• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
Years
  • It is interesting how XY and ORAS have copied Gen III's release pattern, and 10 years after those dates too...wonder if this year (2015) we may see Z and the other game the coding suggests could be a console game... (btw didn't GS come out in 2000 and Crystal in 2002 int.? Oddly BW in JP was 2010, and B2W2 was in 2012...)
    There's also a chance it could be two Generation VII games in which has the ability to trade and battle between Generation VI and VII games, in the same way as Generation I and II did. After all, they're only placeholders to show the amount of different game headers it can connect to. They can connect to any one of the 6 placeholders. There's room for two new games. We'll never know until they announce it.
    While this is unlikely to happen in this generation, it is interesting to note that Meloetta was released along with an another event legendary. I doubt Volcanion's gonna get released this year since as you said, Hoopa's the main star this year.

Masuda said that given how fast pace is the current gaming industry and the competition from inside and outside, a yearly release of main Pokémon games are likely to happen. But we'll see. :)
    It's still possible a new generation could be released this year, Volcanion could be a star of a special episode or something, if The Pokémon Company already knows of new main games planned to be released this year.

There's also a chance in where they announce nothing new this year and will announce them next year.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • There's also a chance it could be two Generation VII games in which has the ability to trade and battle between Generation VI and VII games, in the same way as Generation I and II did. After all, they're only placeholders to show the amount of different game headers it can connect to. They can connect to any one of the 6 placeholders. There's room for two new games. We'll never know until they announce it.

It's still possible a new generation could be released this year, Volcanion could be a star of a special episode or something, if The Pokémon Company already knows of new main games planned to be released this year.

There's also a chance in where they announce nothing new this year and will announce them next year.

Well Genesect's movie came out after XY was announced so perhaps we'll see Volcanion and Zygarde face off against a new Pokémon or a Mega of an old one like how Genesect fought Mega Mewtwo Y.

However since GF finds Kalos (and Hoenn) to be incomplete then likely we'll get something to make it feel complete before moving on, unless if Gen VII are Kalos sequels like Gen II was to Kanto. Maybe the region will be called Jolos xD.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I've gotta say, if the new games are announced this year, it would be nice to see them released on the 20th Anniversary of Red and Green's release on February 27th. But of course, that would mean that they'd have to reveal the new games in August this year or something.

We didn't see anything about a new main-series Pokémon game during the latest Nintendo Direct, but an announcement in the fall or early winter, if not earlier, sounds likely. I wish we could get something at E3, but I suppose news could always come out of any of the other gaming conventions during that time of year or another Nintendo or Pokémon Direct. As for what to expect, I kind of like the sound of a 'third version' interquel and a console game, as unlikely as that might turn out to be in retrospect.

Years
  • We didn't see anything about a new main-series Pokémon game during the latest Nintendo Direct, but an announcement in the fall or early winter, if not earlier, sounds likely. I wish we could get something at E3, but I suppose news could always come out of any of the other gaming conventions during that time of year or another Nintendo or Pokémon Direct. As for what to expect, I kind of like the sound of a 'third version' interquel and a console game, as unlikely as that might turn out to be in retrospect.

If the new games are coming out this year then a reveal at E3 or sometime before/after (treehouse event?) will make the most sense as June is the latest time for a reveal if we are to have six months of speculation. Speaking of RG's release date they could release the games in the December date that was originally planned for RG (which is why the games have a 1995 copyright date and likely the reason why people think this year is the 20th anniversary of those games...it would've been if not for the Delay).

Years
  • It's still possible a new generation could be released this year, Volcanion could be a star of a special episode or something, if The Pokémon Company already knows of new main games planned to be released this year.

My guess is that Volcanion will be distributed next year along with AZ's Floette; maybe by then we will get official mentions of generation VII.

Years
  • I see Volcanion being in the same movie as Zygarde which may be the last Gen VII movie, if so then we may get some Gen VII Pokemon cameos (I miss the days where they showed mons of the newest Gen prior to the last movie...) We will likely then get the last Gen VII games too and quickly move on to Gen VII for the end of the 3DS' life (or it'll be in the New 3DS).

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    I see Volcanion being in the same movie as Zygarde which may be the last Gen VII movie, if so then we may get some Gen VII Pokemon cameos (I miss the days where they showed mons of the newest Gen prior to the last movie...) We will likely then get the last Gen VII games too and quickly move on to Gen VII for the end of the 3DS' life (or it'll be in the New 3DS).

