• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y Third Version Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
  • I remember mentions of "another region" in X and Y, presumably a new one, so maybe that could have a role in the third game. It's unlikely we'll get another region in the game out of this, though.

I think we will see the region hinted at in a future generation (either the next one or sometime down the road), also I unless if they inflate the geography of England I doubt that the region hinted at will be based at the UK...it's smaller than Northern France.

Actually to add to the theory that we may see Gen VII soon is that GF already seems to be planning the next Generation with their hints of another region that they added in XY, also Masuda is said to have mentioned that he had plans for the series which he looks forward to revealing at a later time (I think this was after XY and sometime before ORAS was released).

Last edited:

Platinum Lucario

The Legendary Master of [color=#D8D48C]Light[/colo
    Years
  • I think we will see the region hinted at in a future generation (either the next one or sometime down the road), also I unless if they inflate the geography of England I doubt that the region hinted at will be based at the UK...it's smaller than Northern France.
    But as we know, Unova was based off New York City, which is waaaaaaay smaller than northern France. Also, the UK isn't that much smaller either, there could be a possibility of having not just one... but two new regions. One in which is so small that it can only fit two routes, Victory Road, a city, a town, a cave and a Pokémon League. While the other new region could be the main region the player starts in and has to collect the 8 gym badges in, which is the region based off the UK.

But of course, it's more likely to just be one new region. It would be nice though.

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I remember mentions of "another region" in X and Y, presumably a new one, so maybe that could have a role in the third game. It's unlikely we'll get another region in the game out of this, though.

I think we will see the region hinted at in a future generation (either the next one or sometime down the road), also I unless if they inflate the geography of England I doubt that the region hinted at will be based at the UK...it's smaller than Northern France.

But as we know, Unova was based off New York City, which is waaaaaaay smaller than northern France. Also, the UK isn't that much smaller either, there could be a possibility of having not just one... but two new regions. One in which is so small that it can only fit two routes, Victory Road, a city, a town, a cave and a Pokémon League. While the other new region could be the main region the player starts in and has to collect the 8 gym badges in, which is the region based off the UK.

But of course, it's more likely to just be one new region. It would be nice though.

Yeah, more than two regions in one game would be very interesting, to say the least. But if there turns out to be only one extra region, then maybe it could be as packed as Unova was due to that region's being based on population-heavy NYC?

Years
  • But as we know, Unova was based off New York City, which is waaaaaaay smaller than northern France. Also, the UK isn't that much smaller either, there could be a possibility of having not just one... but two new regions. One in which is so small that it can only fit two routes, Victory Road, a city, a town, a cave and a Pokémon League. While the other new region could be the main region the player starts in and has to collect the 8 gym badges in, which is the region based off the UK.

Well I did mentioned "unless if they inflate" it's geography...besides Unova also had parts of New Jersey and the ouerparts of New York city too. I think if they do a region based on the Uk that they'll include Ireland too (either as post game, or for the league). Anyways I don't think we'll see a whole region based on that area until like a year or two...through if there is another Kalos game they could add in parts of England into Kalos like how future Unova has parts of New Jersey (besides we already have part of the English Channel in XY (Azure bay and the rock where we capture the bird). Actually it's odd that they keep Kalos restricted to northern France beyond Azure bay...I mean Kanto had more than real life Kanto, Johto wasn't restricted to Kansai either, Hoenn has islands that aren't part of Kyushu (irc some parts are Okinawa), Sinnoh had parts of Russia (but claimed by Japan) that aren't part of the island of Hokkaido), then Unova with parts of New Jersey.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
  • I'm not sure which direction I want them to take for the third game tbh. I didn't like Kalos that much. It seemed really long at the beginning, which is something I liked but after badge 2 it just seemed to speed up and within a few hours it was over. On the other hand Kalos has a lot of potential to be really huge and amazing and I hope that if they do choose to go back to Kalos for the third games that they expand on it immensely. I want all of those unanswered questions to have answers, I want a decent postgame. Like XY's was tragic I will never get over that.

As for people wanting both Kalos & Hoenn or Kalos & Unova in the next games I'd put down your arms because your shoulders must be in agony from all that reaching though... that's just such a stretch.

Colorado290

Lazy Grump
    Years
    • Seen Oct 27, 2015
    I'm still not sure about the next game being a new gen. I do believe that we will get one rather soon, perhaps on the cusp of the 20th anniversary, but for now, we need to focus on wrapping up Gen 6. I don't think the next game will introduce a new region, but we certainly do have plenty of opportunity for it, given how Kalos is set up in a position similar to Johto, in which a journey east-bound could show something. However, I think that when we do get a new region, it will simply be a new gen, and judging by the obelisk (statue whatever) we're given, which to me resembles a Moai, and how the NPC that gives it to us says that it's located far away in another region far away from the presently known ones, I would say we could expect the next region to be somewhere in South America, perhaps near the Amazon Rainforest area, or somewhere in Central America. I could be generalizing, but given the shape, and how it's a statue of a head or something, it seems that this Pokemon, if deemed as a protector of sorts, would have a lore based on more tribal roots of sorts.

