• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] Ye Olde D20 Tavern: PokeCommunity's Dungeons and Dragons Club

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey everyone! Congrats on being Club of the Month. :)

Years
  • Yay! I have a topic to talk about. What TRPG books do you own? Do you buy them often? Do you buy physical or digital copies?

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
  • How did I not see this club before? Hi!! o/

Player Name: Lycan

Favorite/Most Played Edition: D&D 4e/5e
    It really depends on the style of the campaign and the players which of the two I gravitate more towards. And yes, I'm one of the rare people who genuinely likes Fourth Edition.
    Other TTRPGs I have played are Shadowrun, Middle Earth Roleplaying and Maid RPG.

Favorite/Most Played Class: Paladin, Cleric

What got you into D&D:
    My high school math teacher sometimes told us stories from his D&D adventures. Me and my friends thought they were cool, so we decided to try it out for ourselves, eventually dragging more and more people along with us into the hobby.

Has D&D impacted your mental health? If so, how?

I think D&D has had quite its impact on helping me getting more comfortable with (public) speaking. Roleplaying as another person makes it feel safer to act outside of your own comfort zone. You may not be a great speaker, but your character might be. Lately I have been playing mostly high-Charisma characters - a Sorcerer and a Bard - on purpose to force myself to talk more. And if it doesn't work, it's still only your character who messed up. The worst thing that could happen is the social encounter turns into a combat encounter. And if it happens, usually we just laugh about it later.

And of course, hanging out and having fun with your friends is always good for your mental health!

Yay! I have a topic to talk about. What TRPG books do you own? Do you buy them often? Do you buy physical or digital copies?

I have to admit that I too have been using illegal PDFs mostly. Certainly the older editions of D&D just have an intimidating amount of source books with character options and it feels buying some of them just doesn't cut it if I want to see all the possible options for spells/powers/feats/etc. I'm considering buying a couple of physical copies of the monster books and maybe and adventure module or two for 5e though, but I have yet to decide which!

Last edited:
    Years

• Just made a character for a campaign DMd by this guy yesterday. Pretty interesting to see where it will go since we're all starting at level 1 with no equipment, seemingly as prisoners by the sounds of things. Will definitely need to play smart/creatively... especially since I rather stupidly used Constitution as my dump stat and have only got four hit points.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • I am considering running Death House and Curse of Strahd starting the last Friday in September with my club. Any tips for DMing this with first time players?

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    No one to play with, rip

(´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Regretfully, my local game shop closed about a year ago. And the local hobby shop as well. It'd be a good hour drive before I could find somewhere to participate in a campaign.

I'm definitely going to try to explore online options though. Or hell, at the very least I can still get involved by offering to draw people's D&D characters for cheap.

Miss Wendighost

Satan's Little Princess
    Years
  • Regretfully, my local game shop closed about a year ago. And the local hobby shop as well. It'd be a good hour drive before I could find somewhere to participate in a campaign.

I'm definitely going to try to explore online options though. Or hell, at the very least I can still get involved by offering to draw people's D&D characters for cheap.

If you want to spend the least amount of money possible, there's always Discord for voice chatting and a few other options.

Flowerchild

fleeting assembly
    Years
  • I don't see myself doing a Halloween campaign. My group can barely manage to get together for our actual games.

How dare you drag me in a thread like this.

Also, I'll join~

Player Name: Rainbow
    Favorite/Most Played Edition: 5E
    Favorite/Most Played Class: Thief
    What got you into D&D: PC users gimmepie, Kitty & Foxrally :p

Back