I agree. The hackers(?) said that they found a place holders for Zygarde's formes. I wonder if those new formes are directly related to Xerneas, Yveltal or even the Primal duo from the Hoenn remakes.

Years
  • I agree. The hackers(?) said that they found a place holders for Zygarde's formes. I wonder if those new formes are directly related to Xerneas, Yveltal or even the Primal duo from the Hoenn remakes.
    They did? I was only aware that they found two Signature moves which could belong to it. If Zygarde gets two of something I hope it's a Primal and Mega to bridge the two forms (besides Primals are the original form of a mon so Zygarde should have only one Primal. Having a Primal fits it as it has a relation to natural energy ( I bet that AZ's weapon and/or the Meteor that hit Sootopolis' island awakened it and caused it to release the natural energy stored in it's body to bring Order to the environmentally ravaged world. Think about it, many species in Hoenn apperantly died off due to the Meteor according to Birch and his kid's research, the world (at least Hoenn) likely looked something like the Primal world).

Platinum Lucario

Years
  • Maybe the upcoming CoroCoro leak might reveal a new Pokémon alongside Unbound Hoopa? I doubt they will, but you never know if something like that happens. If they do reveal a new Pokémon, then it'll star in the 18th movie. But it's definitely possible that they will show Unbound Hoopa.

Either way, I would absolutely love to see new Pokémon in the next main Pokémon games.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    Maybe the upcoming CoroCoro leak might reveal a new Pokémon alongside Unbound Hoopa? I doubt they will, but you never know if something like that happens. If they do reveal a new Pokémon, then it'll star in the 18th movie. But it's definitely possible that they will show Unbound Hoopa.

Either way, I would absolutely love to see new Pokémon in the next main Pokémon games.

Perhaps, and Hoopa might have an extended story on the 3rd version. Since the non-Hoenn legendaries appearing is hinted with Hoopa's involvement.

skyburial

Orca Hype
    Years
  • Yesssssssssssss I get to be this guy.

Much like we found out about Hoopa in ORAS, it looks as though a an alleged leaked Corocoro scan has revealed 2 new formes for Zygarde as well as the next titles in the series.

Spoiler:

The related article is discussed in this blog post, which *allegedly* reveals the origin of Yveltal and Xerneas as well as the basis for Zygarde's new formes. The art definitely looks legitimate, and the typings are already shared by other Pokemon. Thoughts, folks? Is this bogus? Mega Mew confirmed?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Honestly I'm very skeptical about any sort of random leaked info on the internet. People have gotten pretty good at making legit looking but fake shit. I also don't see why Zygarde would be able to fuse with Xerneas/Yveltal. It's not impossible, but I'll believe it when I see it for real.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • Yesssssssssssss I get to be this guy.

Much like we found out about Hoopa in ORAS, it looks as though a an alleged leaked Corocoro scan has revealed 2 new formes for Zygarde as well as the next titles in the series.

Spoiler:

The related article is discussed in this blog post, which *allegedly* reveals the origin of Yveltal and Xerneas as well as the basis for Zygarde's new formes. The art definitely looks legitimate, and the typings are already shared by other Pokemon. Thoughts, folks? Is this bogus? Mega Mew confirmed?

Doesn't the blog post date from April Fools' Day, or close to it? I think the guy even specifically wrote that the thing he was posting about was probably an April Fools' joke.

Platinum Lucario

Years
  • We'd have to wait until next month before the next CoroCoro leaks. But I would assume they would either just reveal Unbound Hoopa, or just reveal some future Pokémon XY anime episodes like how this month's issue was.

However, there's one thing that has rather surprised me though, there's a list of Pokémon merchandise for the Pokémon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. This list of Pokémon merchandise lists not just one, but many new characters that haven't been revealed yet, but they can't say what it is because it hasn't been revealed yet.

The list is:
    Character A
    Character B
    Character C
    Character D
    Character E
    Character D

Now this makes me wonder about the new characters, while many people speculate that the two Character Ds are actually new formes of Zygarde, which could be likely. There's also a chance that they could be just Unbound Hoopa, both normal and shiny variant. We've actually seen hints of not just the Legendary Pokémon appearing in Désert City, but also Hoopa sending the Pokémon into the city. Which gives a hint that there's actually two Hoopas appearing in the movie, not just one.

As for Character A, Character B, Character C and Character E, I speculate that A-C is the mega evolutions of Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja, while Character E is a brand new Pokémon set to appear in the Generation 7 games. And remember, even if new mega evolutions are revealed, it doesn't mean that they will announce the new games immediately, they could just quite possibly say something like "These mega evolutions cannot be obtained or used in Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Please stay tuned on Pokémon.com for more information on these new mega evolutions." They could also say the same thing for the new Pokémon as well.