I say all of this because, while Game Freak claims they try not to follow a pattern, they inadvertently do follow one somewhat, and given the backlash they received from including so fewer mons this gen, I'd say the next gen will make up for it. It seems that every odd number generation, they have a region with enough Pokemon native to it that they can create their own sustainable Pokedex without any help from previous generations (Kanto was the first gen so obviously it could do it, Hoenn only had two Pokemon that needed previous gen Pokemon to function with (Azurril and Wynaut), and Unova was practically a new Kanto, while BW2 made it feel somewhat like Johto), while even numbered gens rely heavily on past gen Pokemon (Johto only introduced 100 new Pokemon, and quite a few relied on previous gens to work, Sinnoh had a BUNCH of evolutions to previous gen mons, and Kalos introduced less than 100 new Pokemon and relies heavily on Mega Evolution to fill in the spots for "new" Pokemon.). This being said, the next game, to me, probably won't be a new gen because of this pattern.

For now, though, the next game will probably take place in Kalos again, and I highly doubt it'll be a third version like Emerald or Platinum, but idk if I would expect it to be a sequel or prequel.

I am not sure if they'll have another region, but if the next games are prequels we may see Blue who was in Kalos at some point in time.

There's another thing. As the generations close, they try to include many things from past generations to make us feel nostalgic (Emerald having Johto'mons, HGSS having Hoenn and Sinnoh mon's along with a Sinnoh Battle Frontier and the inclusion of Steven, Sinnoh also adding way more to their Pokedex than before, and BW2 including the Pokemon World Tournament, and Black and White especially allowed you to battle Cynthia. I wouldn't call it too farfetch'd for someone like Blue to show up for us to battle, and the system already in place would help to decide his team as well. Why's that?

In Kalos, you receive Kanto starters. At least in X and Y. And, given how BW2 worked by connecting to BW1, and Cheren and Bianca still having starters with advantages or disadvantages to yours, I'd say the same could work if you picked, say, Charmander, and thus he would have Blastoise.

Which brings me to another thing. In the next Gen 6 game, can we PLEASE have more challenging rivals? I don't mind Shauna, I like her a whole lot better than Serena/Calem in all honesty, even if she's more of a best friend/love interest than a rival, but the opposite gendered rival just... There's nothing there. They're bland and boring to me. Also, we have two other Kanto starters that went unused. Heck, give one to Tierno and Trevor for all I care.

Better yet, you know who was given some spot light as Sycamore's assistants throughout the game and acted as weird super heroes, yet were never shown with any Pokemon? Dexio and Sophia, who, according to Bulbapedia, were given Pokedexes by Professor Sycamore 2 years prior to X and Y. Perhaps there are some clues to an X and Y prequel, and these two certainly act like they've been on a crazy adventure before, reminding me heavily of Cheren and Bianca's roles in BW2. Their roles in X and Y were rather minor, almost forgettable, which to me says we could have some hope for them. IF we do prequels, anyway.

Years
  • I'm still not sure about the next game being a new gen. I do believe that we will get one rather soon, perhaps on the cusp of the 20th anniversary, but for now, we need to focus on wrapping up Gen 6. I don't think the next game will introduce a new region, but we certainly do have plenty of opportunity for it, given how Kalos is set up in a position similar to Johto, in which a journey east-bound could show something. However, I think that when we do get a new region, it will simply be a new gen, and judging by the obelisk (statue whatever) we're given, which to me resembles a Moai, and how the NPC that gives it to us says that it's located far away in another region far away from the presently known ones, I would say we could expect the next region to be somewhere in South America, perhaps near the Amazon Rainforest area, or somewhere in Central America. I could be generalizing, but given the shape, and how it's a statue of a head or something, it seems that this Pokemon, if deemed as a protector of sorts, would have a lore based on more tribal roots of sorts.

I say all of this because, while Game Freak claims they try not to follow a pattern, they inadvertently do follow one somewhat, and given the backlash they received from including so fewer mons this gen, I'd say the next gen will make up for it. It seems that every odd number generation, they have a region with enough Pokemon native to it that they can create their own sustainable Pokedex without any help from previous generations (Kanto was the first gen so obviously it could do it, Hoenn only had two Pokemon that needed previous gen Pokemon to function with (Azurril and Wynaut), and Unova was practically a new Kanto, while BW2 made it feel somewhat like Johto), while even numbered gens rely heavily on past gen Pokemon (Johto only introduced 100 new Pokemon, and quite a few relied on previous gens to work, Sinnoh had a BUNCH of evolutions to previous gen mons, and Kalos introduced less than 100 new Pokemon and relies heavily on Mega Evolution to fill in the spots for "new" Pokemon.). This being said, the next game, to me, probably won't be a new gen because of this pattern.

For now, though, the next game will probably take place in Kalos again, and I highly doubt it'll be a third version like Emerald or Platinum, but idk if I would expect it to be a sequel or prequel.

