• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Xbox 360 or PS3?

PS3 or Xbox360

• Xbox 360

Votes: 41 75.9%
  • Playstation 3

Votes: 13 24.1%

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Okay, so at the end of month I'm allowed to get either a Playstation 3 or a Xbox 360, and to be quite honest, I'm torn between the two. Any help would be appreciated, as it would help my decision. :x

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
    Years
  • I honestly cannot vote on that poll, it's too hard. Both have flaws that beat the other one.

The only reason I got the 360 over the PS3 was for Fable 2, other than that... I probably would've gone with a PS3 over the 360. It just works better.

The 360 has red light, so... that's a huge downfall for it when people don't know what one to buy. I'd recommend the PS3 over the 360 though because of red light and when I was playing a game, I took it out and went to go put it back in it's case and it had a scratch on it... but I didn't cause it, the 360 did. It was a perfect circle around the disc and it kept freezing.

Razer302

Three Days Grace - Break
    Years
  • Real hard choice but I have to say the PS3 as they are much more reliable than a 360. My friends have all had to replace there 360 but no one at school has had to replace there PS3 unless they stupidly didn't clean out the air filter. I think the PS3 has a worse online than on the 360 but at some point PS3 will catch up and will beat the 360.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
  • Do you plan on playing games online? If so then it's a nobrainer.

But like the others said, 360s tend to RRoD. But at the same time it's been known that games run smoother, and look better on the 360. Personally, I like the 360 over my PS3, but then again I like online gaming.

storm393

Years
    • Seen Jan 14, 2009
    i do not have either, but i have heard the regular 360's breakdown and ps3's dont....

XaRhS

I like PS3 more.It has some things that XBox 360 doesn't:
    *Internet access
    *the ability to read all types of SD Cards
    *40/60/80/160 GB HDD
    *the ability to play DVD Movies{i think that XBox doesn't}
    Is that enough?:P
    I'm about to buy one soon,so ''if'' i'm disappointed with something,i'll come and post it.''If''...

Sushi.

AWESOME
    Years
  • I don't have either of them, but both of them have good games. On the other hand, I would perfer the PS3 because of it's issue of the red light from the 360. >.<
    So I would go for the PS3.

Gummy

by fire be P U R G E D
    Years
  • I have yet to experience the Red Ring of Death (only a matter of time, right? xD) so right now my favorite is Xbox 360. The Xbox exclusives just appeal to me more than the PS3 exclusives. If for some reason KH3 is released on the Xbox 360 as well, I honestly see no reason for me to ever get a PS3.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Tough call. I'm gonna go with PS3, mainly because I brought one and have never had any problems with it. (my cousin is on what must be his...4th 360 now) Don't let Arkanine's post put you off of online gaming with PS3, what he neglected to mention is Xbox charges you for a service full of racists and screaming 12 year olds, PS3 lets you get racially abused by12 year olds for free!

Years
  • XBOX360.
    Amazing console. There are alot more people in online multiplayer, so many more and better system exclusive games (Fable 2, L4D, Halo 3, Gears 1 + 2, etc), and mroe people tend to choose this console. Better it really depends on the games you are. If you want a good console with Shooters or Sports, go the 360 way. If you want a good RPG and Other console, the PS3 is perfect for you.

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    PS3

Red ring of death is just scary sounding and PS3 works best with HD and it looks more sleek so it can be seen in the living room.

Years
    • Seen Sep 8, 2016
    Thanks to everyone who posted. I think my decision is clear. I suppose I'm getting the PS3. Thing is, I would have to pay a lot more for the Xbox as I need the $100 network adapter plus the subscription card to even get online, but on the other hand the PS3 costs nothing, and it's compatible with my type of internet. Anyway, this can get locked, as I've made my choice.

Years
    • Seen Dec 27, 2010
    Exclusives

PS3
    Free PSN
    Blu-Ray
    Consistency

360's exclusive's and online play outweigh PS3's pro's it for me.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Exclusives

PS3
    Free PSN
    Blu-Ray
    Consistency

360's exclusive's and online play outweigh PS3's pro's it for me.

Apart from Fable 2 and at a stretch, Gears 1+2, there's not really being in my eyes, many interesting 360 exclusives, certainly not "console purchase for 1-2 games" worthy anyway.

I also feel PS3 has a wider range of exclusives, from LBP and Fat princess to Killzone 2 and Resistance 2 to MGS4 and Uncharted. With PS3 there really is something for everyone.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    A few mistakes:

I like PS3 more.It has some things that XBox 360 doesn't:
    *Internet access
    The 360 can be connected via ethernet cable or wireless adaptor, unless you meant internet browser, which the 360 doesn't have.
    *the ability to read all types of SD Cards
    Card reader=£5, I have one living in my usb port right now
    *40/60/80/160 GB HDD
    *the ability to play DVD Movies{i think that XBox doesn't}
    It's actually the wii that doesn't play dvds, 360 even comes with online movie rentals =]
    Is that enough?:P
    I'm about to buy one soon,so ''if'' i'm disappointed with something,i'll come and post it.''If''...

But yeah, the 360 gets my vote all the way. Complaints about the RRoD are common but microsoft will repair it withing the first year of buying it and if it doesn't break in the first year of buying it probably won't break ever- My friend is still using his that he bought on the day of release with nothing but a cooler for adjustment. The online community on the 360 is generally more sociable than that of PSN- they all tend to take their super-expensive machines very seriously anf the online play/exclusives (Halo <3) is more than worth the fee (1 year sets you back £45, which works out to 10p a day.). Not to mention that the only way you will notice the difference in graphics is if you have an expensive high-def tv with HDMI cable, and even then the 360 still exceeds all expectations. There are very few reasons I would choose the PS3 over my box (I've owned both), apart Metal Gear which is admittedly an awesome game. Microsoft all the way =]

XaRhS

As i can see,you were a little bit rushy.You can get PS3 on discount,too.It's really worth it.

Back