In the past with Pokémon merchandise, it was mainly just one or two things in the list of new merchandise, such as only showing a "Character A" or a "Character A" and "Character B", such as with Giratina and the Sky Warrior before the new formes were revealed. As for Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice, there was 4. But that was nowhere near the amount that Hoopa and the Clash of Ages has to hide, as this one has 6.

So we're going to be seeing so many new things possibly in a month or two. But we can't guarantee that they will reveal any new games within a month or two though, they could make us wait until either July or August for an official reveal of the new games (which could quite possibly be in a Pokémon themed Nintendo Direct, aka Pokémon Direct).

Last edited:

Years
  • We'd have to wait until next month before the next CoroCoro leaks. But I would assume they would either just reveal Unbound Hoopa, or just reveal some future Pokémon XY anime episodes like how this month's issue was.

However, there's one thing that has rather surprised me though, there's a list of Pokémon merchandise for the Pokémon the Movie: Hoopa and the Clash of Ages. This list of Pokémon merchandise lists not just one, but many new characters that haven't been revealed yet, but they can't say what it is because it hasn't been revealed yet.

The list is:
    Character A
    Character B
    Character C
    Character D
    Character E
    Character D

Now this makes me wonder about the new characters, while many people speculate that the two Character Ds are actually new formes of Zygarde, which could be likely. There's also a chance that they could be just Unbound Hoopa, both normal and shiny variant. We've actually seen hints of not just the Legendary Pokémon appearing in Désert City, but also Hoopa sending the Pokémon into the city. Which gives a hint that there's actually two Hoopas appearing in the movie, not just one.

As for Character A, Character B, Character C and Character E, I speculate that A-C is the mega evolutions of Chesnaught, Delphox and Greninja, while Character E is a brand new Pokémon set to appear in the Generation 7 games. And remember, even if new mega evolutions are revealed, it doesn't mean that they will announce the new games immediately, they could just quite possibly say something like "These mega evolutions cannot be obtained or used in Pokémon X, Pokémon Y, Pokémon Omega Ruby or Pokémon Alpha Sapphire. Please stay tuned on Pokémon.com for more information on these new mega evolutions." They could also say the same thing for the new Pokémon as well.

In the past with Pokémon merchandise, it was mainly just one or two things in the list of new merchandise, such as only showing a "Character A" or a "Character A" and "Character B", such as with Giratina and the Sky Warrior before the new formes were revealed. As for Kyurem vs. the Sword of Justice, there was 4. But that was nowhere near the amount that Hoopa and the Clash of Ages has to hide, as this one has 6.

So we're going to be seeing so many new things possibly in a month or two. But we can't guarantee that they will reveal any new games within a month or two though, they could make us wait until either July or August for an official reveal of the new games (which could quite possibly be in a Pokémon themed Nintendo Direct, aka Pokémon Direct).
    They already revealed Hoopa Unbound in the most recent issue...

I noticed that the Anime has sped up Ash's accumulation of badges... He'll fight Valerie in an episode next month...at this rate he may get all 8 by the time we get an announcement on the next game(s). A July and especially an August reveal would likely mean no new main game this year but early 2016.

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

Years
  • They already revealed Hoopa Unbound in the most recent issue...

I noticed that the Anime has sped up Ash's accumulation of badges... He'll fight Valerie in an episode next month...at this rate he may get all 8 by the time we get an announcement on the next game(s). A July and especially an August reveal would likely mean no new main game this year but early 2016.

But as we know, after Ash has received the Fairy Badge, he'll have to travel through Dendemile Town before reaching Anistar City, Same thing applies for getting to Snowbelle City as well, he'll have to travel through Couriway Town (and have some mention about the new region in that episode too) before reaching Snowbelle City. But of course, even at that rate... he'll have all eight badges by the time it gets to around October. Then he has to compete in the Conference that is held in some anime-exclusive town, which should last until December. Then finally, we have some Team Flare saga to finish it all off, which should last until February. Then Ash (and perhaps Serena) head off on the bullet train in Couriway Town to the new region in which is based off the UK.

But of course, if we're to know when Volcanion will be distributed, I have a feeling that it could be distributed during the time Mega Evolution Special IV airs, which I'd assume is where Volcanion makes it's debut. If not, then it'll make it's debut in the seventh generation Pokémon movie that will air in 2016.

