• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    Ok, I could be totally and utterly wrong about this... but I thought it was worth bringing up. After giving it some thought, I think I'm going to rule out Super Smash Bros for two reasons:

- If it's supposed to be the Smash Direct that we're supposed to be getting this month, they(meaning Nintendo) would have said it by now. Because typically, the date and time of a Direct isn't given until the day before or a few days before. As it stands right now, Nintendo and this marketing guy have not said anything about this being the Direct we're expecting this month.

- With all of that mentioned above... from a logical standpoint, wouldn't it be a little pointless to make a Smash-related announcement outside of its own Direct that's due in the same month? It would make more sense for them to save everything Smash for its own Direct. And since they haven't said that tomorrow's announcement is a Direct, then yeah... I hope that makes sense.

The only thing I'm insinuating here is that I'm ruling out Smash. Like I said, I could be totally wrong.
    if it is smash, i'd expect it to be along the lines of a silhouette and a "wait til next time".
    theres also the possibility that its either nintendo NX news or minecraft for wii u
    then again, they might just sucker punch us with a surprise release. .
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

would really throw people off if suddenly a game was released without any warning, completely unspoiled.

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2019
    Say , CoroCoro is revealing Movie news and a Big announcement !
    So , Could it be that The Big Announcement might have something to do with the Movie ? Like a Brand new pokemon appearing in the Movie poster.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Apparently Nintendo's "big announcement" today was the announcement of a Wii U version of Minecraft.....so no Pokemon (or Smash either). Guess we hope again for CoroCoro to deliver us something?

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    if it is smash, i'd expect it to be along the lines of a silhouette and a "wait til next time".
    theres also the possibility that its either nintendo NX news or minecraft for wii u
    then again, they might just sucker punch us with a surprise release. .
    X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

would really throw people off if suddenly a game was released without any warning, completely unspoiled.
    You think they are pulling the trick that Beyonce pulled for her album? Lol

At this point on it's not Z hype they are creating. Lmao They might simply move on to Gen 7, haha. :P

Z25

Team Player
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 27, 2023
    Yeah it was minecraft U. Plus the guy who discussed the announcement, was the one involved in the nindies scene. So Minecraft was viewed likely. At least it has Nintendo Content.

As for CoroCoro I am still hope for news on the 3rd version but I find it unlikely.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015
    kid will get hit, CYS will get called on the parents & the parents will try to push the blame onto nintendo.
    nintendo will have better layers and CYS just love dragging kids away from their parents
    kid will row up in foster care and eventually live his teens on the streets as a runaway before getting shot in the middle of a gang war on his 18th birthday
    all because his parentswhere not paying attention to him when they should have been.
    canceling it for that reason would be like trying to blame Stanley Black & Decker for the death of murder victim because the murder used a table saw they made to cut the victim's head off.

Fair enough but you have to remember nintendo is hugely based towards the family audience so they cannot allow themselves to get labeled as the company that kills kids.

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years
    Fair enough but you have to remember nintendo is hugely based towards the family audience so they cannot allow themselves to get labeled as the company that kills kids.
    How on earth would it be Nintendo's fault? Parents are supposed to be supervising their kids at all times; if they can't, they appropriate a guardian or grandparent to supervise in their stead. If a kid wanders out into the street and gets hurt it's the fault of the person who's supposed to be supervising them, not a video game company that had no personal hand in the kid getting hurt by wandering out into the street. Kids do not understand well the concept of danger; they have little to no idea that they can get hurt so badly and usually aren't paying attention to their surroundings even when they're not playing video games. Usually the only reason they don't go out into the road is because they know they'll get in trouble if they do. Blaming a video game for getting kids hurt is just passing the blame on something else because you weren't doing your job and got a kid hurt because you didn't pay attention.

If say a kid DID get hurt because they ran into the road while playing Pokemon GO, and the parents blamed Nintendo, nobody would take them seriously. It's like blaming a car manufacturer because you didn't pay attention and hit the gas when you meant to brake and got in an accident.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Does CoroCoro leak this week or next? I can never remember.

How on earth would it be Nintendo's fault? Parents are supposed to be supervising their kids at all times; if they can't, they appropriate a guardian or grandparent to supervise in their stead. If a kid wanders out into the street and gets hurt it's the fault of the person who's supposed to be supervising them, not a video game company that had no personal hand in the kid getting hurt by wandering out into the street. Kids do not understand well the concept of danger; they have little to no idea that they can get hurt so badly and usually aren't paying attention to their surroundings even when they're not playing video games. Usually the only reason they don't go out into the road is because they know they'll get in trouble if they do. Blaming a video game for getting kids hurt is just passing the blame on something else because you weren't doing your job and got a kid hurt because you didn't pay attention.

If say a kid DID get hurt because they ran into the road while playing Pokemon GO, and the parents blamed Nintendo, nobody would take them seriously. It's like blaming a car manufacturer because you didn't pay attention and hit the gas when you meant to brake and got in an accident.
    What you say is indeed correct, but a lot of parents these days will do everything they can to shift the responsibility onto someone else for everything about their children. It would not surprise me in the slightest if, in the (unlikely) situation that some kid got hit by a car while playing Pokemon, the kid's parent(s) would try to put the blame on Nintendo instead of their own inattentive parenting, and would even get support from similar parents. Media would probably eat that **** up too, make headlines like "POKEMON GAME LEADS TO CHILD'S DEATH" or some other clickbait.

Though this is probably also getting a bit off-topic too.

Years
    • Seen May 13, 2022
    I'm not expecting any game reveal this issue. If Corocoro would would reveal it next week, I'm pretty sure Masuda and other parties affiliated with the Pokémon Company would hype things up regarding coming issue.

Years
    • Seen Dec 24, 2015

it wouldn't be nintendo's fault but please tell me you know how much the media likes to blame things on video games.

shadowmoon522

Master of Darkness & Light
    Years
    • Age 33
    • PA
    • Seen May 20, 2024
    it wouldn't be nintendo's fault but please tell me you know how much the media likes to blame things on video games.
    of course i do. every time the media bashes video games its never about the games; its about stirring up crap that no one will care about in a few weeks.
    no judge would ever take the media seriously over something like this.
    hell, i doubt judges take the media seriously over anything that doesn't involve them directly. the media stirring up a frenzy over something like this would just make the parents look horrid

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    yeah i did sorta kinda mention it in my previous post but the pokemon go talk is a wee bit too off topic for this thread

the actual pokemon go thread is down in pgc if you wanna continue the conversation there

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    If there's one thing that I'm almost 80% positive that they'll show this week is more Zygarde info. Last month they showed us another Core in existense that has a blue stomach instead of red like "Squishy" in the anime. I'm almost expecting them to follow up on it, but we'll see what happens. Don't think it would be a good idea for them to keep dishing out too much info on Zygarde before the game is even announced though... like how much longer are they going to release more Zygarde info and promotion, without a game announcement, before it becomes "7.8 too much Zygarde"?

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back