There's another thing. As the generations close, they try to include many things from past generations to make us feel nostalgic (Emerald having Johto'mons, HGSS having Hoenn and Sinnoh mon's along with a Sinnoh Battle Frontier and the inclusion of Steven, Sinnoh also adding way more to their Pokedex than before, and BW2 including the Pokemon World Tournament, and Black and White especially allowed you to battle Cynthia. I wouldn't call it too farfetch'd for someone like Blue to show up for us to battle, and the system already in place would help to decide his team as well. Why's that?

In Kalos, you receive Kanto starters. At least in X and Y. And, given how BW2 worked by connecting to BW1, and Cheren and Bianca still having starters with advantages or disadvantages to yours, I'd say the same could work if you picked, say, Charmander, and thus he would have Blastoise.

Which brings me to another thing. In the next Gen 6 game, can we PLEASE have more challenging rivals? I don't mind Shauna, I like her a whole lot better than Serena/Calem in all honesty, even if she's more of a best friend/love interest than a rival, but the opposite gendered rival just... There's nothing there. They're bland and boring to me. Also, we have two other Kanto starters that went unused. Heck, give one to Tierno and Trevor for all I care.

Better yet, you know who was given some spot light as Sycamore's assistants throughout the game and acted as weird super heroes, yet were never shown with any Pokemon? Dexio and Sophia, who, according to Bulbapedia, were given Pokedexes by Professor Sycamore 2 years prior to X and Y. Perhaps there are some clues to an X and Y prequel, and these two certainly act like they've been on a crazy adventure before, reminding me heavily of Cheren and Bianca's roles in BW2. Their roles in X and Y were rather minor, almost forgettable, which to me says we could have some hope for them. IF we do prequels, anyway.
    I think that the assistants will be either the Rivals of the main character, or they are the main characters of the poosible prequels.

Years
  • I like the idea of Zygarde having a distortion world like thing like Platinum, but more like a broken up earth that you have to put together, like Sonic Unleashed ....?

RandomDSdevel

The EXP-Grinding Trainer
    Years
  • I like the idea of Zygarde having a distortion world like thing like Platinum, but more like a broken up earth that you have to put together, like Sonic Unleashed ....?

As cool as that sounds, I don't think it's going to happen since Nintendo and GungHo Entertainment just used that idea in Puzzle & Dragons Z.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Guys I will be glad if you share your thoughts about the estimated release date? :)
    My guess is that it'll be announced sometime late this month or in June (either during that thingamajig on May 21st or during E3), and then be released around Christmas time or January 2016. X/Y came out in October 2013, and ORAS was revealed roughly 7 months after that in May 2014. It then came out about 6 months later in November. So it seems that the trend lately is about 6-7 months between things.

2016 does mark the franchise's 20th anniversary though, so we'll see how that affects things.

Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    My guess is that it'll be announced sometime late this month or in June (either during that thingamajig on May 21st or during E3), and then be released around Christmas time or January 2016. X/Y came out in October 2013, and ORAS was revealed roughly 7 months after that in May 2014. It then came out about 6 months later in November. So it seems that the trend lately is about 6-7 months between things.

2016 does mark the franchise's 20th anniversary though, so we'll see how that affects things.

I hope you're right. I dont really mind when the new game comes out, I just wanna know how it's gonna be called.. I also LOVE checking for updates and news about new games <3

Oblivion Wing

IGN: Havel 3DS Friend Code: 5215-3694-9757
    Years
  • We're supposed to be getting a title name at the end of this month. If not it would probably be end of next month or the mid July... Hopefully we see somenthing on E3.

Years
  • We're supposed to be getting a title name at the end of this month. If not it would probably be end of next month or the mid July... Hopefully we see somenthing on E3.
    Could be E3. Irc ORAS was announced around the time of a financial/investors briefing (this month's has passed), while XY were announced in their own direct. I doubt we are getting a Direct between now and E3 so, E3 is the best venue to announce the next game at this point in the year.

Edit: So I was looking at Astras, the weapons of the Hindu gods, and noticed that a lot of them involve arrows. Shiva's is a destructive arrow (thousand arrows) while Brahma has one that can attack anything no matter what (thousand waves?). I wonder what this could mean for Zygarde...perhaps it'll look more like the traditional depictions of Brahma and Shiva in it's formes.

Last edited:
    Years
  • 2016 does mark the franchise's 20th anniversary though, so we'll see how that affects things.

I wonder if the 20th anniversary will affect anything at all. And even if, the anniversary will be in February so that would still make a release in December/January possible. They didn't release a game for the 10th anniversary so I don't believe they will focus that much on releasing a game for the 20th anniversary either.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I wonder if the 20th anniversary will affect anything at all. And even if, the anniversary will be in February so that would still make a release in December/January possible. They didn't release a game for the 10th anniversary so I don't believe they will focus that much on releasing a game for the 20th anniversary either.
    They didn't do anything for the series's 10th anniversary? You think that they would've, or that they'll do something for the 20th; having a series go strong for 20 years is no small feat I think.

Years
  • They didn't do anything for the series's 10th anniversary? You think that they would've, or that they'll do something for the 20th; having a series go strong for 20 years is no small feat I think.

Uh are you two forgetting that DP came out in Japan in 2006? Remember that GF is Japanese-centric so look at the Japanese dates when talking about anniversaries and such ;).

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back