But I say it more because the player characters have always been mostly silent with largely undetermined personalities in the main games, and never directly take part in the main plot of other games if at all. Sina and Dexio have lines, have a set personality, and are directly involved in the game's main plot (even though they hardly do anything). So that makes them seem to be unlikely candidates for X/Y prequel player characters to me (assuming the next Kalos games are indeed prequels anyway). I suppose that Game Freak might be breaking from tradition in this regard, but I very much doubt it.

It would be surprising to have them as main characters given tradition, but GF did say they hope to surprise fans with their next installment to the main games.

Yes it would rather be unorthodox to make Dexio and Sina as lead characters for the next set of core games since the duo have their own sets of personality already, as you daid. That also explains why Hilda and Hilbert's appearances at PWT are crossed out on B2W2. The only exceptions that can be main characters while having personalities are those gender-counterpart who are not chosen as players, May/Brendan, Dawn/Lucas, Nate/Rosa and Serena/Calem. Their roles are similar to those of Bianca and Cheren in the sequels. Hahaha, still I would personally prefer Dexio and Sina as the main characters for the next games! =P

As much as I love the ideas for XY-prequel, I gotta admit that creates more time paradoxes. The most obvious time paradoxes from OrAs are The Fairy-types, Mega Evolutions (and Megas are more common than they are in XY), Clemont's invention PSS(or Super Training? I forgot which) and Battle Maison. We all know why those feature are included, it's for the sake of compatibility with XY.

That moment when speculating new games becomes into something serious, when it's not supposed to be this serious. Lol

Years
    Anyone remember a NPC in parfum palace who mentioned something about a tome with the power to resurrect pokemons. What if, the plot revolve around this, the balance between life and death is disrupted, perhaps by team flare or a battle between xerneas and yveltal.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Anyone remember a NPC in parfum palace who mentioned something about a tome with the power to resurrect pokemons. What if, the plot revolve around this, the balance between life and death is disrupted, perhaps by team flare or a battle between xerneas and yveltal.

I thought they are referring to
    Spoiler:
    What intrigues me is Zygarde's Pokédex text on X Version. 'When the Kalos region's ecosystem falls into disarray, it appears and reveals its secret.'

It's as if it's saying 'The Kalos region's ecosystem was messed up once, then this huge serpentine thing came up and restore things', the text differs to most of the legendary out there, usually the text flavor would refer to folklores, myths, legends.

Years
    The fact that the dex describes Zygarde's power as if it's been recorded in history (and not obscure history) makes it sound like Zygarde did something that is ingrained in historical memory of the region.

I don't think we'll get an announcement on the next Pokemon game(s) until after mid-July...

DeadAlien

Sup
    Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2015
    I don't know if this will happen or not, but I sure hope it does. X/Y felt like it wasn't completed, tbh. I feel there's more to the story so I really wouldn't be surprised if a follow-up is released relatively soon.

Years
    I am doubting that it'll be out anytime soon. Likely we'll get a October reveal (on the anniversary of XY) with a release on RG's anniversary (February).

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I am doubting that it'll be out anytime soon. Likely we'll get a October reveal (on the anniversary of XY) with a release on RG's anniversary (February).

Yep as the spotlight now is on Super Mystery Dungeon, it was announced at E3 which was unexpected (at least for me). While SMD isn't part of the main core games, but as they say in Chinese "One mountain cannot abide two tigers" so it's really impossible for SMD and the next Gen VI main game to make their debut at the same time frame.

On the bright side, we can still keep on speculating. lol

Thousand Arrows
    Thousand Waves

Thousand Arrows is particularly interesting, a Ground-type move that can hit Flying-type Pokémon... Like Yveltal.

Years
    Yep as the spotlight now is on Super Mystery Dungeon, it was announced at E3 which was unexpected (at least for me). While SMD isn't part of the main core games, but as they say in Chinese "One mountain cannot abide two tigers" so it's really impossible for SMD and the next Gen VI main game to make their debut at the same time frame.

On the bright side, we can still keep on speculating. lol

Thousand Arrows
    Thousand Waves

Thousand Arrows is particularly interesting, a Ground-type move that can hit Flying-type Pokémon... Like Yveltal.

It was actually announced a week or two before E3. We just didn't get much news on it beyond a name until Corocoro and E3.

I am quite sure that those moves are meant to take down the other two members of it's trio.

Sun

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It was actually announced a week or two before E3. We just didn't get much news on it beyond a name until Corocoro and E3.

I am quite sure that those moves are meant to take down the other two members of it's trio.

Thousand Waves' move description doesn't sound as special and perhaps specific, as its other counterpart. I fail to see Zygarde taking down Xerneas, as Xerneas doesn't sound anything disturbing the ecosystem and balance, if it's anything it's the complete opposite of destructive -- restoration and revitalization Perhaps Xerneas' more like an ally of Zygarde? Yveltal on the other hand, is obviously destructive and needs to be taken down.

Unless Xerneas is going to have a new evil form, which is mostly unlikely.

The villain team for the third versions could follow the B2W2(or OrAs) route with a little mixture of Platinum twist. Capturing Zygarde as their weapon of sort, then eventually it gets angry at the climax.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
    If there was another Generation VI game brought in revolving Zygarde... would it be called "Pokémon Zero X and Pokémon Zero Y"? Or would it be called "Pokémon X0 and Pokémon Y0"... oh wait, did I already say that months ago? There's just something about Zygarde that makes me think of the word "Zero".

I don't think Game Freak wants to rely on the old Generation VI engine, it would rather go directly to the much newer Generation VII engine in which is designed exclusively for New 3DS, with the ability to trade and battle between the Generation VI games.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Thousand Waves' move description doesn't sound as special and perhaps specific, as its other counterpart. I fail to see Zygarde taking down Xerneas, as Xerneas doesn't sound anything disturbing the ecosystem and balance, if it's anything it's the complete opposite of destructive -- restoration and revitalization Perhaps Xerneas' more like an ally of Zygarde? Yveltal on the other hand, is obviously destructive and needs to be taken down.

Unless Xerneas is going to have a new evil form, which is mostly unlikely.

The villain team for the third versions could follow the B2W2(or OrAs) route with a little mixture of Platinum twist. Capturing Zygarde as their weapon of sort, then eventually it gets angry at the climax.

Xerneas can also disturb the ecosystem by saving TOO Many lives..
    There needs to be a balance between life and death rate etc lol

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back