I'm sure next month's CoroCoro could reveal a brand new Pokémon that we have never seen before. If not, then it'll be the month after. Then by the time it gets to around about July or August, we'll be seeing the special Pokémon Direct in which will show the Generation VII games.

Years
  • But as we know, after Ash has received the Fairy Badge, he'll have to travel through Dendemile Town before reaching Anistar City, Same thing applies for getting to Snowbelle City as well, he'll have to travel through Couriway Town (and have some mention about the new region in that episode too) before reaching Snowbelle City. But of course, even at that rate... he'll have all eight badges by the time it gets to around October. Then he has to compete in the Conference that is held in some anime-exclusive town, which should last until December. Then finally, we have some Team Flare saga to finish it all off, which should last until February. Then Ash (and perhaps Serena) head off on the bullet train in Couriway Town to the new region in which is based off the UK.

But of course, if we're to know when Volcanion will be distributed, I have a feeling that it could be distributed during the time Mega Evolution Special IV airs, which I'd assume is where Volcanion makes it's debut. If not, then it'll make it's debut in the seventh generation Pokémon movie that will air in 2016.

I'm sure next month's CoroCoro could reveal a brand new Pokémon that we have never seen before. If not, then it'll be the month after. Then by the time it gets to around about July or August, we'll be seeing the special Pokémon Direct in which will show the Generation VII games.
    I still think we're getting another Gen VI game, even if all mons are already obtainable (barring events). Remember Gen I got two third versions in Japan (with little additions beyond graphics and team changes) despite all mons being in RG (RB for the rest of the world), then Crystal came even though all mons were obtainable in R(G)BYGS and did not add the exclusives of R(G)BY at all. Plus the anime has enough left for a December 2015 release of the last game (with the game being revealed around E3 in June), with Volcanion pulling a Genesect and appearing in the last movie of XY (July 2016) while Gen VII is being rolled out like VI was.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    But as we know, after Ash has received the Fairy Badge, he'll have to travel through Dendemile Town before reaching Anistar City, Same thing applies for getting to Snowbelle City as well, he'll have to travel through Couriway Town (and have some mention about the new region in that episode too) before reaching Snowbelle City. But of course, even at that rate... he'll have all eight badges by the time it gets to around October. Then he has to compete in the Conference that is held in some anime-exclusive town, which should last until December. Then finally, we have some Team Flare saga to finish it all off, which should last until February. Then Ash (and perhaps Serena) head off on the bullet train in Couriway Town to the new region in which is based off the UK.

What makes you think that gen 6 will last for such a short period? 2 years and 4 months ? LOL even shorter than BW saga.

Platinum Lucario

Years
  • What makes you think that gen 6 will last for such a short period? 2 years and 4 months ? LOL even shorter than BW saga.

Not sure, I just feel as if the Generation VII games would be a repeat of what Generation II did in regards to visiting a past region. And I haven't seen any newer games be able to visit a past region since G/S/C and it's remakes.

But think about it... a new region based off the UK, and the old region in which is Kalos (in which is based off France). It would make the games very enjoyable.

But like Satoshi Tajiri has said in the past, there is no pattern when developing games. If we don't get to see a Pokémon X2 and Pokémon Y2, like everyone speculates, then Generation VI will not only become the shortest generation... but it will also become the first ever generation to not have a sister game within the same generation that returns to it's main region. Now that the main Pokémon games are getting worldwide (or close to) release dates, we can now expect the generations to be more shorter.

The only reason why Generation V had a one year gap without announcing any new game, is because Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version were being released to the west. Which was about 6 months after it's release in Japan. Now that they focus on doing localizing at the same time as development, it means that the generations can be sped up, and Junichi Masuda has also previously said that he aims to release new Pokémon games on a yearly basis, but that doesn't mean it can be all within every year. It just means that he aims to release a new game after a year has passed for the previous games that were released.

Junichi Masuda has already said in an interview with GameSpot in October that him and his development team likes to develop games in a way that people aren't speculating about or expecting. So in this case, since most people are speculating an X2 and Y2, or Z... it means he'll avoid making games like that. But of course, Junichi Masuda did not rule out the possibility of a Pokémon X2 and Y2 after Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire, he only said that he avoided making direct sequels after X and Y, so that they could remake Ruby and Sapphire instead.

So it's either he'll go into direct sequels to X/Y, or we'll go directly into a Generation VII game like I speculated. A Generation VII game set 2 years before the events in X/Y and in a new region based off the UK with the ability to travel to Kalos.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back