• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

News: Yamper and Impidimp: two new Pokémon in Sword and Shield

Years
    • Age 33
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'm so happy to see more mischievous and grim Fairy designs. Not all fae are cute, adorable, pink woodland creatures and I think Impidimp is a good start to bringing more Irish / Celtic folklore to Pokémon. Really promising direction, even if I'm not 100% sold on the design yet.

Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Aug 16, 2022
    Really liking them both. Yamper much more than Impidimp, but I guess it shows the Fairy/Dark type in its design so I won't complain

There is something off with Yamper design. Can't tell what, but it seems weird. But it might be due the angle and quality of the screens. And electric corgi sounds awesome!

I agree about Yamper. I like it, but something seems off. Maybe it's the eye color, or the weird lime green they've used around it's ears, eyes and butt.

Years
    • Age 28
    • Seen today
    I'm okay with Yamper. It may be pretty cute, but I'm not a dog person. Its ability is interesting for catching Pokemon, but who knows if it'll be useful in actual battles? I may catch one, and if it gets a cool evolution with a good ability, I may take it to the Elite Four.

I'm more interested in Impidimp. It's both cute and cool. If it gets a good evolution or becomes an unevolving Pokemon with good stats and abilities, I'll very likely use it.

Years
    • Age 46
    • Seen Aug 8, 2019
    I'm actually not a huge fan of either of these designs…yet. Yamper's Ball Fetch ability is beautiful, though. I'm hoping it has a Shiny with colors that appeal to me more.

Impidimp I'm hoping evolves into something I like more. I really like its typing, so I'm still open to it.

Neither was instant love like I had with Wooloo and Corviknight, though.

Silent Memento

Future Authoress
    Years
  • I freaking love Impidimp! I've been waiting so long for a demon mon, and the typing is perfect. I actually love his silly design as well.

Yamper is definitely cute.

Years
    • Age 21
    • Seen May 14, 2022
    I'm loving Yamper. Definitely on my team ASAP. Impidimp I'm unsure of. On one hand, it has a unique aesthetic and a unique type. On the other hand it looks butt-ugly.

Sugar-Fable

Pokemon Princess
    Years
    • Age 27
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    I LOVE Yamper. I haven't immediately loved a Pokemon so much in awhile! Don't like Impidimp at all TBH.

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • This was the first thing to come to my mind when I saw the dog:

bTC4A1k.jpg

So far everythings fine, still gonna wait until the games come out to form a proper opinion on them.

BH

Canine pokemon fan
    Years
  • Wow first non legendary dog family pokemon in gen. 8, hopefull gen. 8 Eeveelutions will be just as cute

OMG, where can i find this image? I taged Vaporeon on Dorkly website and nothing found

Last edited:

kingdenas

#Team Popplio <3
    Years
  • Not a huge fun of Impidimp. Reminds me of Sableye tbh, and I'm not a fan of it either.
    The corgi doggo however.... IT'S SO ADORABLE. Looking forward to know its evolutionary line :)

Years
    • Age 46
    • Seen Aug 8, 2019
    Impidimp has grown on me. It initially made me think of Hoopa, but I see Sableye, too. I think I'd like Yamper more without the green. Like if the green parts were dark brown, especially the eyes, I'd probably love it.

Years
  • yamper is so cute <3 i don't know about impidimp (don't particularly likes his design). so far, swsh have cute pokemon. i wonder how the whole generation would look

ChickenMom

a filthy casual.
    Years
  • I love seeing the new designs get released because I'm impatient, but that kinda does spoil the fun of discovering them in game. I'm torn when it comes to that topic! As for these two, I'm a little bummed to say that I feel very... meh about them. The impish one looks two close to that pokemon that has the gems in its eyes. (I can't recall the name off the top of my head, sorry!)

I really want to like the corgi because it looks very huggable, but something about the face bothers me. We don't seem to get a lot of the standard anime eyes on pokemon anymore, do we? Like Nidoran, for example. I'd like to see more eyes like that on pokemon. Lately it's just been little beady dots or a crazy design that I can't figure what it'd actually look like in the real world. For Yamper, is the yellow supposed to be fur markings around the eyes, and the eyes are just beady dots - or is it all the eye and the outside of the eye has no outline for whatever reason? But yeah, besides that I love that they made a corgi for this region! I wonder if there will be a Queen character.

EmTheGhost

I say a lot of words
    Years
    • Age 24
    • Any
    • Ohio
    • Seen Mar 24, 2023
    I just noticed Impidimp's upturned nose...I wish I hadn't because that makes me like it less. 😣 But I guess it's fitting...

Back